Busterbloodvessel

Ship Upgrade Knowledge Routesknowledge

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anyone plotted out the ship knowledge slot upgrade grind route to 1st rates/Indiaman?

If not, then for example:

To be able to upgrade 3 slots and above in a Surprise you need to have previously completed 4 slots in a Renomee.

Unlock Basic Cutter slot 3 to unlock Privateer slot 3. (Testbed Patch 9.99 Hotfix 7) 

Unlock Basic Cutter slot 3 to unlock Pickle slot 3.

Unlock Pickle slot 3 to unlock Snow slot 3 

Unlock Snow slot 3 to unlock Brig slot 3

Unlock Snow slot 3 to unlock Cerberus slot 3

Unlock Cerberus slot 3 to unlock Frigate slot 3 

Unlock Renomee slot 4 to unlock Surprise slot 3. (Testbed Patch 9.99 Hotfix 7) 

Unlock Frigate slot 3 to unlock Essex slot 3

Unlock Frigate slot 5 to unlock Agamemnon slot 3

Unlock Endyminion slot 4 to unlock Constitution slot 3. (Testbed Patch 9.99 Hotfix 7) 

Unlock Agamemnon slot 4 to unlock 3rd Rate slot 3 (Testbed Patch 9.99 Hotfix 7) 

Unlock Pavel slot 4 to unlock Santi slot 2 (37400xp) (Testbed Patch 9.99 Hotfix 7) 

All 4th slots appear not to require any earlier unlocks.

Anyone got any other bits for the grind info jigsaw? If so post below and I will update this front page as we go for general use.

Or the devs could just list it out for us :P

Buster (polishing the handle on the big front door)

Sorry stuffed up the thread title...

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
Added more info on 2017.05.15, thanks
4 people like this

17 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Or the devs could just list it out for us

They will once they know how it looks.

Endyminion 4th slot needed to unlock Constitution 3rd.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Santi 2nd slot (37400xp) needs slot 4 pavel

3rd rate 3rd slots (42840xp!) needs slot 4 aggie

Aggie slot 3 (21750) needs frigate slot 5

I figure you will have made 10 rear admiral/curse if not more by the time you unlock all slots on all ships!

Edited by TheLoneWolf
7 people like this

grinding all this will take about 20 years ingame time lol

7 people like this

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

grinding all this will take about 20 years ingame time lol

Great. (Sigh) Then we'll just have to start over with iron clad steam ships. 

1 person likes this

Yeah that's realy some serious grinding.

BUT: you will allways have to do something now, that's something. ;) 

On 5/15/2017 at 2:49 AM, rediii said:

Yeah that's realy some serious grinding.

BUT: you will allways have to do something now, that's something. ;) 

or just quit.

I plan on grinding to navy brig if that, maybe a rattlesnake, and then be done.  If I go that far.  I dont have the time to throw at this game like I did last year, and I dont have the patience to waste time on mindless grinding because I want the slots unlocked on my ship.

1 person likes this

The problem is not to unlock the slot .. the problem is that when you go to have it unlocked they tell you that there will be a wipe or some change on that .. and what you have done is not worth anything ... that is the real problem ..
  As it is an early access your work does not count .. imagine that you take 1 year to reach a santisima and when you are going to "have it" conditions tell you .. will see a wipe ... lol many players will tell you is a game Alpha you can not complain

1 person likes this

Two slots are supposed to be the norm.  Don't expect every vessel to be "perfect."

3 people like this

PvP yields 3x the xp. Do the math. you get those slots pretty fast acting support brig to frigates and overall being a pain up their sterns.

18 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

PvP yields 3x the xp. Do the math. you get those slots pretty fast acting support brig to frigates and overall being a pain up their sterns.

IF you have unlocked all of the slots in the Basic Cutter, Pickle, Privateer, Lynx, Brig, Navy Brig, Mercury, Rattlesnake, Snow and the Niagara.  

1 person likes this

Just now, Hodo said:

IF you have unlocked all of the slots in the Basic Cutter, Pickle, Privateer, Lynx, Brig, Navy Brig, Mercury, Rattlesnake, Snow and the Niagara.  

Yep. Hope to see them grouped by rate or sail plan. Running most of those at 3 - 4 slots atm. Niagara and Mercury running at 3 slots are hell decent.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, Alakrana said:

The problem is not to unlock the slot .. the problem is that when you go to have it unlocked they tell you that there will be a wipe or some change on that .. and what you have done is not worth anything ... that is the real problem ..
  As it is an early access your work does not count .. imagine that you take 1 year to reach a santisima and when you are going to "have it" conditions tell you .. will see a wipe ... lol many players will tell you is a game Alpha you can not complain

When I bought the game it said, up front, this would happen. Not that it might happen, not that it was a possibility, but that there would be wipes periodically. I expected more than this sooner. Didn't you get the memo?

8 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Yep. Hope to see them grouped by rate or sail plan.

I'm with you on this.

2 people like this

this is just shit ,i dont wana grind each ship cause i hate alot of them. they shut make it per TIER like 1ship in 6 and 1 in 5 and so on. this is just retarded.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Bobzillah said:

this is just shit ,i dont wana grind each ship cause i hate alot of them. they shut make it per TIER like 1ship in 6 and 1 in 5 and so on. this is just retarded.

just to clarify , this system atm is like if we would say in world of warhammer take an healer but say yeah you cannot get all youre healing skills until you grinded up the warroir to level this and a tank to this and fire mage to that orso ,i would prefer to choose the ship i GRIND in ,dubbel or triple the grind for me i dont care aslong as i can say in wich SHIP i can do the grind !!! 

So if I go straight from the basic cutter to the redeemable Surprise or Inde I can't do shit with it?

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Batman said:

So if I go straight from the basic cutter to the redeemable Surprise or Inde I can't do shit with it?

You can unlock the first 3 upgrade slots, but you'll need to unlock earlier ships to unlock the last 4-5.

Edited by Serk

Think you can do whatever, simply the ship knowledge is limited to three expertises. To fully unlock mastery ( five slots ) one must learn whatever ships are indicated in the locked slot. It is a odd system, granted but also provides much needed variety.