Game-Labs Forum

In battle, the sun rises in the west...

Flakbait

At first I thought I might've forgotten to take my anti-stoopid pills this morning...  but then I did a quick mission.  The sun was going the correct direction E to W (90 to 270)...  but when the sun got to the horizon, instead of turning to night, it started rising again (I was looking to 270 degrees, and I swear I haven't been drinking.  :blink: (there is of course, the possibility that I'm an idiot.))

I'll fraps it when I get the chance.  

Edited by Flakbait

Actually what I think happens in instances is this: the compass does a 180 degree rotation. What is north in open world (0*) becomes 180* in battle. It is no big deal, just a simple little thing to do with the values assigned to the marks on the compass.

The good news is this affects absolutely nothing in combat: a ship that is tagged in the channel between La Tortue and Hispanola will retain its position in the instance relative to OW positioning and winds, just the way that it should, the only difference is that the numbers on the compass have been reversed. But yes, now you can all share the kind of pain those who have known about this for a while feel ;) :P.

And if I'm wrong/mistaken, I blame the US admiralty for equipping me with a faulty compass when I turned pirate. But that would be sabotage <_< ...Wait a minute, I think I figured out why my maps all look like the same crayon sketches! :o

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, admin said:

it is not. the compass in instance does not have NSWE indication but the sun goes the way it goes in the OW

22 hours ago, Willis PVP2 said:

Actually what I think happens in instances is this: the compass does a 180 degree rotation. What is north in open world (0*) becomes 180* in battle. It is no big deal, just a simple little thing to do with the values assigned to the marks on the compass.

The good news is this affects absolutely nothing in combat: a ship that is tagged in the channel between La Tortue and Hispanola will retain its position in the instance relative to OW positioning and winds, just the way that it should, the only difference is that the numbers on the compass have been reversed. But yes, now you can all share the kind of pain those who have known about this for a while feel ;) :P.

And if I'm wrong/mistaken, I blame the US admiralty for equipping me with a faulty compass when I turned pirate. But that would be sabotage <_< ...Wait a minute, I think I figured out why my maps all look like the same crayon sketches! :o

Is there a reason why a common compass is not used in battle and OW instances, just curious to know.

Buster (filing sun dial)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel