Game-Labs Forum

Localization into Japanese

Tokiedian

Is there any plan to localize this game into Japanese? In fact I've started an volunteer localization project as a guide on Steam, because I know another Japanese person who want to join the localization. I keep the guide private except to my Steam friend, Koro, the Solder and the Japanese player because it is undesirable to open in-game texts to general public who don't have this game, but devs must be able to notice it because devs also can find it on Steam.

However, in fact Steam guide which isn't editable by nobody but its auther isn't obviously suitable to collaborative project even though we need as many translation supporters as possible. I ask devs for something like an slightly closed forum which is available to people who already have this game only and to post the full in-game texts on it.

If there is no reply from devs to this post, I'll open my guide to the general public completely and call for volunteers who want to join the localization project.

• Like 2

I know we have some other SEA players that have brought this up.  CCCP/CN clan on PvP2 is mostly folks from China or SEA area that speak the same language and they would prob be able to get a lot more players into game if it was localized for them.   Though I can see this is something to be done more closer to release when they do the final UI.  Right now there is so many changes it would be hard to keep up with all the languages that would need to be updated.

@chailang I think it was you or one of your other clan mates that posted on this in the past, but for Chinese?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I know we have some other SEA players that have brought this up.  CCCP/CN clan on PvP2 is mostly folks from China or SEA area that speak the same language and they would prob be able to get a lot more players into game if it was localized for them.   Though I can see this is something to be done more closer to release when they do the final UI.  Right now there is so many changes it would be hard to keep up with all the languages that would need to be updated.

@chailang I think it was you or one of your other clan mates that posted on this in the past, but for Chinese?

Ultimate General: Civil War Already carried Localization of Chinese (Made by some players who like the game)5913c520da2f4_X9O5JRY@(VEZ2_I_XJFJG.png.e062ebf2afe3ae2b34762ce39d05cb6f.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/5/11 at 8:42 AM, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

Localization will be performed close to release once the UI and features have settled. :)

Here comes v0.80, so I reactivate this thread. If there is no reply from the devs to this post, I'll open my guide on Steam to the general public completely and call for volunteers who want to join the localization project.