Game-Labs Forum

Test Bed, Twitchy since HFX3/4 Patch 9.99

Norfolk nChance

Ink,

Thought I should post this here instead of TestBed Thread as it none gameplay issue.

Specs.

Intel i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz

Kingston Hyper X 16.0 GB RAM

64bit OP Windows 10 Home

GPU GeForce GTX 980 Ti v381.89

Average Ping from Hong Kong 260

On Test Bed in OW I noticed the graphics not quite as sharp and jerking somewhat. The speed counter starts to slow and then speed up to a very fast speed. Example doing 20knots that drops to 15 or 12 to then climb to 35 or 50knots. 

This to me looked like Packet Loss on my internet connection. I have wireShark and can't see an issue. Graphics setting is usually the first response but shouldn't be used as an excuse. VSync on, and FSXX on while anti aliasing is OFF. FPS 60-70. Turn VSync OFF 100+.

I go into Battle option. All Starts off well. But after a time ... I'm guessing five to ten minutes. So Action as started to happen. Latency in firing guns. At first I thought it was a new mechanic because you need XP in a ship so crew not as sharp. But it doesn't happen all the time. Again this time worse latency on Picture. So the image will jump forward like fast forwarding a movie. 

Its not impossible to play, but something is amiss. 

I re-tested on the normal server PvP(2) US again all fine. Also I tried to isolate the game to see if Windows or some background interference was happening. I used Sandboxie and again got the same results.

If its just because it is the TESTBED then fine. Just thought you should know.

Norfolk nChance

• 3 weeks later...

Admin,

Quick update for you. Struggling to get video clips for you. The problem seems to have gone. 

I've had a new nVidia driver update 382.05  and that's it.   

I've notice as I enter the French Marin just below Fort-Royal the high cliff walls become jumpy on entry. Nothing else I've really noticed

Norfolk

6 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Admin,

Quick update for you. Struggling to get video clips for you. The problem seems to have gone. 

I've had a new nVidia driver update 382.05  and that's it.   

I've notice as I enter the French Marin just below Fort-Royal the high cliff walls become jumpy on entry. Nothing else I've really noticed

Norfolk

I pretty much agree, though I've not updated video drivers.

Lagginess present in 9.98 and early 9.99 seems to have gone (freeze for a second or so, then jump to new position)

However just recently - I've only noticed it since this week's wipe - there are some odd jumpy movements. I've only noticed them with distant ships rather than cliffs, but it could well be the same thing, Only on OW. Battle seems fine.