Game-Labs Forum

Pirates & Lineships after Wipe

Liq

Question

The question wheter or not Pirates will be able to sail and / or craft Lineships after the wipe (with their limited pirate shop aka admiralty shop) has never been answered anywhere officially, so I'm going to ask that here:

@admin

• Are Pirates, after the wipe, going to be able to capture and sail lineships?
  • Are Pirates, after the wipe, going to be able to craft lineships by using a Blueprint and Permit which were traded with a national player / captured off a national player?

thanks.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 6

We find it logical that national governments provide their nationals with blueprints and permits. While pirates, not having such governments have to use what they have and try to capture or acquire those resources by other means. 

But this is not of course final. We wanted to make pirate life to resemble pirate life more than before. Current changes bring us closer to that goal.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

They were not able to on the testbed last I checked.

Oh damn, say goodbye to Pirate population. On the other hand, it creates another Hardcore survival adventure with limited tools, where you still able to cap such ships in PvP and store them in Museum. Don't expect people sailing those much. Honestly, if I could I would take Rates from Pirate Crafting system and add 'Pirate' only ships that no one else can craft/sail, but them. Something similar to Pirate Frigate, but much more variety. ex. Pirate Refit Constitution with heavier guns, but worse base hull HP etc..Give them Epic names + Paint. It would be awesome, but what do I know I am just a humble Pirate. 

Capture from players - Yes

Capture From NPCs - No

Craft - I think so? I haven't heard anything about Pirates can't craft rates. 

Edited by Ned Low

3 hours ago, Ned Low said:

Craft - I think so? I haven't heard anything about Pirates can't craft rates. 

They were not able to on the testbed last I checked.

2 hours ago, Ned Low said:

Oh damn, say goodbye to Pirate population. On the other hand, it creates another Hardcore survival adventure with limited tools, where you still able to cap such ships in PvP and store them in Museum. Don't expect people sailing those much. Honestly, if I could I would take Rates from Pirate Crafting system and add 'Pirate' only ships that no one else can craft/sail, but them. Something similar to Pirate Frigate, but much more variety. ex. Pirate Refit Constitution with heavier guns, but worse base hull HP etc..Give them Epic names + Paint. It would be awesome, but what do I know I am just a humble Pirate. 

Yeah cause last I checked since Aggie, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st rates require permits and blueprints out of admiralty. Pirates last I saw can only get the pirate frigate from the admiralty so pirates are actually going to have to be pirates and capture ships if they want anything bigger. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

There is one way that pirates gets all the BPs and permits they need, capturing the ship with the permits and BP from a national alt. So at the end, they are only another nation.

Is it intended or a possible exploit?

That's the theory but we don't know if pirates are *allowed* to use that BP by the game mechanics, nor if pirates are able to build a lv3 shipyard, thats why I asked the admin.

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

They can. I have met someone in the testbed server that could do santisima, bucen and agamemnon as pirate.

Are you sure they crafted them?
Some ships were left over from before the BP-change patch / hotfix

Pirates should not be crafting heavy rated ships.  That's like modern Somalian pirates building aircraft carriers, and battleships. Ridiculous.  Let's make pirates a really cool hard mode thing like they should be.      

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Bountyhunter said:

Im ok with not crafting firsts we capped most of ours when we were pirate anyway.  Defo excited about Pirates Vs Pirates again though.

I have made my mind up....... Im going back to black!

You do know you get nothing in a Pirate vs Pirate fight right no rewards just the fun of the fight of the dickheadness of picking on some one solo in a group, we seen it happing folks camping newbes and lowbies and solo players and just killing them.

5 hours ago, Chustler said:

Pirates should not be crafting heavy rated ships.  That's like modern Somalian pirates building aircraft carriers, and battleships. Ridiculous.  Let's make pirates a really cool hard mode thing like they should be.      

That all fine if pirates aren't aparte of the Conquest RvR system than I'm all fine with that, but until they have there own mechanics and not treated as a nation they need to have the same ships as any of the other 7 nations.

Yes if you trader the BP and Permits to a pirate char they can learn it and use them.  We tested it as one of our clan mates can build first rates and most of the other SOL's.   So they basicly want us to buy them with our alts and trade them.

Though it would be nice to get an anwser why the pirates only get one 5th rate while all the 7 other Nations get 1 4th rate and all the SOL's so effectively they will have an advantage over the pirates in any of the main RvR Port Battles.  Now if they gave the Pirats the Heavy Rattler too I might not be so upset about this, but either way we should get an answer of somethign that keeps being asked.

Quote; You do know you get nothing in a Pirate vs Pirate fight right no rewards just the fun of the fight of the dickheadness of picking on some one solo in a group, we seen it happing folks camping newbes and lowbies and solo players and just killing them.

I dont think we used to get anything either? its more about the pirate mechanics, allows for pirates to operate freelance on a clan basis. Not sure what your point about newbies is?

Edited by Bountyhunter
speeling

1 hour ago, Bountyhunter said:

Quote; You do know you get nothing in a Pirate vs Pirate fight right no rewards just the fun of the fight of the dickheadness of picking on some one solo in a group, we seen it happing folks camping newbes and lowbies and solo players and just killing them.

I dont think we used to get anything either? its more about the pirate mechanics, allows for pirates to operate freelance on a clan basis. Not sure what your point about newbies is?

We had the same problem before that a bunch of folks will sit there and kill low level pirates and solo players instead of going out and hunting other Nationals and there was a group that did it on testbed a while back.  Though I expect the majority of us will be policing those type of guys, but your all ways going to have a few of them around that attack only low level guys and solo's cause they can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We had the same problem before that a bunch of folks will sit there and kill low level pirates and solo players instead of going out and hunting other Nationals and there was a group that did it on testbed a while back.  Though I expect the majority of us will be policing those type of guys, but your all ways going to have a few of them around that attack only low level guys and solo's cause they can.

Yeah it will be self policed, we generally had a rule that you dont attack other pirates but being able to do so will force coop between pirate clans. I still remember the uproar when i attacked another pirate on my first day :) i was like whats all the fuss about calm doon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Pirates can craft ships of the line if they get the hold of a blueprint and permits. Pirates can also sail whatever they can capture from players (or buy from players). 

How do they get blueprints and permits? Explain to public please. 

Edited by Ned Low

Just now, admin said:

Pirates can craft ships of the line if they get the hold of a blueprint and permits. Pirates can also sail whatever they can capture from players (or buy from players). 

So can the other 7 Nations, but why do they get all the BOP's and permits and pirates only get one 5th rate.  That is 8 ships vs 1?   That doesn't exactly sound fair.   Specially when all those ships are mainly used in RvR for Port battles of anything 4th rate or above.

Throw the Heavy Rattler in there on the pirate side and I bet you see the other Nationals have a fit cause we will have the advantage in shallow fights (which pirates prob should any way).   It would be a different story if there was like 5-6 pirate refits but we have one ship and it's not even special cause they can do the same thing and craft it, but it's dirt cheap PvP point wise to get the BP and permits.  

Again the question is why does pirates get one ship in there shop while the other 7 nations get 8 ships that are very key ships that will be needed for RvR and conquest?

3 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

Just a guess:
As global chat isn't going, im expecting the possibility to trade with each other across nations will stay
Or if that's not possible, you could technically cpature a national trader vessel carrying the BP / Permit

3 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Just a guess:
As global chat isn't going, im expecting the possibility to trade with each other across nations will stay
Or if that's not possible, you could technically cpature a national trader vessel carrying the BP / Permit

So, are they going to be loot drops from Players/Npcs?

Edited by Ned Low

4 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

Well the most common means is going to be, "USE AN ALT."  Though I think they expect us to beg and bribe some national to get them.  Since conquest marks are going to be hard to get unless your winning port battles it's not going to be to easy to get them when you can't easily craft the ships you need to get them.

2 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

So, are they going to be loot drops from Players/Npcs?

I was more thinking of the case where a national player was carrying the BP in his cargo.. so yea, alts will help ^^ Or just have a few good friends.

Actually let me change that throw the Rattlesnake Heavy and Santa Cecilia in the Pirate den shop with the Pirate Frigate and lets call it fair. Pirates are suppose to be the master of the 5th rates and below and Nationals I guess you can say 4th Rates and above.

Waits for all the Nationals to come storming in here having a fit when that is done....lol

57 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Actually let me change that throw the Rattlesnake Heavy and Santa Cecilia in the Pirate den shop with the Pirate Frigate and lets call it fair. Pirates are suppose to be the master of the 5th rates and below and Nationals I guess you can say 4th Rates and above.

Waits for all the Nationals to come storming in here having a fit when that is done....lol

I mentioned this before, Pirates need 'Pirate refits' ships that only Pirates can sail. Nationals if they kill a Pirate in a Refit, will be able to only send them to Admiralty for an exchange (cash, loot, special drops etc). 

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

Just now, Ned Low said:

I mentioned this before, Pirates need 'Pirate refits' ships that only Pirates can sail.

Which other than balance reason they don't even have to make new ships.  Just make refits of certain ships and use there same skin/models.   I'm really surprised we haven't seen the Santa Cecilia as the Hermione (not La Hermione) as the player version and the SC as the special reward with the special skin paint.  Things like this would give folks more content and some unique ships.   The other thing Pirate ships can be is just a refit that is pirate only.  By the looks at all these refits you pretty much just have to luck find the BP in a fight and than take a trader into those ports to get the goods to make them.  I can see having them known by that nation and only drop for others, but why do I have to get a drop for a pirate refit when I'm a pirate?

14 minutes ago, admin said:

We find it logical that national governments provide their nationals with blueprints and permits. While pirates, not having such governments have to use what they have and try to capture or acquire those resources by other means. 

But this is not of course final. We wanted to make pirate life to resemble pirate life more than before. Current changes bring us closer to that goal.  

1. Now they are not competitive vs other nations in RvR, which is a must for pirates as well.  Or not?

2. Have a roe rule that is seen as a penalty as well.

First steps for pirates to become pirates, but..  It is still a game, so what are the benefits?

23 minutes ago, admin said:

That fine, but what do we get in return?  NOTHING.  We have to work with the same RvR rules as every one else while limited.  We all ready can't have any one join our side in fights.  We can't have alliance (not a bigy cause no one else can currently).  We can kill each other, but we get no rewards from it.   I mean all I'm seeing is penalties over and over and nothing in return.  If you want pirates to be more like pirates than lets drop the national stuff.  Give us permanent ports as Pirate Havens (we can use the Free ports and teleport to them).   Give us false flags to fly under so you don't know if it's a friendly or a pirate until your pulled into a fight.  Give us capture any ship.   Nationals should not be able to capture ships, they all go back to the Admiralty....like you said the government gives the the permits so wouldn't they want the prize they are fighting for to?   I mean there is so much that can be done to make Pirates more Pirate like but it seems we are never going to see them.

Pirate refits should be pirate only, pirate ships.  Pirate Frigate is the only one vs 8 nationals ships should be a pirate only ship.  Any national caught in one should be flagged as pirate able to be attacked by any one.   See these are called trade offs.  You know you need to balance it if your going to take one thing away you need to have something in it's place to balance things.

And if you plan to some day do some pirate mechanic you need to let us know it's in the plans, but as we all have last heard from the Q&A early this year it seems you don't want to do that, you want to keep Pirates kinda sorta a nation with some outlaw elements to it.

• Like 3