Game-Labs Forum

Boarding possibility

Atm.. the Situation on Testbed is following... to Board a ship ,get the [G]... but only with Fleet Perk.. The Fleet Perk is used to put a ship (ore more, if you have all points spent in Fleet) into you Fleet hold.
But why ? are this Perk needed to Enter / Board a Ship? Without this Perk the [G] will not appear !..

Change it..  maybe you stop the ship.. fight down the Crew .. and you will have a new button to get loot and or sink the ship after that.. not send crew to the capped ship.

To get the Loot you dont need Sailing Crew on the capped ship.

• Like 1

As far as I know you can board the ship without having a fleet control perk, and after boarding you can manage its hold to grab the loot, without taking the ship. I didn't have any fleet control perk in this one:

LUNcuPd.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

As far as I know you can board the ship without having a fleet control perk, and after boarding you can manage its hold to grab the loot, without taking the ship. I didn't have any fleet control perk in this one:

Hide contents

LUNcuPd.jpg

If it is like this.. my "suggestion" can be delete.. couse it is in Game.. but dont work perfect for all ;)

• Like 1

I could not board in one situation, but could in another without perk on. Could be the camera angle after all, but I wonder if that is related to a minimum prep one needs to be able to initiate boarding, for I was not preparing at all in the first case and on some prep in the second.

Edited by Stilgar

10 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Hide contents

LUNcuPd.jpg

Better watch it, you might get rich off all that fine fabric there.....oh look I'm internet famous....glad I wasn't saying something stupid.

Remember when your board if your still both moving some times it's off cause your rubbing each other and they might actually be going faster than you are.  Game can be screwy with the acc/decceleration between two ships locked up with each other.  I haven't had a problem boarding any dead in the water after I demasted them and I done it with no fleet perks and with 1 or two.  I did find out something.

If you have a fleet and send it to retreat before the battle is over.  Than capture the ship in the fight, it doesn't make a new name for that ship, it puts it as the ship you retreat and that is why when we get to the battle screen both ships are missing. I think they get thrown into ship limbo or something.  So if you have a ship you don't want in the fight while you capture a trader you might want to make it stop instead of retreating it. Than once you captured the new trader you have both ships retreat.  Tested this mulit time and it's the fix around from the missing ships when one retreats before battle is ended bug.