Game-Labs Forum

XP Redeemables after Wipe

My idea is to give is multiple xp redeemable's for both types of xp (rank and crafting) after the wipe. The reason for this is to allow people to try joining a nation and actually compete without getting "stuck" and being forced to start over if they want to switch nations later. 

So for example, when I first log on after the wipe, I would have a total of 4 xp redeemable's. Two for my rank and two for my crafting. I then use 1 of each, leaving me with a backup if I don't like the situation.

I know there are many players that are willing to join a smaller nation, but they don't want to risk getting into a situation where they cannot effectively compete in RVR. I believe this would apply to both the Global and EU servers. 

I am aware that an eventual solution for nation switching was proposed by the devs (buying an item through steam), but there is currently no timeline for such a solution. 

Opinions?

@admin Would this be possible?

EDIT: I realize this could be used as a way to get free crafting/rank xp if someone wasn't already max level... This doesn't really bother me, but if someone can think of a solution for that i'm happy to hear a suggestion.

Edited by Guest

What I think they should do is give every one a one time token to switch nations.  All times after that will cost them the xp for rank and crafting.   That would keep folks from double up there xp and ranks and such with two redeemable of each.  This way if a month or two down the road I want to change i can.  Redeem my token and I'll get the choose to change nation.  Than after that I'm on my own.  This would still work after release so folks don't get stuck into one nation or another.  The tokens can be later bought instead of the one time free.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

What I think they should do is give every one a one time token to switch nations.  All times after that will cost them the xp for rank and crafting.   That would keep folks from double up there xp and ranks and such with two redeemable of each.  This way if a month or two down the road I want to change i can.  Redeem my token and I'll get the choose to change nation.  Than after that I'm on my own.  This would still work after release so folks don't get stuck into one nation or another.  The tokens can be later bought instead of the one time free.

That's basically what I was going for, I suppose the same thing could be achieved by giving a redeemable for a level instead of xp. I'm trying to think of something that would require the least possible amount of development time. 

"something that would require the least possible amount of development time" - that would be full wipe.

What is extremely important is a really HUGE notice in the nation selection screen.

"Are you sure ? Are you really really sure ? Because if you are not sure this might happen. So are you certain ? 100 % ? Okay...!"

3 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

"something that would require the least possible amount of development time" - that would be full wipe.

What is extremely important is a really HUGE notice in the nation selection screen.

"Are you sure ? Are you really really sure ? Because if you are not sure this might happen. So are you certain ? 100 % ? Okay...!"

But the problem is you don't know what that nation is like when at that selector screen.  Some times even the most populated nation isn't for every one. I'm prime example of that. I started as US and I'll prob never go back to US.   I like pirate, but if I ever switched it won't be for US for sure.   

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Absolutely :)  I jest sir. 

I would say up to rank 3 anyone could change nation proving no crafting level above 10.

That would be a good way to do it in the future for new chars, but we are talking about the wipe so something like a one time switch until release for free could be a good thing for returning players.