Game-Labs Forum

Probable Massive ALT use problem after the wipe

unfortunatly i see a massive exploit problem after the wipe.

why?after the wipe most of the ports are owned by the spanish and they are not going to be able or willing to defend them,especially with that low amount of players.so most of the alt users are going to start as a spaniard with their alt to exploit the nonrewarding system of empty portbattles.as a result the game will be completly unbalanced and the permit system absolutly worthless.

i hope,that the devs are going to find a solution for that problen,or even better to finally kick all these alts out of the game.

i don`t want to start another doomsday scenario,but this is my personal impression about a big leak in gameplay mechanics.

would like to share your thoughts.

~ Title changed. It is more clear now and not a click bait. ~ the moderation team

• Like 3

:)

Just ask Don Inocencio Botillo, Metropolitan Archbishop of Habana, and, by extension, of the whole Caribbean, and ultimate theological and moral authority around these waters for help.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

Just ask Don Inocencio Botillo, Metropolitan Archbishop of Habana, and, by extension, of the whole Caribbean, and ultimate theological and moral authority around these waters for help.

interesting statement.if this is your kind of gameplay,go on and enoy the game.

edit.if i didn`t got a good joke....my fault.

Edited by captain pips

1 hour ago, captain pips said:

unfortunatly i see a massive exploit problem after the wipe.

why?after the wipe most of the ports are owned by the spanish and they are not going to be able or willing to defend them,especially with that low amount of players.so most of the alt users are going to start as a spaniard with their alt to exploit the nonrewarding system of empty portbattles.as a result the game will be completly unbalanced and the permit system absolutly worthless.

i hope,that the devs are going to find a solution for that problen,or even better to finally kick all these alts out of the game.

i don`t want to start another doomsday scenario,but this is my personal impression about a big leak in gameplay mechanics.

would like to share your thoughts.

im not sure but I thooght the rvr points and pvp points were awarded as a result of damage you did to ships  so if your alt in a basic cutter defends against 25 aggas theres not going to be much reward  to make the effort worthwile

• Like 1

exploit the nonrewarding system of empty portbattles

I think devs said you don't get any conquest marks for uncontested port battles.

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

hes saying if you have a spanish alt that joins it wont be uncontested

I thought only the winning side gets the conquest marks in the end? Or am I mistaken?

Just now, Liquicity said:

I think devs said you don't get any conquest marks for uncontested port battles.

that`s the problem.this mechanic is going to be exploited by putting alts in these portbattles with some kind of useless ships.

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

I thought only the winning side gets the conquest marks in the end? Or am I mistaken?

Right, so I think he means you send your alt in on the enemy side, so it's contested and you get the marks

• Like 1

Just now, Liquicity said:

the point is if your playing as a brit ..and you attack an uncontested port you get nothing apart from port

if you are playing as a brit and have a spanish alt ..and your alt enters the pb its no longer uncontested ...therefor your brit account gets all the rewards when it wins

Just now, snowy2 said:

Right, so I think he means you send your alt in on the enemy side, so it's contested and you get the marks

Ah gotcha.

Well fair enough, but why would, in this case the spanish, not try to defend the ports properly? There is the possibility to get conquest marks for them aswell?

Besides, I think it will be very hard to first even get to a port battle (hostility wise) without the option to grind missions / no more large npc fleets / pvp being hard to come by

1 minute ago, snowy2 said:

that`s what i mean.would have been easier for me to discribe that problem in german,hope,it was still understandable.

• Like 1

You're pointing to a potential pitfall here indeed. However, as @Grundgemunkey says, from what we know about the mechanics so far this potential exploit will not gain anyone anything currently. Even if alts could get some kind of rewards out of it, that reward would be offset against the cost of transferring the alt in question back to whichever nation you wish to keep it after the map has stabilized. 

To your point on alts. Game-labs have no power to prevent people from having multiple Steam accounts. As long as this game is distributed through Steam, alts will be around and nothing that can be done about it. However, I am in favour of any mechanics that reduce the effectiveness and benefits of having alts, provided they do not negatively impact other gameplay.

12 minutes ago, captain pips said:

You didn't get what @qw569 said. He's not talking about alts. He's talking about Spain's ability to defend their territories by making a joke about their ability to mobilise forces.

• Like 1

Perhaps the barrier to gaining conquest marks could be linked to BR rather than the number of players enemy players - such as the winning side will only receive marks if the losers have at least 50% of the BR of the other side?

edit -  Personally I think conquest 'marks' (where each single mark is extremely important) is the wrong design. A points system would make much more sense where good play is incentivised rather than having a win only giving marks.

• Like 2

just to make it clear,i don`t mind about permissions and 1 dura ships and iàm not complaining about the upcoming hardcore modus.i`am just asking for a fair conquest,otherwise the game is going to be a waste of time in my personal opinion.

more than that it`s not a question of nationality,it should be a problem that matters the whole community.

Edited by captain pips
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, qw569 said:

jijijijiji you wont get his help if you are a pirate :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qw569 said:

:)

edit.if i didn`t got a good joke....my fault.

Dear Captain Pips. Mr QW569 is dead serious when he says I can help, even if you are a Protestant-Heretic (a pleonasm, by the way... all protestants are heretics, like all English are Pirates.... and all will suffer eternal damnation).

As for the question about why we have all the ports, and the wining in this thread: It's God's will. 

If you have Spanish alts, God will bless them.

Amen.

And my Apostolical blessings to you all, and the Developers, may the Lord illuminate their confused brains.

Edited by Don Inocencio Botillo
  • Like 7

that`s the problem.this mechanic is going to be exploited by putting alts in these portbattles with some kind of useless ships.

Plan and simple there is a report feature for this game.  You see a bunch of guys doing this and showing up in the same crappy ships and not fighting you report them with the evidence.  I have alts, but I'm all against folks using them in means that are against the rules and this is exactly against the rules to farm them this way.

Oh and last I checked you can't enter any port battles in a basic cutter.   

I really think you anti-alt guys make more crap up than actually play the game thinking that there is some one doing bad thing around every corner.   Folks with alts is prob a very small percentage of the game population.   The players without them way out number them so there shouldn't be any big effect by them cause you still going to out number them 10 to 1 or prob more realistic it's like 100 to 1 players that don't have alts.3

Captain Pips,

I just did a Basic ALT guide on STEAM if you want to take a look.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/guides/

Games Labs will never get rid of ALTs. Explained in the guide why. Before launch the Dev's need a proper "code of conduct" to manger the use and abusive behavior by some and not all players.

Norfolk nChance.

• Like 2