Game-Labs Forum

Fleet and sunken Lead / Fleet Ship

Correct me if i'm wrong ( i know you are doing this ;) )
ATM the Situation is.. You sail, with fleet, get attacked. Lead Ship (this one with the Human player) sink.. and one or 2 or 3. you Fleet ship escape, all ship are lost!?

What if.. if you can take command from 1 of the alive (escaped) ship.. so that not all your ship are lost.. all escaped one are the new fleet.. ! surely the Ressources from the capped / sunk one are lost.. (normal Situation).

and know.. torp this Idea ;)

I don't understand exactly what you're asking, but remember that as long as battle isn't over you need to specifically ask your fleet ships to escape battle (and wait for them to succeed) in order for them to survive. If you just leave battle after you sink, you will loose any fleet ships you still have in the fight. Unless there's a bug, you don't automatically loose all your fleet ships if your main ship is lost.

It has been suggested before that you should be able to magically jump to take command of one of your fleet ships in battle, instead of being tied to your main ship. While a reasonable suggestion, with the changes that are coming and are now on testbed where you can have your loot in the cargo of your fleet ships I think that it's better without that ability. It makes it a strategic decision what formation to choose and what ship to command in a "convoy".

As long as you don't leave the battle your ships will keep fighting. If you are able to get them to escape (say they are traders) they aren't lost.   You will only loose the ships if you sink or if you leave the battle as soon as you sink and than they will auto surrender.  So best thing to do if you get sunk is to stay in the fight and give them commands per the M key and fleet commands.  Just like when you command them in battle.  You can't take full control of them though, but as long as you don't leave the battle you can keep giving them fleet commands until they either win, sink or escape.

The ship which can escape before battle ends.. this one is lost too, if you loose the fight... but this one can pick you (the Captain) up.. after battle...if your own ship is sunk or capped. Or get the Player automatic the Command over the escaped ship? All things after Battle ends

Edited by SirDanger