Game-Labs Forum

Dear Captains.

Especially Captains who spent more than 100 hours in game.

Can you be so kind and share your magic moments in Naval Action. Moments that made you stay in the game. Moments that bring you back every day or every week. Moments that make your evenings exciting in our game. Moments that made you say wow. Especially if you played more than 1000 hours. PVE or PVP does not matter.

We were so focused on fixing problems that we forgot to focus on magic moments. 

Information you share here will help us create more magic moments like that or maybe refocus advertising around them to point players to reach those beautiful and exciting things faster.

ps. please post your old magic moments if you recently became a hater :)

• Like 23

What made me say wow was seeing the Santa Cecilia in action for the first time. It's such a gorgeous ship and extremely well adopted to the game.

D4F4B833F51B8931DE7956EB6053ECAC63B8886F

In general I have to say, all the ships are looking stunningly awesome (Well, except one..hehe). It may take a lot of time to get them added to the game, but it's surely worth it.

Other WOW moments are when you are outnumbered in a small battle, but somehow still manage to win against the odds. Those are the moments I play for.

Oh and then of course random stuff like that.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

What made me say wow was seeing the Santa Cecilia in action for the first time. It's such a gorgeous ship and extremely well adopted to the game.

Hide contents

general I have to say, all the ships are looking stunningly awesome (Well, except one..hehe). It may take a lot of time to get them added to the game, but it's surely worth it.

what about earlier times when you were just starting?

- My first and every landfall as coordinates didn't exist.

- As a friend told me by landmarks where he was and we finally met.(no coordinates)

- as I finally reached 1000k gold

- a won boarding as all seemed lost

- everytime I fought a fight I couldn't win but in that I manged to successfully retreat in the end.

- the fist storm battle

- fog in battle. (Enemy ship managed to vanish into the fog so I thought I lost him but suddenly the weather cleared and we both continued fighting.

- night battles everytime an awesome experience. (I would wish that instance weather is determined by the OW weather as the pull has happened and would stay till the instance is finished. And not the hole weather, day and night circle like it is now)

And a vid full of magic moments:

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

Community, companionship, teamwork and the clan. Not the toxic community in the forums, but the nation, the clan and in fact in general the global chat..

EDIT: One "magical" moment :) I managed to cap 3 L'Oceans at the Bermuda fight before the great wipe was announced.... And I just managed to think "well... we're loosing but atleast I'll get something out of it".. and then I capsized because of the AI keept ramming me up against the coastline..

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, admin said:

what about earlier times when you were just starting?

When I first started the game, My goal (probably everyone's) was to level up as fast as possible to get to the biggest ship.
The first time I sailed by an npc 3rd rate fleet, I almost shit my pants. I had just captured my first snow, which I thought was already an immense upgrade to the cutter, but that 3rd rate just seemed like a carrier.
A good while later, the first Victory on the server (was playing on pvp2 by then) was crafted. Everyone came to have a look at it, because we had never seen one before ingame. It was massive. (Only to then a few days later to get captured by a group of pirates lol).
However now they are quite common ingame. I think testing them to cost conquest marks to produce might be a good way to get that "WOW" feeling back, at least for the new players.

• Like 9

As a French, i won't be very original, but for me, magic moments are playing against the Brits, solo hunting or good conquest battles are always magic moments, i'll show you some : 

Magic Moment : Solo Hunting at 5am
Capturing a Surprise and a Santisima in a Renommee.
1470538213-311310-20160807044839-1.png

Magic Moment : Brawling against Brits to defend Aves
One of the best battle so far.

1471035281-311310-20160812225333-1.png

BONUS - Magic Moment : Trolling the Brits at KPR with some art on the water
Watch at your own risks, it contains strong words.

20170323182447_1.thumb.jpg.9e50e3a5222c78deeb1c6795c70e128b.jpg

Edited by Major General La Fayette
  • Like 6

The portbattle of Caracas.

It was a first rate PB and it was almost a mutinery aboard with allies into the battle that were not really happy to follow french orders as our tactics are not the same than the ones our allies use.

French captain follow perfectly orders and the ones that didn't want to follow were let alone wich the choiche to sunk or follow orders. After have shown a bit autority everyone follow the orders. After 20 min sailing close hall in direction in open sea and after have left the B Circle, french fleet, now with the wind turn back into the wind and charge british fleet. On first cross, french manage to split 3 brits and board sukn them. Both fleet turn and face again for the same result.

Brits fleet flee, french win without loose. Last time allies were whinning in PB.

A different result would have had different conclusion but it stop any attemps to mutinery for all the others pb

15v25 in front of KPR

french lost one basic cutter, british fleet destroy.

Moving from Fort royal to basseterre with warhouse

More than 16 indiman saling together to move our warhouse in multiple move. Magic to see a so good corddination and spirit

Edited by PIerrick de Badas
  • Like 3

Every big port battle, but a couple of them are more noteworthy than others:

I got stuck in the enemy line and died in the first 10 minutes of the fight, loosing my first ever Santisima. Still one of the most magic fights I've been in.

Same with finally capturing Aves after a couple of tries, and every fight up at Bermuda despite the outcome.

Other than that I second @z4ys on finding land before we had GPS on the map.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 4

Mantua´s defense agaist Great Britain in March 2016, in fact, every PB before summer 2016 was awesome.

I´d also like to mention Barranquilla´s Comando Attack which was really unexpected and surprised our enemies. We also had lots of succesful  defensive port battles in that port. It was extemely funny.

Edited by Pablo Frias
  • Like 3

Good thread!

On starting it was superb graphics especially the water, the ship details, the skies and the epic nature of it all. 

I love the port battles the first 45 secs of this video of a battle sums it up. Damn epic and I was in it what gameplay graphics this game has.. damn.. how could you not come back for more!

Buster (trouser change please!) 

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1

Magic moments от Балтийского Флота. Или что возвращало меня на протяжении 2к часов:

1) "Рейты не тащат":

large.20170305235148_1.jpg.9806a607e2c2f59a33751aec20a30fac.jpg

2) "Фрегаты имбы"

3) Унижать Датских торгашей
large.20170316221053_1.jpg.309dc10c82d47449956a7df8e6ff7688.jpg

4) Ну и самое главное, это времяпровождение в любимой игре, в хорошей компании!)

Надеюсь в скорое возрождение Naval Action :D

• Like 3

On PvE I was scouting for EPICs and got one RA EPIC just north of the shallows above Pedro Cay.  

I sent a message to DM [ELITE]s clan leader warning him enter from the North etc. With that I logged out and left.  

The next day I was bombarded with abuse and a screen shot I can't find. Full 12 players went in with Vic's and Santi's. Unfortunately the exit of an EPIC was sum what random and not where you entered. The screen shot showed 12 SoLs stone cold dead in the shallows. A tricky fight earlier had meant a lot of them had also used their teleport...  

we live an learn... 

Before coordinates (please remove coordinates and put in something with a close approx. where we be) getting lost with Captain Pringleton in charge of nav 1) from Jamica to Santa Marta, 2) heading to Mist and ending up in Portillo, 3) Sailing with a full load of goods to Bridgetown and ending up in Saint George and the list goes on and on and on and on and on.  Even now with coordinates he navigates without them and we still get lost.

great stuff!

Edited by TsaVolrae
  • Like 5

My first magic moments happened back when we didn't have a GPS on the map.

1) When you first sight land on your first deep sea voyage (ie traveling by dead reckoning out of sight of land and hoping you got it right!)

2) I got lost in a particularly bad storm around the southern Antilles; during the storm I ran into an island and the visibility was so low I decided it best to drop sails and ride out the storm next to it rather than blundering on and getting hopelessly lost.

Edited by CatSwift
  • Like 5

At the beginning, when I just started, the wow moments were usually seeing the bigger ships for the first time and how rare they felt or the success of sailing from point A to B with only estimates from map and compass and nailing the islands I was aiming for.

My favorite moments were definitly when sailing in a small group of ships a class or two smaller than the enemy ships and still managing to sink and capture them all, these types of fights are still the ones i chase and I try to recreate.

Edited by GreasyMnky
typo
  • Like 1

The Sea. It's big, really big, however big you think it is, it's bigger. Man, you can't beat the feeling of steering half way across the Caribbean and hitting your home port spot on and without a single course correction!

Unless......

It's the time when I first went to sea in my starter ship, the basic cutter and attacked (foolishly) another player in a bigger ship, a Brig. I had no idea what I was doing and was royally beaten but ... rather than laughing at me the player complimented me on a well fought battle and gave me some great tips on how to do better next time. A true gentleman and he got me hooked on the game.

Or.....

The feeling of delight as I took command of a well built and equipped Surprise. Boy was she good, fast, turned on a sixpence and had a vicious bite. No wonder Jack Aubrey loved her!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, WinterPatriot said:

For me, it was sailing from land to land, or getting lost and figuring out where I was at.  I loved exploring the OW with a map of the Caribbean.  GPS kinda... sterilized that.

Yeah, I'm with you on that!

Interesting how a lot of us old timers feel the same about this.

Edited by NavalActionPlayer
  • Like 5

From early evening to next morning, continuous OW PvP at Jamaica.  Lot of fun and good memories from these battles.  One of the best parts of OW PvP is that you always get a different kind of battle, different odds, different ships, different scenario.

I remember large groups of small ships when everyone was leveling, groups forming to go grind the OW fleets, then running into another group from another nation and having a huge impromptu fleet fight.

It was chaotic, it was unoptimal, but it was wild and fun.

• Like 4