Game-Labs Forum

Pirates & Lineships after Wipe

Liq

Question

The question wheter or not Pirates will be able to sail and / or craft Lineships after the wipe (with their limited pirate shop aka admiralty shop) has never been answered anywhere officially, so I'm going to ask that here:

@admin

• Are Pirates, after the wipe, going to be able to capture and sail lineships?
  • Are Pirates, after the wipe, going to be able to craft lineships by using a Blueprint and Permit which were traded with a national player / captured off a national player?

thanks.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 6

I think at one time you had the Rattlesnake figure head in the pirate shop.  That another way to balance things have certain items pirate only.   

I all ways thought it would be cool if we could take a ship we captured like say the Frigate and turn it in to get a refit.  Pirates would have several ships they could make rfits of that are Pirate only ships (yah I know kinda like POTBS did). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Then, I fail to see the logic behind being able to build level 3 shipyards by pirates.

Let me put an example of a shipyard level 3 made by a nation

Plano+Ferrol+antiguo.png

Could the pirates do the same?

No, Pirates need their own Pirates Heaven Shipyard that can produce everything they find + Refits. Keeping the same shipyard name for Pirates and Nationals is silly. They never were the same. 

Edited by Ned Low

Text with a mate about Pirates in Naval Action: made me laugh....another one led to the Pirate gallows......via the "Headless Parrot"

Mate: Hey Headless, How have you been brother? if you have a minute...... Thinking about downloading Naval Action since you said it was so much fun. You said you were playing as a Pirate right? Whats it like playing as a Pirate? Fun? - Easy/hard?

Headless Parrot: Hey  -------------, Good to hear from you................as a Pirate, you will be thrown into a world of turmoil and strife. The empty sea and a few gentleman Pirates will be your only friends...and most of the world will want you dead....including "The Man"...you may place whomever you wish into the roll of "The Man". :) You will scrape for resources and be burdened by law....but here's the thing.....You'll be Free to kill anyone you want and take whatever you need to survive. It will not be nice or easy..............but do it right.......and you'll become one of the most feared Captains in the world of Naval Action. You can actually do that mate.

Mate: Ok. That sounds WAY wicked dude. You think there will there be a lot of Pirates after the wipe?

Headless Parrot: Some will say Arrrgggg and set sail into the adventure, but there probably wont be a lot at the start. Most will take on different accents and shy away from the Arrgg side of life..  I get it, not everyone wants the difficult life of a Pirate. Some should stay near the fire at home. Only a few, the Black Flag legends will bring the fire wherever they sail. I choose to be a Pirate, a Pirate called "Headless Parrot"....(Dramatic music plays)...lol

Mate: Lol. Dang son. You know I gotta bring the fire. Going Pirate! Im downloading it now. Let you know once Im done. Arrgg....

Headless Parrot:  Ok. Holler at me. Later.

5. No recruitment costs.

6. Net income after discount of equal shares per crewman. ( e.g. reward of 100k share by 60 crewmen, captain takes its equal share )

7. Selling goods only at specific "smuggler's den" location port.

I dont feel like pirates need anything "in return", I remember pirates being the hard choice compared to other nations.

If you abosulely feel like you need to be able to craft SOLs to enjoy the game, then there are plenty of nations to choose from.

5 hours ago, admin said:

Pirates can craft ships of the line if they get the hold of a blueprint and permits. Pirates can also sail whatever they can capture from players (or buy from players). 

Can be easy exploited by alts being boarded...same with ships. Only more time consuming but no real limit. Totally disappointed

4 hours ago, Bountyhunter said:

None of them were asked to take part in port battles against 1st rates

And again if we are a nation that has to have 1st rate SOL Port Battles we need to have the same options as the other 7 nations.  Sorry 1 5th vs 7 SOL's and one 4th rates is not equal comparison.  You effectively took pirates out of 1/3 if not 2/3rds of the RvR.  That is why I said give Pirates the Rattlesnake Heavy.  Make them the king of the small ships and the Nationals can be the kinds of the SOL's.  They also need prob one more 4th/5th rate of there own refit style to match up for the 4th rate battles.  It's prob way easy for the devs to make a refit (use the same skins for t a ship) and just tweek the states a little.  Though a ship like the Santa Cecilia would be a great ship to add to the pirates ranks that can be rare for any one else to get there hands one it.   Remember the Pirate frigate is still part of the low end (more mid tier) 5th rates so it's not a complete match against all the other 4/5th rates.

2 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

1. Pirate able to teleport from Free Town to Free Town outpost, not from National to National outpost As long as we have conquest we still need the National ports telport unless we get perm ports to work out of.

2. Up to 5th rates can sail in a Free Town.  To be honest Free Towns should be locked to 4th rates only who is going to want some war nation to bring in there SOL's to a neutral port?

3. Pirate ships and refits to give them something special.  They can keep the same skins/models so folks don't know until a fight it's a pirate refit.  Maybe just make it a free perk for all pirates they get a slight state change to all 5th rates and below.

4. Maybe smugglers flag as well Perm flag effect that they have no matter what. I never take mine off my Pirates any way cause every one can attack you any way. Even better lock it to 6 rates and below that a pirate can sail into any port trader but if you want to use 4/5th rates you still need the smuggler flag (for the LVG and Indiaman)

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

5. No recruitment costs.

6. Net income after discount of equal shares per crewman. ( e.g. reward of 100k share by 60 crewmen, captain takes its equal share )

7. Selling goods only at specific "smuggler's den" location port. This can be most free towns or we can make a bunch of the ports around the map perm pirate Haven's and just remove them from conquest all together.

8.  Pirates are the only one that can capture SOL's (if they can't craft them).  If a National captures one it goes back to the admriality shop and they get paid for them as if they sunk the ship.

9. If a national is caught in a pirate refit ship they will be treated as a pirate.  Why would you be in a smuggler/pirate ship unless you where a pirate?

10.  Pirates still have raid system, but what it causes is a neutral agro on a port.  If a pirates do enough raids to that nation to get it into 100% agro it doubles the agro for any other nation to flip it into a port battle. That or it puts it into an unrest start that you can't produce anything in that regions for a set amount of days, but pirates can use what ever  port they want and wants it's off cool down it's subject to easier agro from any attacking nations.  This way other nations can higher them to be a distraction if they want.  Though either way a raid mechanic is needed.

1 hour ago, GreasyMnky said:

I dont feel like pirates need anything "in return", I remember pirates being the hard choice compared to other nations.

If you abosulely feel like you need to be able to craft SOLs to enjoy the game, then there are plenty of nations to choose from.

I bet you play national don't you?  No one is saying we want to craft them, what we are saying as long as we are part of RvR conquest system and have to fight in Line Ship port battles to we need the same options as other Nations cause we are suppose to be a Nation too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigor Mortiss said:

Can be easy exploited by alts being boarded...same with ships. Only more time consuming but no real limit. Totally disappointed

Are I can just give my PvP/Conquest to my alt and he can buy the permits/BP's for me.  Why would I abuse the system which is against the rules and attack my own alt when I can just trade them.  And yes you can cause we  have one clan mate with almost all the SOl's BP's.  He pretty much bought them with his National alt and put them on his pirate char for crafting.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I bet you play national don't you?  No one is saying we want to craft them, what we are saying as long as we are part of RvR conquest system and have to fight in Line Ship port battles to we need the same options as other Nations cause we are suppose to be a Nation too.

Just because you have an option to be part of RvR system does not mean that you have to be a part of RvR system.
Who said Pirates are suposed to be a Nation like others.
If you want to play as a nation than play as a national.

Personally i will probably roll pirate on one server after the wipe because of new changes.

41 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This can be most free towns or we can make a bunch of the ports around the map perm pirate Haven's and just remove them from conquest all together.

Free ports sure. Was imagining a oddball system like blackmarket of ED but with no fixed locations. Which could open access to any port as long as the "smuggler den" would be active at that time ( random rotation across all map ). Call it a wildcard.

Anyway we turning this Q&A into a discussion.

56 minutes ago, scepo said:

Just because you have an option to be part of RvR system does not mean that you have to be a part of RvR system.
Who said Pirates are suposed to be a Nation like others.
If you want to play as a nation than play as a national.

Personally i will probably roll pirate on one server after the wipe because of new changes.

Well for one the Devs have said it many many many times.  I take it you never been one ported and had every nation attack you at once?   Been through that many a times.  It's hard to stay in ships when you only have one port to work out of.  Yah the new regions makes it a bit easier, but still if we are to be treated as  a nation than we need to be treated like the rest.  If we are not to be treated as a nation than we need to have our own mechanics and be removed from the RvR conquest system.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Are I can just give my PvP/Conquest to my alt and he can buy the permits/BP's for me.  Why would I abuse the system which is against the rules and attack my own alt when I can just trade them.  And yes you can cause we  have one clan mate with almost all the SOl's BP's.  He pretty much bought them with his National alt and put them on his pirate char for crafting.

Well my point is: let pirates sail ships like they sailed in history. So no lineships just up to frigates and let them ride ports but not perma takeover...tbh there was SO MUCH said already about pirates in NA...hard mode

Edited by Bart Smith

8 hours ago, admin said:

We find it logical that national governments provide their nationals with blueprints and permits. While pirates, not having such governments have to use what they have and try to capture or acquire those resources by other means. 

But this is not of course final. We wanted to make pirate life to resemble pirate life more than before. Current changes bring us closer to that goal.  

But with that same mind set wouldn't that mean pirates can capture what ever ship (meaning AI and Player) they want since they don't have to listen to an A government that tells them they have to sink every ship they encounter?

I honestly don't think the issue is folks don't mind mind that we don't have them readily at hand to get, but the problem is why do they get 8 ships and the pirates only get one?  If the Aggy was included and maybe the Heavy Rattler as part of the pirates pool and the Nationals got the SOL's that would prob seem like a more fair trade off.  I keep through the Santa Cecilla in there (or a ship like it) to give them another 5th rate ship that is more special for the pirate style of hunting in 5th rates mainly.

I have no problem with pirates being kinda a hard mode cause pretty  much every one is at war with them, but there still needs to be some sort of balance between the factions.  If keep taking things away from pirates even if it's only restricted by say how they have to get the permits and BP's (through an alt or bribe a national) than it's not very well balanced.  Who in there right mind is going to give an enemy of there nation a rated ship BP or Permit unless it's through your alts?

And I would like to know is there a goal/plan to make pirates more pirate like.  Cause in the past the Q&A early this year you stated very clearly that you had no plan to anything other than maybe the pirate vs pirate stuff.  Would be nice if we got an update on this.

Do you plan to make pirates unique are will we all ways be a bastard of a nation with a bunch of penalties and nothing positive about playing a pirate?

6 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Well my point is: let pirates sail ships like they sailed in history. So no lineships just up to frigates and let them ride ports but not perma takeover...tbh there was SO MUCH said already about pirates in NA...hard mode

But that would mean there needs to be a pirate mechanic to support that and there isn't one right now.  I think the majority of us want that, but we don't went to have a half ass bastard system the kinda makes us still have to follow the  national rules and kinda don't.   Again it's called game balance.  Nothing wrong being in hard mode cause your limited on your production of ships or cause every one is at war with you, but there needs to be a system in place that backs and supports that like proper raids.  Proper ports that they can all ways use as save havens (free towns) etc etc.  Right now we don't have that, but we are getting restrictions over and over added to pirates.

I actually think this might be a good pirate mechanic. Pirates are not hard disabled from taking ports but are greatly disadvantaged by not having infrastructure to build a large number of sols. This adds diversity to the game. By your line of argument Sweden should get special ships because of their positional and numerical disadvantage.

You people bitch and cry about nerfing pirates in the effort to prioritize realism. If you want realism why aren't you pestering devs for dynamic weather and waves, opening and closing gun ports, cannon recoil, DECENT LOOKING CREW that ACTUALLY reload guns, now that is realism...

Biggest hypocrites...

• Like 1

Dear Captains,

Due to requests by players for more historical accuracy we are pleased to announce following changes.

Starting on Friday all historically inacurate nations, ships and fleets will be removed. They will be replaced with Team Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, Orange and Black. There will be no differences between the teams outside geographical location and number of preallocated ports. 

Thist will allow us to share the ships from different time periods and nations. The artificially imposed ROE and RVR will be more in line with the spirit of team game play.

There, all the problems fixed.

Edited by Comrade I Stalin
  • Like 1