Game-Labs Forum

So just to start out this would be an idea for a unified server. My idea is that when a region is taken it gives a buffer period of 5 days and sets a region to an exact time that it was taken or defended. After the buffer period at every server reset it would add 15 mins before and after the exact set time to run up hostility in a region.

Example: GB starts out and runs up hostility in Les Cayes and a port battle gets scheduled at 19:30 UTC. The Port Battle takes place and the British win in exactly an hour at 20:30 UTC. So the British would have a 5 day buffer period on Les Cayes and no hostility could be driven up there until 20:30 UTC 5 days later. But at every server reset it would add 30 minutes for when it could be scheduled again. So on day 6 a pb could be scheduled for that port at 20:15-20:45, on day 7 20:00-21:00 etc... until the server reset times.

So what this would do is allow nations to have a certain time period that they want and occasionally would have to fight outside their desired time. This is a compromise that I don't think would be too difficult to implement and I hope it will be considered because honestly we are better off together. And really this is genuine i'm not trying to troll or bash anyone's beliefs so please don't make this thread about previous issues. We don't need another thread like this: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/20247-global-or-european/

Thoughts?

Edited by Aventador
  • Like 1

I fully agree that splitting can't be the solution. The population is too low for the game to work as intended anyways so why make it worse by splitting the playerbase further as the EU/global crap just did. Your idea is certainly interesting, I think a crucial point would be making that time frame expand rather slowly. I like the pace you are suggsting since it would force you to either wait for a long time before you can safely flip the port again in your favored time or you take the gamble and attack very soon and risk losing to superior force. 5 days invulnerability seems very excessive but your numbers are just examples anyways.

On a side note, and this is why I am so strongly rooting for a single server solution, if we had enough players there would be absoloutely no need to even consider things like this as you would easily find enough players to defend at any time of the day even if it isn't the defending region's favored time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clebi said:

I think a crucial point would be making that time frame expand rather slowly. I like the pace you are suggesting since it would force you to either wait for a long time before you can safely flip the port again in your favored time or you take the gamble and attack very soon and risk losing to superior force. 5 days invulnerability seems very excessive but your numbers are just examples anyways.

The devs are moving towards a more realistic game play experience. I would think if your fleet was badly beaten you wouldn't be able to recuperate very quickly so I don't think 5 days is excessive at all. 

Edited by Aventador

This isn't a solution to any of the problems with night-flips. This proposal would be like the emperor's new clothes. Like putting a band aid on a severed limb. All this would change is that you couldn't be night-flipped in frequently contended regions more than once a week. But unless you recently lost all of your regions and regained them, you would always be open to night-flipping everywhere. And this would still give the nations/alliances with time-zone coverage a free pass to take regions they lost back without challenge if they just wait ~10 days, leaving us exactly where we were before the split.

• Like 1

ah @Aventador the thing is, night flips are just the recent excuse in a long list of them.  These snowflakes are never happy and their current level of glee has an expiration date.  Fact of the matter is, they don't like or want us on THEIR server.  Those pesky Americans always mess everything up.  The global server setup was intentionally sabotaged, populations screwed up and us trump lovers exiled to off to St Helena to die.  

Give it a few months and some infighting between the EU rainbow land and things will go back to what they were pre wipe because nothing about the game fundamentally changed.  The rat race remains the same as it every was, only this time admin is making us run it all over again with a handicap.  

Edited by Christendom

Youguys really are going full on troll...

We already made offers to balance timezones, we gave ideas to make shifting timers, we gave all kinds of suggestions. Including warnings that nightflipping would split the servers. I truly feel sorry for youguys. But the numbers don't lie as for what people prefer, timer wise.