Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King of Crowns

CURE for the dreaded night flips

55 posts in this topic

this could be a really simple solution and it will work great with the current region system of ports. say a region has 4 ports. when the port battle is set for that port it will set a time for 4 battles scheduled 4 hours apart. so for example battle is set that means there would be a battle at say 10/2/6/10. the attacker must win 3 of the 4 battles to actually capture the region. the defender wins/hold their port if the end result of the four port battles is a tie.

This would create content galore. this would make tons of pvp. this would also allow more people than just the same 25 to fight in the port battles. there wont be many people who would be able to make it to all 4 battles in one day.  It would require a large commitment to take a port. it would take a whole nation. perhaps even a whole alliance (maybe not a good thing since we decided to get rid of alliances b/c we couldn't solve night flip issue). Also makes double flipping impossible.  ALSO means that nobody can say its not fair because it gives two morning battles and two evening battles. if you think four battles is to much then just make it 2 battles 12 hours apart. just think of all the content that can stay in the game now because we found a way to fix the night flips.(including all the talk about getting rid of regions.)

P.S please be sure that global server has NO/NONE/ZIP/ZERO time restrictions on port battle timers in the mean time. (ONLY MAINTIANANCE)

so ur welcome for solving the problem. I would like a pirate refit Santa Cecelia for my troubles and solving the unsolvable problem for the last 5 months. I don't think that I am asking to much. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:
 
 
 

this could be a really simple solution and it will work great with the current region system of ports. say a region has 4 ports. when the port battle is set for that port it will set a time for 4 battles scheduled 4 hours apart. so for example battle is set that means there would be a battle at say 10/2/6/10. the attacker must win 3 of the 4 battles to actually capture the region. the defender wins/hold their port if the end result of the four port battles is a tie.

This would create content galore. this would make tons of pvp. this would also allow more people than just the same 25 to fight in the port battles. there wont be many people who would be able to make it to all 4 battles in one day.  It would require a large commitment to take a port. it would take a whole nation. perhaps even a whole alliance (maybe not a good thing since we decided to get rid of alliances b/c we couldn't solve night flip issue). Also makes double flipping impossible.  ALSO means that nobody can say its not fair because it gives two morning battles and two evening battles. if you think four battles is to much then just make it 2 battles 12 hours apart. just think of all the content that can stay in the game now because we found a way to fix the night flips.(including all the talk about getting rid of regions.)

P.S please be sure that global server has NO/NONE/ZIP/ZERO time restrictions on port battle timers in the mean time. (ONLY MAINTIANANCE)

so ur welcome for solving the problem. I would like a pirate refit Santa Cecelia for my troubles and solving the unsolvable problem for the last 5 months. I don't think that I am asking to much. 

Overall I like the concept. However with this approach we would need to slow things down a bit. Looking at the current system you can attack 2 ports and be attacked a lot more then that. So with the current Alliance's (yes I know the change), the US attacks the Spanish, the Brits attack the Spanish, the Spanish attack the US, the Pirates attack the Brits. We are talking about 16 battles over a span of 20 some hours. I don't believe we'll have the player base to support that on 3 nations for a long time. 

If you slow things down a bit, ie, the battles for a regain take place over a 48 hour span with one PB every major time zone. 

 

For those that want port timers, let's look at expanding that. 

  • Set port timers to 4 or 6 hour limits. 
  • Require ports be split across all time slots. So if a nation owns 4 ports.  1 must have a timer of 00-06, 1 from 06-1200, 1 from 1200-1800 and 1 from 1800-0000.
  • Once a port is attacked, it has a 5 day cool down if defended and a 10 day cool down if won. Spread out the attacks to more ports and help encourage raids. 
  • Nation will have 72 hours to vote for port time to help prevent one player screwing over a nation. 
  • 1 hour notice to start of pb but flag it self is not required. So once the pb has been purchased, the defending nation gets a notice that the pb would start in one hour. No nation would be able to join during that hour. This means sinking one ship will not end the pb as well as giving defending nation notice and time to stage. 

Optional suggestions. 

  • PB timer doesn't start till minimum of 1 player from each nation joins or 1 hour. This will give the attacks time to adjust for the wins. Right now to many PBs are loses. 
  • Require players spend ameralty points to join PBs or be above a specific rank. This is to reduce noobs screwing with PBs. As well lock players from joining a pb for 72 hours if they leave a pb befor sinking. Or some other sort of punishment. 
  • PB groups. Like raids from wow. One giant group of players for PBs only. Could also lock out players not in a pb group. 

And my first round of suggestions. 

  1. At the character creation screen, call out nations with the lowest weekly average population. This is to encourage new players to balance the population. "requesting reinforcements" 
  2. Within the PBs, buff the nation with the lower total on line population. It doesn't have to be large but a small buff to the ships (rate of fire, speed)  or the cap rate. 
  3. Allow pirates to join PBs on either side after a time (15-20 minutes after the first players on both side joins) . This would effectively allow pirates to join any PB. 
  4. Change the political roe. 
  • Change to a 3 state system, allied, neutral, at war. 
  • Allied, can not attack each other, can lower hostility for allied nations and join allied nations PBs. Joining a PB for a allied nation would get you additional loot/cash. 
  • Natural, can be attacked or attack other neutral nations, can not create PBs against neutral nations, can join PBs for or against neutral nations as long as it does not violate allied or at war rules. Neutral nations can only join PBs after a set time (15-20 minutes after the first players on both side joins) to allow the defending / attacking nations priority. Joining a PB for a neutral nation would get you additional loot/cash. 
  • At war, can attack be attacked, raise hostility and create PBs, can only join against at war or neutral nations PBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume this is just trolling, but I'll answer anyway.

I've seen this exact proposal brought up multiple times before, and it's pretty obvious that it doesn't solve anything. All it does is further advantage larger alliances/nations, and further advantage nations/alliances with timezone coverage. This proposal means that nations with limited timezone coverage will have to fight 2 battles far out of their own timezone, both when they are attacking and when they are attacked, making port conquest unfeasible and pointless for half the nations on the map.

The night-flip issue will be solved with the splitting of the servers.

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I assume this is just trolling, but I'll answer anyway.

I've seen this exact proposal brought up multiple times before, and it's pretty obvious that it doesn't solve anything. All it does is further advantage larger alliances/nations, and further advantage nations/alliances with timezone coverage. This proposal means that nations with limited timezone coverage will have to fight 2 battles far out of their own timezone, both when they are attacking and when they are attacked, making port conquest unfeasible and pointless for half the nations on the map.

The night-flip issue will be solved with the splitting of the servers.

Hell I brought up this exact suggestion almost a year ago.   I am VERY sure others have brought this up before me.  

 

And this was the exact same problems we ran into with the suggestion before.  But I said it should be points based total.  The side that accumulates the MOST points over the 4 port battles will hold the port.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

I assume this is just trolling, but I'll answer anyway.

I've seen this exact proposal brought up multiple times before, and it's pretty obvious that it doesn't solve anything. All it does is further advantage larger alliances/nations, and further advantage nations/alliances with timezone coverage. This proposal means that nations with limited timezone coverage will have to fight 2 battles far out of their own timezone, both when they are attacking and when they are attacked, making port conquest unfeasible and pointless for half the nations on the map.

The night-flip issue will be solved with the splitting of the servers.

splitting the server is not going to solve the issue. the game barely has enough players for one server. much less 2. yes there will be 2 battles that wont be in their prime time but that is true of other nation as well. so if you want to take something u better be ready to stay up late one night. where as if your going to defend you just need 2 wins on the defense. defender wont have to worry about opposite time zone battles if they win during their primetimes.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Hell I brought up this exact suggestion almost a year ago.   I am VERY sure others have brought this up before me.  

 

And this was the exact same problems we ran into with the suggestion before.  But I said it should be points based total.  The side that accumulates the MOST points over the 4 port battles will hold the port.   

yea exact same problem. 1 side gets free points while the other side has to fight for their points

what a balance

serversplit is the solution. deal with it

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rediii said:

yea exact same problem. 1 side gets free points while the other side has to fight for their points

what a balance

serversplit is the solution. deal with it

we will see after the wipe if the server split is your solution. one of the two servers will be dead. either global or EU but one server will have a max population of 200 during the prime time and the other may have 500 if they are lucky. the game is pretty much unplayable with less than 300 people online.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rediii said:

yea exact same problem. 1 side gets free points while the other side has to fight for their points

what a balance

serversplit is the solution. deal with it

 in my post both sides will have 2 fights during their prime time. that is as fair as it gets.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

server splitting will kill the game.

And when they start with the Sea Trials, we probably dont have enough players for 1 server

I dont give a single crap about the whole port battles. My choice is to delete the whole port battles and put us all on 1 server

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rediii said:

yea exact same problem. 1 side gets free points while the other side has to fight for their points

what a balance

serversplit is the solution. deal with it

The thing is if you know you will be down in one timezone then you better pull well ahead in your primetime pb.   If not you dont deserve to hold that port period.

Sorry but fact is if you cant take a port in 4 PBs and have a points lead that is high enough to secure your victory weather you show up for the 4th one or not then you HONESTLY need to consider your chances at taking ANY port.   

This game should not be decided by some randoms who decide to push a port battle to when it is ONLY convenient for them.  I am on the US East Coast, and I hate fighting empty portbattles, but I am not going to call out of work to go fight because the EU kiddies want to have a Port Battle at noon my time.   Sorry but Real Life comes first.   But if there were 4 Port Battles at the times KoC stated and you have the EUs pretty much dominating the first two, well the third and fourth really make a difference.   If you dont have enough people in your nation to push the other timezones port battles well.... perhaps you should look at your nations demographic and find a way to fix it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes the other 2 battles will make a difference because the defender only hast to defend 2 times successfully. this means the attackers have to  win at least one port battle not in their time zone in order to capture the region

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The thing is if you know you will be down in one timezone then you better pull well ahead in your primetime pb.   If not you dont deserve to hold that port period.

Sorry but fact is if you cant take a port in 4 PBs and have a points lead that is high enough to secure your victory weather you show up for the 4th one or not then you HONESTLY need to consider your chances at taking ANY port.   

This game should not be decided by some randoms who decide to push a port battle to when it is ONLY convenient for them.  I am on the US East Coast, and I hate fighting empty portbattles, but I am not going to call out of work to go fight because the EU kiddies want to have a Port Battle at noon my time.   Sorry but Real Life comes first.   But if there were 4 Port Battles at the times KoC stated and you have the EUs pretty much dominating the first two, well the third and fourth really make a difference.   If you dont have enough people in your nation to push the other timezones port battles well.... perhaps you should look at your nations demographic and find a way to fix it.  

good thing ur on the east coast. west coast players cant even get into a port battle.

Edited by King of Crowns
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King of Crowns said:

good thing ur on the east coast. west coast players cant even get into a port battle.

Oh I know when I worked late days I was on a west coast almost Australian timezone, and I would never be on for a PB.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. :(

I thought this thread might be about that great 80s band, The Cure, My favourite's Lovecats,, though I've long had a soft spot for Friday I'm in Love after that time I ended up in hospital.

Night Flips? After the wipe I'm joining Global. Bring it on!

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hodo said:

The thing is if you know you will be down in one timezone then you better pull well ahead in your primetime pb.   If not you dont deserve to hold that port period.

Sorry but fact is if you cant take a port in 4 PBs and have a points lead that is high enough to secure your victory weather you show up for the 4th one or not then you HONESTLY need to consider your chances at taking ANY port.   

This game should not be decided by some randoms who decide to push a port battle to when it is ONLY convenient for them.  I am on the US East Coast, and I hate fighting empty portbattles, but I am not going to call out of work to go fight because the EU kiddies want to have a Port Battle at noon my time.   Sorry but Real Life comes first.   But if there were 4 Port Battles at the times KoC stated and you have the EUs pretty much dominating the first two, well the third and fourth really make a difference.   If you dont have enough people in your nation to push the other timezones port battles well.... perhaps you should look at your nations demographic and find a way to fix it.  

yea no need to, let the eu kiddies play without you, thanks

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordOfDope said:

server splitting will kill the game.

And when they start with the Sea Trials, we probably dont have enough players for 1 server

I dont give a single crap about the whole port battles. My choice is to delete the whole port battles and put us all on 1 server

yea because putting 2 playerbases which dont meet each other normally on 1 server helps.

 

stop crying guys.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anolytic said:

I assume this is just trolling, but I'll answer anyway.

I've seen this exact proposal brought up multiple times before, and it's pretty obvious that it doesn't solve anything. All it does is further advantage larger alliances/nations, and further advantage nations/alliances with timezone coverage. This proposal means that nations with limited timezone coverage will have to fight 2 battles far out of their own timezone, both when they are attacking and when they are attacked, making port conquest unfeasible and pointless for half the nations on the map.

The night-flip issue will be solved with the splitting of the servers.

Saves me the bother...

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

 in my post both sides will have 2 fights during their prime time. that is as fair as it gets.

Actually with two servers it gets a lot more fair for everyone.... Well except the aussies, but they live in the future anyway...

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rediii said:

yea because putting 2 playerbases which dont meet each other normally on 1 server helps.

 

stop crying guys.

lol Normally we meet each other everyday. Especially on weekends. You guys only think about the RvR side in this game and totally forget the other side.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rediii said:

yea because putting 2 playerbases which dont meet each other normally on 1 server helps.

 

There are more than "2 playerbases".  And I do see "HRE" tags on ships when I'm sailing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pada said:

lol Normally we meet each other everyday. Especially on weekends. You guys only think about the RvR side in this game and totally forget the other side.

because RvR is the biggest and with the most impact.

just live with it

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rediii said:

because RvR is the biggest and with the most impact.

just live with it

Yes now it is, because everybody else left the game. And yes I have to live with it, thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rediii said:

yea because putting 2 playerbases which dont meet each other normally on 1 server helps.

 

stop crying guys.

maybe you dont meet eachother in the crappy PB's, but like i said i dont give a shit about pb. I hunt on the OW and i have find people from every timezone on the OW and splitting the servers in 2 will make it more quieter on all times on the server. And because it will be more silent on the sea, even more people will quit. So we have then 2 semi dead servers instead of 1 healty server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, rediii said:

because RvR is the biggest and with the most impact.

just live with it

maybe im in the minority with not doing RvR but Im pretty sure there are a lot of other people who prefer fighting on OW and find it more fun and interesting then the RvR

 

edit: I can live really good whit it, I will capture your ships when you trying to reach a pb

Edited by LordOfDope
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Remus said:

Oh. :(

I thought this thread might be about that great 80s band, The Cure, My favourite's Lovecats,, though I've long had a soft spot for Friday I'm in Love after that time I ended up in hospital.

Night Flips? After the wipe I'm joining Global. Bring it on!

 

Well EU Server will have limited port battle slots so there won't be any night flips per say there.  Global Server is just that Global.  So in  trueth there is no such thing as night flips.  I'm sorry if your not one than others might be.  We have players from all over the world.  If the AU/SEA guys take a region from you while you are at work or asleep, Than the EU guys can take it back when they want to.  If the US guys aren't happy with that they can take it when they want to.  In real world we don't stop and ask when your having your noon tea or praying to your god so we don't attack during that time.  We don't only attack during the day time.  We attack when it gives us the best advantage.  Any nation that keep to gentleman rules learned real fast that doesn't work in real war. If you loose a region in your clan/nation prime player base time, than just flip it back duiring yours.  Remember you dont' have to have 25 vs 25 every freaking port battle.  If only 15 vs 15 shows up cause it's not prime time than that is still a good fight.  Though it would be way better if we had raid options that are actually 12 vs 12 daily fights (not over the whole region control but just a port).  The problem is when you refuse to fight in prime time and only flips off times, but even than you should be able to out flip a smaller nation during your prime time any way.

To be honest I would love to see lord protectors to return.  Yah I know folks hate it, but some of us like it, but instead make it a clan base thing. My flan pulls a flag or flips a port and have the most agro we pick the slot we prefer to battle at and that region is controlled by my clan for my nation.  It's our duty to protect it during our prime time.  That is the only way your going to stop off time flips.

Small nations want to beat a big nation?  Hit them at the same time and they will run out of players to show up for the battles. If that large nation is loosing 2 ports for every one they keep they will soon not be a large nation.  It's war, think out side the box.   And remember there is no such thing as a fair fight.  You want to win, you fight smart and dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0