Game-Labs Forum

When to use forged paper

VirtuallyIdiotic

Question

I have two members of my clan that never did a switch from Great Britain to Dutch before wipe and are wanting to join us on the Dutch side. My question is, should they use the forged papers first before redeeming their ships or should they redeem their ships and move them to a free town then use forged papers?

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

It will delete their current XP and Craft XP, but if they still have their XP and Craft redeemables to use, those will not be deleted.

In short, they shouldn't redeem anything, then delete their character and change nations.  The redeemables will still be there to use.

If they HAVE redeemed their Craft or XP redeemables, then the Forged Papers is the only option for them to switch nation, in which case they'd want to sail any assets they have to a freetown prior to using the papers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Wasnt sure if that would delete all their experience points and crafting.

Just to let you know I tested this on PvE cause I plan to have all my chars with the same names I was using on testbed there....Sir Texas, Lil Texas and Big Texas to make it simple and I'm picking multi nations for them for "TRADE", but either way it works didn't loose anything and have new names and nations for each of them.

9 hours ago, Hodo said:

Dont redeem anything, grind 5k to abandon the starting outpost, then sail to a free port and use your forged papers.

If they haven't redeem them they can just delete there char and make a new one of the new nation.

Only use the papers if you have redeemed stuff and don't want to start over.

• Like 2

Have they used their XP and Crafting xp yet?  If not, they could trade ships and money to someone that can hold them then just delete the character and re create it in the right nation.  If they have used their XP notes, then they pretty much need to use the papers.