Game-Labs Forum

Cloud Saving

smoothestjazz

Question

4 answers to this question

Grumpy?

Just set in my ways.   Not to mention, my employer uses the Cloud and invariably it fails, and fails frequently.  We have our engineering software on a cloud server and when that server goes dark the whole international corporation is out of work till someone can get ahold of a "tech" at the cloud server house and wake them up and get them off their lazy ass to go find the box and give it a kick.

I would hate for you to be trying to start a game from a save to the cloud and heaven forbid the server was killed via a recent electrical failure and no one at the cloud server site was around to turn it on for 8 hours.

;)

Use a thumb drive, or an external USB storage drive.  They make the thumbs in massive gigabyte size now, and external drives which are portable come in terabyte or better sizes.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:29 PM, A. P. Hill said:

I would hate for you to be trying to start a game from a save to the cloud and heaven forbid the server was killed via a recent electrical failure and no one at the cloud server site was around to turn it on for 8 hours.

You do realize that Steam's cloud service always keep the last version on your harddrive, right?  So even if it does fail, you still have a save, and that save will get uploaded to the cloud once it comes back.