Anolytic

Why "Naval Action Legends"?

63 posts in this topic

Can't wait for this, whatever it's called!

"Legends" immediately brought to mind pirate fantasy for me....NOT a good association.  No krakens, no mermaids and fighting skeletons. 

For the record, I am much in favor of all of those things. But never in Naval Action. 

5 hours ago, jodgi said:

Whoa! That was some expertly hid passive aggressiveness.

I saw you talking about your skill level in that other thread, this game is perfect for you because you can come and take us all to school.

U may not know me that well. but I don't hide my aggressiveness. And on the other thread I was defending my amount of experience with open world pvp and trader hunting. I was just stating some simple but important facts about this new game. idk if it will be good or bad for naval action open world addition.

14 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

I was just stating some simple but important facts about this new game.

That was my choice; To pick between you not having a clue about what makes wot/wows/wt tick while pretending you do OR you raging about the arena game simply because you don't like it while pretending to state simple facts. I chose to not insult your intelligence.

There will be more drama to come about the new game and player migration. There is no need for enmity between the two player groups, both games could provide recruitment for the other. You guys could use the arena game as a training tool for your RvR guys.

2 people like this

Naval Action: Terran Conflict

Oh wait, different game, sorry.

Naval Action:  Lose Not a Minute!

But really, Legends is good as anything.  Legends as in Legendary ships, captains.  Legendary navies. 

8 hours ago, jodgi said:

That was my choice; To pick between you not having a clue about what makes wot/wows/wt tick while pretending you do OR you raging about the arena game simply because you don't like it while pretending to state simple facts. I chose to not insult your intelligence.

There will be more drama to come about the new game and player migration. There is no need for enmity between the two player groups, both games could provide recruitment for the other. You guys could use the arena game as a training tool for your RvR guys.

Love how you say I'm against the game. when I never stated that. I don't know if I am or not. I have not played it. I'm done with RVR. I just hunt people down and kill them because that's what I want to do. and the more they cry the more I enjoy it. Is it not a fact that WOT and WOWS games last no more than 15-30mins? is it not a fact that the players can play 1 game for 20 mins and then walk away? U can go look up the battle timers for WOWS if you want. BUT I guess those are just pretend facts... kinda like imaginary opinions or something.

as far as the two player groups getting along. I don't know if they will or not. one game may help the other or it may kill the other. time will tell.

5 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

Is it not a fact that WOT and WOWS games last no more than 15-30mins? is it not a fact that the players can play 1 game for 20 mins and then walk away?

Yup, that's right.

Maybe I should explain why I thought your post was a loaded one?

Stating how long matches lasts in other games is absolutely neutral so that wasn't what made me and Olav raise our eyebrows.

UI is supreme. that's all that the world of tanks and warships has. is UI. rest is just arcade combat.

To think that a game has players because of the UI is a baffling statement. Why would anyone say such a weird thing without ulterior motives?

the people who play those types games don't give 2 craps about realism.

Overgeneralization usually comes from the need to politicize a particular point.

they want instant action that is fast paced.

Instant action is indeed the main forte of arena games but there are many players who are happy with NA's slower pace. btw, the pace in NA is already significantly accelerated so we're already sinning against realism.

6 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

They want a 30 min commitment at the most.

When people sit down to play a game I'm sure they often make room for more than 30min max, even if they "don't give 2 craps about realism" and "want instant action that is fast paced". Your limitation of 30 minutes seems forced and artificial, which makes me suspect politics.

they want to play a round and walk off.

I'm sure many appreciate the option to just do a quickie. I've done that many times in Aces High, WoT and old Sea Trials. This does not mean that...

u will need to speed up the rate of combat by about 2x from legacy naval action.

That's just crazy talk.

Now you know how I could misunderstand you so terribly.

3 people like this

Plenty of arena lovers play 6 hours in a row, doing 7 minutes battles. Do your math. ( they say they can't spare 2 hours and then spend 6 hours, but that's another discussion ).

They do not enjoy, particularly, the need to explore a open world. They want to get into the action and shoot stuff.

It is known the arena games do not deliver adequate realism ( AH lalas ? WT instructor ? WoT everything ? ), but that's a developer's choice hence becomes a player's choice to even get interested or not.

But the same happens with the big world games that require travel, terrain recon, hunt, chase, survival :)

So, the more choices the better as long as both products keep their own identity, and in the long run who knows, maybe even more models ships can be produced for OW and get to appear on the arena and vice versa.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

It is known the arena games do not deliver adequate realism ( AH lalas ? WT instructor ? WoT everything ? ), but that's a developer's choice hence becomes a player's choice to even get interested or not.

Ironically in NA the battles got by far more realism than the OW :-)

Edited by karacho
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, karacho said:

Ironically in NA the battles got by far more realism than the OW :-)

That is correct :) the combat is top notch.

But as age of sail combat was anything but a designed arena, the living breathing simulation of the age of sail in a west indies map that leads us to combat beats any "fair, equally" combat realism which seldom was :)

Not a fan at all of Legends or Arena, reminds me of the flood of obscure bottom-of-the-barrel mobile games who just juggle any combination of the same terms.

Naval Action : Broadside (to Broadside)

Naval Action : Fire! (as she bears)

On a similar note though, in terms of marketing, promotional materials for new ships in the future and such, this is a trailer that I quite like and would get stoked about if it applied to age of sail ships rather than 80's military jets. Just for inspiration.

Edited by Aegir