Game-Labs Forum

Battle of Shiloh Day 2: There is no wasting time with this battle is there

My first attempt I ran out of time well before I got to the three objectives I needed to capture. For try number two I held the middle and flank fast on each side and managed to skirt most of the Rebel forces to take the points.

I had very little time to spare though. Is that normal for this battle? Are there other battles that require the same amount of speed?

The Battle of Shiloh Day 2

I'd say a lot of the major battles require a good deal of speed. On harder difficulties, seizing the best positions before your enemy is vital, especially on the CSA campaign (Stones River, Malvern Hill, Gaines Mill, Chickamauga).

If you're on a Union campaign, I'd say Fredericksburg is a good example of the speed and determination you need at Shiloh x10. The timer can be pretty unforgiving and the distance between Telegraph Hill and your army's starting positions is quite far and full of danger.

Shiloh isn't that hard as the Confederates as long as you push the Union brigades up towards the upper right corner on every phase. In the end, when the whole battlefield is open, you are pushing them towards the Landing and crush them there. Try to avoid getting any enemy brigades turning the other way, with the risk of getting them in your back later on.

15 hours ago, Jamesk2 said:

Really OP? You're creating independent threads for EVERY battle you fight? Group them into one threads for everyone else's sake, please.

I'm pretty new at this.  Done deal.  Can do.  I will make one last new thread and put all of my battles there then I will just update it for the remainder.  Is that proper etiquette?  Thanks for being frank.  Also thanks for all the tips on this battle guys.