admin

Hotfix 9 for testbed patch 9.99

375 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ink said:

Floating battery is about hp, not thickness

Yah I was going to say I bet that is HP for the Armor.  Cause any time it says something about the thickness it says thickness.  Remember we have Armor HP, Structure HP and than Thickness.

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Floating battery is about hp, not thickness

1 hour ago, rediii said:

thanks. :) 

Indeed.

10 hours ago, Farrago said:

So crafting all long cannons still requires coal as does cannonades 32lb and larger plus the mortars. Iron ingots use charcoal while the precious metal coins require coal.

Confirmed?

17 hours ago, Remus said:

Just completed a Midshipman mission Basic Cutter v Rattlesnake by luring it towards forts. The forts did their job :)

Good news, must have been a bug, I did an F11 report on it anyway.

Buster (Hopes to be fortified)

1 hour ago, victor said:

Confirmed?

Well, what @Farrago wrote is what id on Testbed at the moment. Whether this is what will go Live is anyone's guess.

Just to complete the set, silver and gold ingots also use charcoal. Gunsmiths making muskets somehow manage to refine iron ore using gunpowder, blacksmiths forge iron fittings using their bare hands and crews (and captains) have to eat salt fish raw as ships' cooks are allowed neither coal nor charcoal for cooking.

14 minutes ago, Remus said:

crews (and captains) have to eat salt fish raw as ships' cooks are allowed neither coal nor charcoal for cooking.

My crew happens to like sushi.

2 people like this

PB crash on the testbed when you destroy a fort.

We mortared and shot a fort at Ponce and as soon as it died the PB instance crashed, and everybody inside was back in OW.

F11 report made in-game.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Remus said:

Well, what @Farrago wrote is what id on Testbed at the moment. Whether this is what will go Live is anyone's guess.

Just to complete the set, silver and gold ingots also use charcoal. Gunsmiths making muskets somehow manage to refine iron ore using gunpowder, blacksmiths forge iron fittings using their bare hands and crews (and captains) have to eat salt fish raw as ships' cooks are allowed neither coal nor charcoal for cooking.

thks

I haven't yet had a refit BP drop, but I'm curious which ships they drop from. The ones which players have shared all seem to be nation-specific, using rare trade goods very limited in their availability and many obviously identified with a particular nation, even if the country does not appear in the name, such as Royal Naval College Graduates being British.

My question is, do refit BPs drop from ships of the nation associated with the refit? This makes sense in one way, but then makes it next to impossible for British players, for instance, to get hold of Brititsh refit blueprints, which seems a little daft. @Tiedemann.'s Crooked Hull he posted earlier is a British refit but Tiedmann's a Dane; I don't know what ship it dropped from.

A Dutch player has just posted 'False Keel Blueprint' in chat. obtained from a Spanish ship near Caracas but which uses 125 Bermuda Cedar (British, and about as far from Caracas as it is possible to get), so this suggests drops aren't from the appropriate nation's ships, but I'd like to know more.

For info, False Keel Blueprint needs 10 wooden fittings as well as 125 Bermuda cedar and the stats are: mast physics jib sail force bonus 0.1 - ship max speed -3%  -   mast physics main sail foce bonus -0.1. I must say it looks rubbish to me. Improved turning off the wind for reduced acceleration and speed, if I understand it correctly.

8 minutes ago, Remus said:

For info, False Keel Blueprint needs 10 wooden fittings as well as 125 Bermuda cedar and the stats are: mast physics jib sail force bonus 0.1 - ship max speed -3%  -   mast physics main sail foce bonus -0.1. I must say it looks rubbish to me. Improved turning off the wind for reduced acceleration and speed, if I understand it correctly.

Jib force is a big deal if you do a lot of closed haul sailing in a square rigged ship.   Captains like me who like to maintain the wind advantage will often turn through the wind to stay upwind,  and a good jib sail bonus helps with that.  It also helps with turning speed when using the sails.  

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Remus said:

I haven't yet had a refit BP drop, but I'm curious which ships they drop from. The ones which players have shared all seem to be nation-specific, using rare trade goods very limited in their availability and many obviously identified with a particular nation, even if the country does not appear in the name, such as Royal Naval College Graduates being British.

My question is, do refit BPs drop from ships of the nation associated with the refit? This makes sense in one way, but then makes it next to impossible for British players, for instance, to get hold of Brititsh refit blueprints, which seems a little daft. @Tiedemann.'s Crooked Hull he posted earlier is a British refit but Tiedmann's a Dane; I don't know what ship it dropped from.

A Dutch player has just posted 'False Keel Blueprint' in chat. obtained from a Spanish ship near Caracas but which uses 125 Bermuda Cedar (British, and about as far from Caracas as it is possible to get), so this suggests drops aren't from the appropriate nation's ships, but I'd like to know more.

Yah I was wondering about this also cause than what is the point of owning regions now?  All they have to do is go in with a snuggler flag and buy those goods.  And shouldn't the nation that the refit is from be auto learned by that nation? I mean pirates should auto know the pirate refits.  British the british ones, french the french ones and so on.  Though with the drops it seems only folks that sink pirate ships will get the pirate refit not the pirates that should have it any way and so one for each nation?  I have yet to get a drop myself.  Been having issues finding ships to be honest in some of the regions.  Not every trying to get hostility, but I see mostly trade ships in a lot of regions.  I'm starting to think some regions are seeded very light compared to others, but the problem is I have to stay close to a freindly port to do repairs cause no one has repairs on the server.  Can we have some seeeded with us when the game goes live so we aren't all cuddle around the capital grinding the few ships there cause we have to pop into port ever freaking time to repair?  I haven't even found enough to repair my Aggy or Connie in battle yet other than maybe once depending which ship I'm in.  Now over in the shallows on my Pirate I been in a basic cutter with two mercs and I found hardly any on it too, but than I'm having issues with ships sinking faster than I can get to them and check the cargo.  Feels like the sink speed was boosted or I'm just having some bad luck.  Can't keep the cutter close to the fight cause any of the 6th rates we been fighting decimate me in a broad side or two.

I created a new character in testbed today. Before the testbed wipe I had xp for read admiral level and craft level 50 just like in all live servers.

After creating new character I think I had 7 redeemables. Four ships, 5 million gold and xp. Unfortunately I did not check my redeemables before redeeming, so I'm not sure whether there was a redeemable for crafting xp, but my crafting xp is now 0. I don't know what happened.

If there was a craft xp redeemable, either I managed to delete it or it did not work. Or I did not have any craft xp redeemable at all, although I think there should have been one. 

I reported this anyway, because there is potential for a bug. It would not be nice to loose your xp or crafting xp when the live servers are wiped.

Edit: What is the correct way to create a new character after the wipe if you want to change nation?

Edited by Blackbrook

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm having issues with ships sinking faster than I can get to them and check the cargo.  Feels like the sink speed was boosted or I'm just having some bad luck.

Totally agree and I reckon the distance is too close. It's boarding distance, right? But at the end of a battle I don't need to grapple - I could send a boat over.

I took the loot of an Bellona I was fighting in my Trinc by stern camping and raking to destroy guns and men, get the enemy ship crew  less than yours and it wont pull you to board.  Late in the battle repair your armour and then stay on the enemy ship's side with the fewest guns, match seed and pound it till it sinks, manual sail and depower so that when it finally sinks you can full reverse sail to stop and immediately loot the wreck.  This tactic has worked for me about 80% of the time.

Miss my Essex but I am going to just concentrate on fighting until wipe on live servers lands.

I found my manhours count to 1000 this evening. I'm XPcraft 50, it should have been to more...

Is 1000 craft hours the new limit, whatever the craft level ?

43 minutes ago, Remus said:

Totally agree and I reckon the distance is too close. It's boarding distance, right? But at the end of a battle I don't need to grapple - I could send a boat over.

Yah but since I'm in a basic cutter and we are fighting bigger ships.  Navy Brig, Rattler, Mercury's I'm keeping my distance and just doing enough damage to get an assist and not et sunk, but by time it starts to sink I have to rush over and try to get the cargo.  Some times it just sinks way to fast.  Figure I'll unlock it while I'm being board, but that is even if I can get any of these drops in shallows.  I'm trying to hunt around the brits waters since I get free repairs with the basic cutter.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Atreides said:

I took the loot of an Bellona I was fighting in my Trinc by stern camping and raking to destroy guns and men, get the enemy ship crew  less than yours and it wont pull you to board.  Late in the battle repair your armour and then stay on the enemy ship's side with the fewest guns, match seed and pound it till it sinks, manual sail and depower so that when it finally sinks you can full reverse sail to stop and immediately loot the wreck.  This tactic has worked for me about 80% of the time.

Miss my Essex but I am going to just concentrate on fighting until wipe on live servers lands.

A little hard when your in a basic cutter, every thing has more crew than you, specialy after that first broad side drops yo to 30 something crew.

4 minutes ago, Eléazar de Damas said:

I found my manhours count to 1000 this evening. I'm XPcraft 50, it should have been to more...

Is 1000 craft hours the new limit, whatever the craft level ?

I'm currently 1120 at level 50. 1000 is the level 0 limit.

It increases at 42 per hour, more or less (I haven't done a proper check this patch, but it clearly hasn't changed much if at all).

1 person likes this

Midshipman Missions looks a bit over the Top, if he sails alone as a new player and and get mixed up with 2 Enemys.Like Privateers and Cutters or Pickles.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Remus said:

I'm currently 1120 at level 50. 1000 is the level 0 limit.

It increases at 42 per hour, more or less (I haven't done a proper check this patch, but it clearly hasn't changed much if at all).

Thanks! I probably used my MH just 23 hours and 49 min after having logged in after the last wipe...

2 hours ago, Remus said:

We where in a Spanish region and looking for spanish fleets outside Ponce . The issue is that we got bored some times, so we attacked at least two British fleets while waiting for reports on spanish fleets in the region. So I can't really say for sure, but it dropped for two of us. So I'm sure it dropped from a spanish fleet at least once.

So I'm confident it is random drop as usual. I remember that I got the Copper plating Permanent upgrade from a British ship. I also got expert carpenter (5%) and rum rations (10% reload), but they would not stick to the upgrade slot on any of my ships. So suspect it' was just old stuff resurfacing.. Then I accidentally tried the copper plating on the Victory perm slots after all the others refused to stay put, and that one stuck! 6% speed bonus on a Vic.. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A little hard when your in a basic cutter, every thing has more crew than you, specialy after that first broad side drops yo to 30 something crew.

Started my alt account and only redeemed money, did the same tactic against a lone Spanish brig I found in OW.   Was pretty dicey for awhile and took 45 minutes but won the battle and got an Old Flag Officer and some rig repairs out of it.  Had to sail back in to buy crew.  Just starting out for new players is going to be brutal, evenworse than it was for us in the past IMHO. 

Edited by Atreides

I'm still seeing AI ships sail through sandbars and sometimes full islands. Reporting them as often as I see them.

Overall, the new way bots move around the world is really good (other than going in the sandbars). It looks a lot more organic, nice work. =)

Boarded a NPC Trader Snow last night, and it had NOTHING on it.  This was a first for me.