Game-Labs Forum

Forum crash during album uploads

Hi. I have had repeated problems with my profile album while trying to upload files to it. Specifically I’ve been trying to add gifs to my album. The problem is likely connected to the size of the gifs, which were slightly over 10 mb in the problematic cases. While the solution is probably to upload only smaller files, the expression of the bug makes it worth addressing.

First, there is nowhere that I could find, when uploading to an album, any notification or written indication about the/a maximum allowed size for image files to upload. Common sense suggests that there would be a limit at 10mb, or maybe even five, but that does not stop people like me with little knowledge and experience with gifs who have just taken up creating some of them, from trying to upload our creations.

When trying to upload a file rounding out at about 14 mb, this all seems to go fine. The uploader works fine and accomplishes the upload it appears, indicating with a bar reaching 100% that the upload is completed. However no preview thumbnail of the gif appears as far as I can remember, and when the last step out of four appears, and you are asked to finalise the upload, upon doing so, the website crashes in my browser and goes to a blank page. 
More frustratingly however, is that when I reload the site and click into the album, not just one, but two «images» have been added. Yet they contain no information or graphic. They are black. This problem is aggravated by the fact that as a normal member, as far as I could find out, I cannot edit my own album to delete pictures to that I don’t want in there anymore. So every time I try to make a new attempt to figure out how to place another gif in my album, and thereby cause a bogus duplicate files, I have to request a moderator to clean up my album.