Game-Labs Forum

Question regarding future path of game?

Warwick

I have been playing for a short time but notice some play features that are frustrating. During the initial battle of the Federal campaign at Phillipi I have seen Ellis's cavalry perform miracles. In one instance they threaded a space of about 50 yards between Colquitts brigade and the edge of the river to sneak into my rear area and threaten my artillery. During the Distress Call scenario I lost my supply wagon when I sent both Loomis and the wagon on a long march back to the left flank of the fight. While moving other units into a position I returned to Loomis to see my wagon captured by CSA cav and Loomis blissfully marching along. These two units had been almost stacked on top of each other.

Is there any plan to add some unit AI or "orders" options that will allow Loomis to break his march to engage a Cav unit that emerges on his flank? I have even seen federal cavalry allow CSA cav to charge them in a flank while sitting on loaded carbines. The issue with Colquitt is my own issue as Colquitt was exchanging fire with a rebel brigade. So I should have set him up 20 or 30 yards further back to protect the bridge. That is a learning issues. However Loomis would have been court-martialed for his action and that is the one I would like to be addressed. A simple toggle to "ignore enemies" or "stop and engage enemy" would be fine. If Loomis had stopped to engage the Cav while the supply train carried on to captured later that would have been fine.

Thanks

Cavalry are currently bugged a bit.  If you see a suspicious-looking cavalry brigade (usually moving along at unusually high speeds), save the game, pause, and click around with a brigade selected to see if some places target the cavalry instead of movement orders.  If it does, reload the save and you'll see that the cavalry have teleported.  Bug, no idea what causes it.

• Like 1