Game-Labs Forum

Трёх Иерархов (Three Hierarchs) 1782

Haratik

It's amazing what a little digging can do on Pinterest.  Granted, there wasn't all that much to find within the timeline, but I have found (and shared) some items.  That being said, I did find a plan of a Russian first rate that was built for service in the Baltic Fleet.  She saw action against the Swedes at both The Battle of Kronstadt and The Battle of Vyborg Bay.  3decks link in the title below.

Трёх Иерархов (Three Hierarchs) 1782

3hdraft1.gif

fAZQ6rf.jpg

Jm4EqKZ.jpg

Additional images of the model here:

Edited by Haratik
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, HopMaH said:

51 guns per side

2- bow chasers

2-stern chasers

Normally bow and stern chasers aren't permanently filled with a gun and aren't counted in a ship's rating, which covers the broadside armament. Looking at the armament in in the link above, I'm also guessing that one of the Middle Deck ports wasn't normally filled, which brings us the to the nominal 100-gun rating despite 102 ports (not counting forecastle ports).

7 minutes ago, Talos said:

Normally bow and stern chasers aren't permanently filled with a gun and aren't counted in a ship's rating, which covers the broadside armament. Looking at the armament in in the link above, I'm also guessing that one of the Middle Deck ports wasn't normally filled, which brings us the to the nominal 100-gun rating despite 102 ports (not counting forecastle ports).

Dude ,don't how many guns was on that ship in real. I counted 106. Blueprint says that it was ''100-guns rang ship of the line'' / ''Линейный корабль 100пушечного ранга'' (rus)

1 minute ago, HopMaH said:

Dude ,don't how many guns was on that ship in real. I counted 106. Blueprint says that it was ''100-guns rang ship of the line'' / ''Линейный корабль 100пушечного ранга'' (rus)

I know, I was taking your count and bringing it to the historical rating listed on the plans. Mostly because your 51-port count piqued my interest and I wondered where that extra pair of guns on the broadside went. The armament of the ship is listed in the 3decks link in the first post.

29 minutes ago, Talos said:

I know, I was taking your count and bringing it to the historical rating listed on the plans. Mostly because your 51-port count piqued my interest and I wondered where that extra pair of guns on the broadside went. The armament of the ship is listed in the 3decks link in the first post.

Still cant find that extra pair for magical ''51''? :)

Just now, HopMaH said:

Still cant find that extra pair for magical ''51''? :)

It's in the middle deck. There are 15 pairs of ports (30 total), but they only fill 14 of them, thirteen 18-pounders and one Edinorog per side, for a total of 28. That's how we can have your 51 ports, but only 50 nominal guns.

:blink:

11 minutes ago, Talos said:

It's in the middle deck. There are 15 pairs of ports (30 total), but they only fill 14 of them, thirteen 18-pounders and one Edinorog per side, for a total of 28. That's how we can have your 51 ports, but only 50 nominal guns.

And why 50 not 51?

26 minutes ago, HopMaH said:

:blink:

And why 50 not 51?

Dunno, you'd have to ask the Russian admiralty back in the 18th century for that! But because it was rated as a 100-gun instead of a 102-gun, that was why I got curious and looked in the first place. It's probably the foreward-most port that's normally empty, which isn't uncommon. It would interfere with the handling of the anchors, be cramped in the narrowing bow section, and effect weight and trim.

4 minutes ago, Talos said:

Dunno, you'd have to ask the Russian admiralty back in the 18th century for that! But because it was rated as a 100-gun instead of a 102-gun, that was why I got curious and looked in the first place. It's probably the foreward-most port that's normally empty, which isn't uncommon. It would interfere with the handling of the anchors, be cramped in the narrowing bow section, and effect weight and trim.

Wait. There is 51 gun ports.Am i right? So what is your problem for 102? I even dont count those on chasers

Just now, HopMaH said:

Wait. There is 51 gun ports.Am i right? So what is your problem for 102? I even dont count those on chasers

There are 51 ports, leading to 102 broadside guns without chasers. I got curious as to why there were only 100 rated guns instead and found out the middle deck had an empty pair of ports, that is all.

1 minute ago, Talos said:

There are 51 ports, leading to 102 broadside guns without chasers. I got curious as to why there were only 100 rated guns instead and found out the middle deck had an empty pair of ports, that is all.

Sorry dude but it's b.s. 

Its called ''100gun rate ship of the line'' because russians didn't have ''1rate'', ''2rate'',etc. 

HMS Victory  had 88gun broadcast but still was 1rate ship of the line.

50 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

Russian 1st rate in Caribbean? I bet certain people would pay top coin for this one.

Santisima Trinidad in Caribbean?

St.Pavel?

Wapen von Hamburg?

Vasa???

Yeah,right:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HopMaH said:

Sorry dude but it's b.s. 

Its called ''100gun rate ship of the line'' because russians didn't have ''1rate'', ''2rate'',etc. 

HMS Victory  had 88gun broadcast but still was 1rate ship of the line.

Victory had 100 guns, not counting the forecastle ports. LD 30 x 32-pdrs, MD 28 x 24-pdrs, UD 30 x 12-pdrs, QD 10 x 12-pdrs, FC 2 x 12-pdrs, with various amounts of carronades being installed at different times (they didn't count as part of ratings at the time). She was reduced to a 98-gun 2nd rate for a while before being rerated as a 104-gun 1st rate.

For Trekh Ierarkhov  here, it's LD 26 x 36-pdrs + 2 x Edinorog , MD 26 x 18-pdrs + 2 x Edinorog, UD 30 x 8-pdrs, QM/FC 10 x 6-pdrs + 6 x 24-pdr carronades. Technically only 96 guns, plus the carronades. That's 102 with the carronades included, with a pair on the forecastle (port wasn't counted, but you can see the gap for it) and the one pair of middle deck ports empty. I was never disagreeing with you or nitpicking, I was mostly curious because it was so close, 102 versus 100.

26 minutes ago, Talos said:

For Trekh Ierarkhov  here, it's LD 26 x 36-pdrs + 2 x Edinorog , MD 26 x 18-pdrs + 2 x Edinorog, UD 30 x 8-pdrs, QM/FC 10 x 6-pdrs + 6 x 24-pdr carronades. Technically only 96 guns, plus the carronades. That's 102 with the carronades included, with a pair on the forecastle (port wasn't counted, but you can see the gap for it) and the one pair of middle deck ports empty. I was never disagreeing with you or nitpicking, I was mostly curious because it was so close, 102 versus 100.

You see 100 instead 102? Ok, whatever.-_-

8 minutes ago, Talos said:

No, just that the ship is rated as a 100-gun ship, but has ports for 102. I was curious where the two extra ports came in.

Did you know that russians remade ships of the line out of frigates? :)

every nation ignored a few guns here and there. British didnt count carronades and their 38 - frigates in reality had mode like 40-50 guns.

Victory is also a 100 gun ship - altho carrying 104 guns.

Santisima Trinidad. I am not sure about this particular vessel but the spanish did build 1st rates at Havana. There is a very high chance the Santisima was at least build in the caribbean ;)

3 minutes ago, BungeeLemming said:

every nation ignored a few guns here and there. British didnt count carronades and their 38 - frigates in reality had mode like 40-50 guns.

Victory is also a 100 gun ship - altho carrying 104 guns.

Santisima Trinidad. I am not sure about this particular vessel but the spanish did build 1st rates at Havana. There is a very high chance the Santisima was at least build in the caribbean ;)

Santisima Trinidad was built in Havana, if I remember correctly.

45 minutes ago, HopMaH said:

Did you know that russians remade ships of the line out of frigates? :)

I don't know that many specifics about Russian ships, outside of my copy of "Russian Warships in the Age of Sail, 1696-1860" by Tredea and Sozaev, and coverage in books like Gardnier's "Warships of the Napoleonic Wars".

1 hour ago, Alex Connor said:

This ship is based on HMS Victory, Russia brought plans and built 9 half-sisterships to Victory (Chesma/Чесьма-class) for the Baltic fleet. 

Could easily be adapted from the Victory model ingame, the differences are mostly decorations and small details.

I was wondering why something kept nagging the back of my head about her.