Game-Labs Forum

a lil' help for beginners

The after-wipe version will be quite tough for beginners. Therefore, I would suggest to allow rank and craft XP transfer from PVE server to PVP server. Basically, the beginners having difficulties on PvP server can be advised to join PVE server, to learn the game mechanics and progress in rank to some extent. When a certain rank and craft level are reached (not too high, say 3rd rank and craft level 5 or 10), these are synchronized for all PvP server. The player then can join PvP server having some experience and a slightly higher rank. This could be a temporary solution, before proper tutorials and new guides are created.

• Like 6

And you can't do this around the protected waters of your capital?  You say only the first few ranks that isn't much and I would assume most capital waters will be very protected by most nations.  As for crafting levels that really shouldn't have anything to do with you main rank.  You can be crafting level 5 and a newbie or you can be a RA that just hates crafting.

Just help out the new players when they ask protect your capital waters. Most the times when I see new players get killed around this region it's cause known of the vets will come out and protect them.  Instead they prefer to go off some where else and ignore the problem.  Don't be that vet player.   Specially with how the new system is going to be there will be a lot more national players around that area from start.

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And you can't do this around the protected waters of your capital?  You say only the first few ranks that isn't much and I would assume most capital waters will be very protected by most nations.  As for crafting levels that really shouldn't have anything to do with you main rank.  You can be crafting level 5 and a newbie or you can be a RA that just hates crafting.

Just help out the new players when they ask protect your capital waters. Most the times when I see new players get killed around this region it's cause known of the vets will come out and protect them.  Instead they prefer to go off some where else and ignore the problem.  Don't be that vet player.   Specially with how the new system is going to be there will be a lot more national players around that area from start.

I know down south anyways, you wouldn't be able to do this around our capital. It's too large and the fleets that sail by are not noob friendly. Maybe 1/40 is. 

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I know down south anyways, you wouldn't be able to do this around our capital. It's too large and the fleets that sail by are not noob friendly. Maybe 1/40 is. 

That is why they get the 4 ranks of solo missions.  Cause capitals aren't shallow waters and won't have small ships or very many for them.  Those missions are only to help new players level up.

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

With coming changes, the home waters might indeed be safer, but capitals of most nations are far from being safe zones. All I propose is to offer a plan B for anyone having troubles on PVP server. Besides, this might encourage PVE players to adventure to PVP server.

Perhaps they could seed a few smuggler traders (TBrig/TSnow) of the home nation in capital areas. These automatically lock (well, except pirates, I expect) and are a good starting point for brand new players.