Game-Labs Forum

Be Able to put basic 4pd on all ships

hi guys and devs, like title says , i would love to be able to put this free 4pd medium cannons on each ships , this will help a lot now at the start after the wipe cause cannons price are very high and craft is hard for solo players.

i dont mind if in the future the market will be full of cannons crafted by players, i need now the possibility to put free bad cannons at least and get started instead of grind in basic cutter.

thoughts?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I like it the way it is, going into battle will need some thought and money to back you up.

but we have already no teleports and 1 dura on ships, all is harder; if we have at least free crap cannons it will make life easier for every1 especially for new players. its a SHAME that a basic cutter can mount this cannons and a crafted cutter cant...

• Like 1

Ships were designed and built for specific complement of guns. Everything is quite nice now that we did all the way testing and trial the ships since years ago. The time of the MG Santi with 6 pounders ( or the carrosanti battering ram ) is gladly in past :)

Game is not difficult. Is a good measured challenge and the "new players" thing is getting old. Really.

Think of it, everytime you buy a new game you are a new player and game needs to be learned. Some games are more challenging than others. Exanima versus Clicker Heroes for example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

Ships were designed and built for specific complement of guns. Everything is quite nice now that we did all the way testing and trial the ships since years ago. The time of the MG Santi with 6 pounders ( or the carrosanti battering ram ) is gladly in past :)

Game is not difficult. Is a good measured challenge and the "new players" thing is getting old. Really.

Think of it, everytime you buy a new game you are a new player and game needs to be learned. Some games are more challenging than others. Exanima versus Clicker Heroes for example.

Any game - no matter what it presumes to be - should be easy to get into and difficult to master. NA is easy to master but difficult to get into. I've got a longer list of things that should/could have been done before this "great" patch wipe. Apparently all that has been done is combat tweaking, crafting changes (like those btw) and that's about it. The econ is still as broken as before and if I wanted to I could be a millionaire tonight. Earned 200k last night and didn't even try that hard. That's easy for experienced players that knows the ropes of the game but any newbie is gonna be as shit out of luck as before - no wonder the player retention on this game is as low as it is.

The porpose build ship part is right but when you are able to let something empty, i bet its easy to put something smaller in there ...

For new player its not ok i tried to play like a new player and grind all i need and yes its doable but thats not the point. Point is almost no new player will grind like a idiot for a week to get something and then loose everything in his first PVP battle and grind again. Fact is when the new player dont have a absurde love for ships he will say hello kitty you game i play something else before i grind this .... So putting basic cannons on everything would help him to avoid doing the turning in circles for ever cutter matches forever ...

• Like 1

Basic Cutter has guns, crew and repairs at no cost no matter what.

Newcomer can lose guns, crew and use repairs in battle and in OW with no cost.

The issue at hand is to equip a advanced frigate with newcomer cannons. Hardly something even remotely to newcomer.

The basic 4lb'ers are rubbish they fly all over the shop, at anything like normal cannon range 1 or 2 out of 6 will hit the target, meanwhile all his shots hit, bye, bye cutter. You really have to get up close and personal to win, but I like that

7 minutes ago, BusterGut said:

The basic 4lb'ers are rubbish they fly all over the shop, at anything like normal cannon range 1 or 2 out of 6 will hit the target, meanwhile all his shots hit, bye, bye cutter. You really have to get up close and personal to win, but I like that

Stay away cut sails/mast when he has none position yourself close were he has no cannons and kill him at least against ships up to snows it should work (dont go with a cutter against a non trader snow btw)

Just now, Lonar said:

Stay away cut sails/mast when he has none position yourself close were he has no cannons and kill him at least against ships up to snows it should work (dont go with a cutter against a non trader snow btw)

What about the missions? |They aren't 6 gun snows. In fact a lot of them seem to have 6lb meds and marines for when you get 2 close.

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Basic Cutter has guns, crew and repairs at no cost no matter what.

Newcomer can lose guns, crew and use repairs in battle and in OW with no cost.

The issue at hand is to equip a advanced frigate with newcomer cannons. Hardly something even remotely to newcomer.

what's ur problem mate? why are u so upset versus this suggestion?... is simple and it will help PvP, diversity,and i dont see any way to exploit it.(basic 4pd meds cost 1 gold)

8 hours ago, Lonar said:

The porpose build ship part is right but when you are able to let something empty, i bet its easy to put something smaller in there ...

For new player its not ok i tried to play like a new player and grind all i need and yes its doable but thats not the point. Point is almost no new player will grind like a idiot for a week to get something and then loose everything in his first PVP battle and grind again. Fact is when the new player dont have a absurde love for ships he will say hello kitty you game i play something else before i grind this .... So putting basic cannons on everything would help him to avoid doing the turning in circles for ever cutter matches forever ...

And here you touch another subject. Newcomers will - for a long time - be forced to play the AI... Which we all know isn't a challenge for anyone. It goes around in circles unless u nudges your ship in the opposite direction now and again. And let us be honest - who here find cutter matches enjoyable? - why then would the newcomer? 

EDIT: Not that the AI is any better in larger ships mind you.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

And here you touch another subject. Newcomers will - for a long time - be forced to play the AI... Which we all know isn't a challenge for anyone. It goes around in circles unless u nudges your ship in the opposite direction now and again. And let us be honest - who here find cutter matches enjoyable? - why then would the newcomer? 

EDIT: Not that the AI is any better in larger ships mind you.

This would be a good opportunity to get new players into clans, this way we can support each other ;)