Game-Labs Forum

8 hours ago, Éric said:

Lots of magicz )

• One of the first super fleet large scale battles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviTteur-nA&t=3s&index=64&list=PLLMXPAq3a7KCYxD-atAf1nu3KTUiLvqOp

• The Cutter tourney (when tracking shot was found to be OP):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjUh1My-kBM&index=54&list=PLLMXPAq3a7KCYxD-atAf1nu3KTUiLvqOp

• Sea Trials in a light storm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuZot1zW2cs&index=6&list=PLLMXPAq3a7KAUseicD-Td288-HOLPSAD1

• Pop of the OW, planning the third try to reach Old Providence:

dpHHu8T.jpg

• Logbook:

EVfe76g.jpg

• The actual travel - never found Old Providence, but eventually reached La Tortue:

QBsDdb4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Q97mRTBHw

• Pop of the map, Provindence !

1xscre11.jpg

• Launch of the EA, the first evening with the Frenchies where we talk food and NA for 5 hours )

• After cooking some munitions, we launch a campaign against our cheese neighbours, we take Scarborough with 4 flags. Best war ever !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V78LFZti-9k&list=PLLMXPAq3a7KAUseicD-Td288-HOLPSAD1&index=4

• The Danish diplomacy at the Black Friday negociations: "not negociable !"

• The Conseil Stratégique:

rKWgVUV.png

• The end of the Tour de France, forcing a blocus of 30 brits at Jagua Bay with a few screeners and a full yellow T Lynx to place the last flag at 15sec.

• The mass brawls in shallow PBs that feel like naval pogos, and at the end 3 sinking ships remain and we ask: "was that magic ?"

so do you think the island/port hopping strategy is better than unlimited region capture? (where you can sail anywhere and capture anything?) 
also do you think ability to capture all ports was better than capturing regions?

For me the best moments were to be afraid to lose in the sea (without map).

And discover and mapping the whole Caribean by myself and share my discoveries with others. First with a map made by hand and then with a detailed map.

• Like 3

Another one was the sight of my first bottle wreck. It was kind of sad and dreading, the poor thing with shredded sails, bobbing about in the seas...just imagining ending up like it because situational awareness fails..."shudder

I love this game! Besides Eve Online, is the only one that deserves my precious free time. So take your time with the wipe as it should be done right! Been playing it for 1300 hrs and I don t regret any of them. Keep up the good work.

1.thumb.jpg.7769460d29ec08250495883f90b949b1.jpg

Not my best moment!

2.thumb.jpg.4e4e5c8b3cc41d926c4b0f4fcd538885.jpg

Running away from a freaking quick assembled fleet with a brand new captured Buce. I miss the Spanish guys, hope to fight them soon.

3.thumb.jpg.ec30aed8519771cd401a73a04864d9df.jpg

Helping the British with a Port Battle. Good times, awesome fights almost every nights

Edited by Scattered
  • Like 1

2hz5ld5.jpg

Sailing around pirate homewaters in extremely thick fog and heavy chop with a large PB fleet, not knowing what was going to happen or where the enemy was at, just eagier to find any kind of fight just for the sake of it. Caught during the Sweden - Pirate war.

And while I don't have any screenshots of it because of formatting the PC some time ago, the old proper line battles were incredibly cool to take part of, 25 folks sailing neck-and-neck trying close the gaps, not lose bowsprits and focus on targets - it was awesome to fight as a unit instead of as an individual ship/chaotic brawl.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, admin said:

so do you think the island/port hopping strategy is better than unlimited region capture? (where you can sail anywhere and capture anything?) 
also do you think ability to capture all ports was better than capturing regions?

I think I miss the single port capture. Multiple ports might be ok if there was a separate battle for each with a cool down in between pbs(maybe a good way to stab at the timezone issue). I definitely like only being able to capture ports within striking distance of a national port. It goes hand in hand with no tp to/from freetown.

• Like 2

Magic moments in Naval Action ....
Play with my friends in fleet, run the seas in search of a battle in enemy territory, escape the enemy when we are inferior, but above all, and I apologize for this, provoke anger to the enemy! 
It's just a game, they're just pixels :-)
Naval Action can be the best game I have ever played, developers please finish it sooner, because for playing we need many online players (sadly there are too few now!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

Conquest needs to be done by taking regions (as they are now).
Regions are taken by fighting in each region's port. Until all ports of the region are taken it should not be captured.
Thus slows the conquest, yet allows players to have the dynamic of multiple PB's

• Like 5

Over 800 hours, many incredible  moments. 

From before I bought the game, watching a sea trials video, there was a storm.  What really took my breath away was the beauty of the ships in the distance, riding the waves.

When first playing a battle at dusk, and seeing the sails light up from the muzzles flashing, and the incredible sound design, a rolling broadside from a distance.

Another great magical moment, being somewhat lost between Cuba and Jamaica in really foggy dirty weather, and seeing St. Ann rise out of the mist.  We ported in at the last second before the server went down.  Haha!

Ahhh, how to forget it, the most magical moment was that day when WIPE was finally installed on the main server. It was incredible, no one expected it to happen, it was something miraculous but when no one expected it and suddenly, there it was ...

Wait .... mmmm, but it has not happened yet! ..

No, there has not been any magic moment.:D

Magic moments include using a Mortar Brig to demast a Bucentaure and subsequently hammer it into submission (and sinking).

Also getting 24 Leaks on a Trincomalee in a single broadside using a Constitution. That boat went straight to the bottom in about 15 seconds.

Possibly the most hilarious moment was our fleet returning from a port battle, and ran into a single, lone Endymion. Seeing 20+ 4th-rates swarming that poor chap was terribly amusing, even though we offered our condolences to them afterward.

Also just sailing on trade runs or hunting patrols through night-time thunderstorms. They are absolutely gorgeous. (Definitely suggest making day/night cycles a little more smooth, too)

Edited by Kiithnaras

First time getting to close and broadside to a Santissima with my frigate as an youngster captain. We were a few guys patroling for hostiles near Jamaika and a the end we made it. But when I realized that I was broadside seconds felt like minutes and my smile turned with a "Well...  F*ck..."  when the Santi made his revenge. 

Short firework for me.  But a great moment to remember.  :-)

• Like 3

My magic moment

TclPCwD.png

I boarded and captured LGV almost in front of sweden capital. I entered battle in beam (is that the term) while he and all ai entered while directly looking into wind. He was like 50m behind AI fleet :) Everything was over before AI even managed to turn on me :lol: Other pirate left when he realized that I'm slightly crazy :P

Honestly there are too many magic moments in this game for me. Part of the reason it's one of my most-played games really. Here are some that I managed to snag screenshots of. 

tumblr_onmx8goIvl1u0b056o2_540.jpg

Running screen for the battle fleets on their approach to hostile ports. 

tumblr_ojkq0xTPV31u0b056o1_540.jpg

Navigating via map and compass across the Caribbean and still managing to meet my friend mid-ocean.  

tumblr_ojkq0xTPV31u0b056o3_540.jpg

Getting my first glimpse of the Dutch architecture at their capital. 

tumblr_o5hfj4ozvR1u0b056o1_540.jpg

My first time getting a stern rake in a PvP port battle. They lined up so beautifully..