Game-Labs Forum

Telescope annoyance

So maybe its just me but I hate how when you look around with the telescope once you return to normal camera view it doesn't correspond to where you had been looking through the telescope and this can make it difficult to re-discover something you seen with the telescope.

• Like 3

When you press the [Shift] key you will enter and exit at that point. If you move the telescope around it won't follow. I found using the telescope in stages front, front left, etc around the boat is the only way to scan and keep track. In battle press the return key to hold the telescope view also...  

13 minutes ago, Hodo said:

My only annoyance is there is no reference for which way I am looking in relation to my boat.  

A option to snap spyglass back to heading ( on/off ) could be a way around it.

I use the water movement in relation to my spyglass position - 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

In OW I use the ship as a guide or am I missing something [Hodo] & [Duke]. My Ship facing full side to me... [shift], I turn left and right slightly. On return move round the ship to the next angle 45% off do the same. It returning you to the same stop keeps the reference. If you move the telescope too much it'll be way off like real life...  

The issue I have with the telescope is in PB. I go to the drone view and the reference is much more difficult to co ordinate... 

• Like 1