Game-Labs Forum

Same as always...  You put a 1st Lt. on it who you think should get a promotion along with a skeleton crew and send it to an outpost.  Ship can only be used after you return and fit it out...  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CatSwift said:

fleets cost perk points, meaning players are gimping themselves to have gimped AI ships in battles. as they devs current opinion is "anything goes on the OW", seems like AI fleets should stay.

Doesn't make any sense at all to have controllable AI warships on a ***PVP*** server. If PvPers wanted to fight AI we would be on the PVE server. 

But honestly I've always found AI fleets are annoying as hell because they take up spots in battle and even if they are on your side they are clumsy AF. 

And no one can say they offer "protection for solo players".  Remember exit to friendly port is being removed which forces everyone out to the open world into the hands of a revenge gank fleet forcing you to die, surrender or run for hours on end. The AI fleets ain't doing jack all to protect solo players.

Edited by Sureshot
  • Like 4

Just now, Sureshot said:

Doesn't make any sense at all to have controllable AI on a ***PVP*** server. If PvPers wanted ro fight AI we would be on the PVE server.

if you're on the OW then you fight what comes at you or you run. the devs have stated this is now an MMO, and there are plenty of MMO examples that have mixed PvE and PvP models.

Just now, CatSwift said:

if you're on the OW then you fight what comes at you or you run. the devs have stated this is now an MMO, and there are plenty of MMO examples that have mixed PvE and PvP models.

I already thought there was a PVE server for fighting along side AI? Because it is just plain dumb to have controllable AI warships on a hardcore *PVP* server when we have a separate server for *PVE* type of players. Players should go there if they want to fight with their AI buddies. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

Agreed.  Its amazing how many people i see calling other people "carebears" that are out sailing in the OW with 2 Connies as "fleet ships"....  

Super hardcore, bro....

What was his ship?  Two connies would be 450 crew times 2 so almost 900.  So unless he was in something like a surprise than he was under crewed in them.  So your saying a buddy and you couldn't take three ships with some stupid AI being two of than?  Or you couldn't take them solo?  Well if it was to much look for easy pray that isn't a fleet. It's test bed right now folks are prob running around  with large fleets cause there are hardly any one to fleet up to go grinding with or hunting and folks are more into the testing part of the game than anything.

They could of been moving ships from one port to another too.  I done it to put some better war ships in a port more closer to the action and the only way to get them there is to put them in my fleet.

You want equal ship fights I hear there will be an arena game some time in the future with equal number match up and such.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

No one is answering the question and simply staring at the mirror without looking around:

- how do I tow a captured player's ship with no fleet possibility ( and no teleports ofc ) ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What was his ship?  Two connies would be 450 crew times 2 so almost 900.  So unless he was in something like a surprise than he was under crewed in them.  So your saying a buddy and you couldn't take three ships with some stupid AI being two of than?  Or you couldn't take them solo?  Well if it was to much look for easy pray that isn't a fleet. It's test bed right now folks are prob running around  with large fleets cause there are hardly any one to fleet up to go grinding with or hunting and folks are more into the testing part of the game than anything.

They could of been moving ships from one port to another too.  I done it to put some better war ships in a port more closer to the action and the only way to get them there is to put them in my fleet.

You want equal ship fights I hear there will be an arena game some time in the future with equal number match up and such.

I dont need equal fights...  I need people who use AI as fail-safe bot sail-shredders to think before they call other people care-bears...

Do what you want, man.  

And yes, sorry it was player Trinc, with Connie and Trinc AI...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

No one is answering the question and simply staring at the mirror without looking around:

- how do I tow a captured player's ship with no fleet possibility ( and no teleports ofc ) ?

Right now 2 fleet spots are (perk point) cheap enough for players to pick it without seriously gimping themselves. You can drag along one bot with one slot free for a prize no sweat. It becomes an arms race, we've seen it before. However much some players like it; Warships in fleets is cancer to an enjoyable pvp experience. It is known...

Your question should be solved without blanket bombing OW pvp.

I've already suggested elsewhere that perk point cost for two slots should be upped to at least 6 points. That way bot lovers are forced to sacrifice something for their ways, but pvp'ers can have one slot at the ready for prizes. This is just one way to go about it. We could also make it possible to cap and keep a prize while stopping people from going from port with a warship in fleet. That's just from the top of my head, I'm sure there are more, and even better ways, to solve this.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

It would be a mechanic change Heth....  You can cap a player's ship, even without the "fleet" perk, but you have to send it away and "re-fit" it before use.

So technically you're not putting it into your "fleet".  Just an idea.

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

I dont need equal fights...  I need people who use AI as fail-safe bot sail-shredders to think before they call other people care-bears...

sounds like the devs are right, everything will be better when global chat and between nation communication is gone.

If it's not possible to reduce fleets to traders then add some penalties. For example a speed reduction to open world. They are not even helpfull for the player and give a wrong feeling of safety. If everyone is using them it will destroy every good PvP experience because they are so annoying in battle.

4 hours ago, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

It would be a mechanic change Heth....  You can cap a player's ship, even without the "fleet" perk, but you have to send it away and "re-fit" it before use.

So technically you're not putting it into your "fleet".  Just an idea.

I am not for fleets. Never was.

Right now we can't teleport the prize away. We need to adapt if we wish to capture instead of sink.

Plus the prized ship may force the fleet to move slow ( given the fleet moves according to the slowest ship at any point of wind, just a info for those that do no know this ). Transforming a prize into a "ship note" could be an weak idea on how to force the "slowest speed in fleet" mechanic.

IMO > 1, 3, 6 points for fleet slots makes up the 10 points. Question... do 4 ships surpass the 5 slots of ship knowledge ? They do. Totally. 

I would reduce to 2 slots at 5 points each.

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

I am not for fleets. Never was.

Right now we can't teleport the prize away. We need to adapt if we wish to capture instead of sink.

Plus the prized ship may force the fleet to move slow ( given the fleet moves according to the slowest ship at any point of wind, just a info for those that do no know this ). Transforming a prize into a "ship note" could be an weak idea on how to force the "slowest speed in fleet" mechanic.

IMO > 1, 3, 6 points for fleet slots makes up the 10 points. Question... do 4 ships surpass the 5 slots of ship knowledge ? They do. Totally. 

I would reduce to 2 slots at 5 points each.

I'm not a big fan of over use of fleets cause that is all US/GB (well the majority) did on PvP2 against us cause they couldn't beat us in a fair number vs fight so they would drag as many fleets as they can when they came to a fight, but we learned to use that against them.  SHOOT THE SAILS and the fleets fall behind and are useless.   Kill the fleets and retag and half the times they are short on crew the next fight cause they didn't repair or had to many crew in the fleets (max fleets).  There are tons of ways to fight them and the big thing I see that you goes are forgetting.  If your 2 ships and you fight two guys with one AI it's now a 2 vs 4 right?  Well what makes that different than if you fought four guys it's still a 2 vs 4.  PICK YOUR TARGETS BETTER.   If it was 4 players you still be fighting the same fight but instead it's not 2 extra retarded AI that can't repair or fight half a darn for the most cause cause they make stupid mistakes.   We all ways just looked at the AI as really bad players and just fought and most the time won. If yall are so good than you shouldn't have a problem fighting a player with AI or next time bring more players with you.  If your solo hunting than pick the guy that doesn't have AI in his fleet or go for the challenge.

And remember if he has all them fleet slots he won't have perks like Carpenter, and other great combat perks to help him.  He pretty much gave himself a crutch that you can use against him.

9 hours ago, Przemo said:

Its really great idea. None True solo PvP hunter need AI protection on PvP server :)

A true solo hunter picks his targets wisely too.  He doesn't bite off more than he can handle.  I still don't see the difference from one guy with 3 slots or fighting 4 players.  It's still a 4 vs what ever you have on your side.  Just happens one of them brought a bunch of stupid ships that half can't fight and the other group can be just as bad (I seen some players worse than AI) or they can be very deadly cause they are organized.  You need to decide if you (if your alone) or your group (if your not) can handle those 4 SHIPS in a fight.

If you can't handle those 4 ships cause your solo hunting than pick a different target.

This is a discussion about how the Fleet perks.

Are 4 ships ( 9 points ) better than one ship all pimped up ( 10 points ) ?! They aren't equivalent. The perk points are the same regardless of rate. The only limitation is crew allowance.

I am used to fight against the odds ( or with them, to be honest I don't seek fairness although I risk more than not ), fleets or not fleets. I appreciate the advice though.