Game-Labs Forum

NavalActionTool - MAP

15 minutes ago, rediii said:

realy nice! :) 

Could you also add something so we can set the maxspeed and it calculates accordingly? (instead of the fixed 24kn now)

Do you want to be able to decrease the max speed (24) only or the set of speeds via a ratio?

1 minute ago, rediii said:

just set the speed , i think most players know their OW fastest speed so it will be more accurate if your calculations are on point

I'm not sure I understand your request in the end.

In the video example the speed is not fixed, it changes from 2 to 24 depending on the wind and the time.

So if you change the max speed (24) to 12, the side wind speed (18) will be greater than the max speed.

If you want to have a fixed speed all along the traget it is better to use the "Freeze speed to:", and the simulation would be useless since the wind would not be taken into account.

In the simulation I can add a selection of max speed which would lower the other speeds globally.
If you have a snow you will have 2-10-14-18-24
If you have an ocean you will have 2-6-8-12-18
(This is an example, with numbers taken at random)

I hope we understand each other, it is not obvious :blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UnicornBuster said:

Do you want to be able to decrease the max speed (24) only or the set of speeds via a ratio?

2 hours ago, UnicornBuster said:

In the video example the speed is not fixed, it changes from 2 to 24 depending on the wind and the time.
So if you change the max speed (24) to 12, the side wind speed (18) will be greater than the max speed.

2 hours ago, rediii said:

atm the speed is 24kn and changes accordingly to the wind, but what if my ship does 27kn or even more? I don't know the fastest ship right now in OW travel but i would like to change the speed to the speed i can reach to be more exact.   So yeah the selection of max speed is exactly what i mean. :) 

If it is possible I would like to be able to set my Max speed but have your map adjust the speed based on the effect of the wind.  My max speed would be 5Kn in my Trader brig 8Kn in my Trader Lynx.  Sounds like  Rediii would set it at 27Kn

4 hours ago, UnicornBuster said:

I will need a little boost to do some tests. Would you have in your papers some long journeys in time?
Any trips you would have made in 1 or 2 hours without touching anything?
With an approximate time, it is only to do a pre-setting.

La Mona to Flatts with LGV used to take 01:45 hours before traders were hit with speed nerf (test bed).

I could set off a small ship on a long afk sail and note time, would that help?

• Like 1

Pickle crossing full longitude mapping, from deep in mexico to lesser antilles should be around 5 hours.

Yacht, no guns, from Fort Royal to Saint Mary's via north side of Saint Domingue / Haiti and north of Bahamas equals roughly 3 hours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jodgi said:

La Mona to Flatts with LGV used to take 01:45 hours before traders were hit with speed nerf (test bed).

I could set off a small ship on a long afk sail and note time, would that help?

Thank you but do not bother you I can already do tests with all this :)

• Like 2

Update with the simulation button !

The times are not very correct it seems to me, it will now be necessary to configure all this. But the mechanics seem to be good.

For simulation speeds I will have to find different speed sets for each boat.

Be strong and bright!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE v1.8.5 : Lost at sea ?

- Due to the removal of gps : Addition of a location button for F11 data.

Not yet tested in the north and west of Kingston / PR :wacko:... Do not hesitate to make me a return if you are in the pirate or Spanish area :)

Edit : Tested and it works

Edited by UnicornBuster

7 hours ago, Prater said:

How are you calculating time to destination?

Currently there are two ways to calculate it. At fixed speed and according to the wind. But neither is properly calibrated at this time. It will be done very soon.

Edited by UnicornBuster

14 hours ago, UnicornBuster said:

Currently there are two ways to calculate it. At fixed speed and according to the wind. But neither is properly calibrated at this time. It will be done very soon.

That is why I am asking you how you are calculating it.  I may be able to help.  I was the one who figured out what the knots value in game represented and I came up with fairly accurate formulas to calculate time to arrival.

Edited by Prater

On 10/06/2017 at 9:29 PM, Prater said:

That is why I am asking you how you are calculating it.  I may be able to help.  I was the one who figured out what the knots value in game represented and I came up with fairly accurate formulas to calculate time to arrival.

I appreciate the offer help, really believe me. But I am in a learning process. And I have not yet taken the time to make this adjustment (it was not a priority for me).
I prefer to do it by myself, even if it takes longer.

With the wind system I was able to realize the futility of the thing.
On a long journey the wind does not have a significant impact on the duration (It turns so fast that it makes sense).
An average applied to a long journey suffices to have a rather correct duration.

Thanks again.

Edited by UnicornBuster

Hi UnicornBuster,

Thank you for your effort so far on a promising app. Here is some data for you that i hope helps. On trips from Charleston to Rio Seco in a surprise using the snow ship setting ... The actual time was exactly double what your program predicted. This was also the case for the reverse trip. The simulation said 25 mins and it took 50 mins actually in the game. However I noticed that the IG wind in the simulation made 2 + rotations while actually in the game the wind only did 1 rotation. I hope this data is is some help to you. Keep up the great work

Cheers Snakemac

• Like 1