Game-Labs Forum

PVP EU Server - Clan/Population Chart

Cmdr RideZ

Not sure making the list editable by anyone is going to work out so great. I would suggest making only a few people able to add to the list, and let the rest write in this topic if they want their numbers counted.

As far as RDNN is concerned there's probably no question where @Cornelis Tromp is going to go, but as a clan we're committed to our friends and allies, not to a server name or location. I have no numbers for you. We probably have players who will make their focus either server. 

It is a fine idea to get some sense of idea of who of the old guard will be playing on the EU server, and I already have a bit of an overview from talking to various people. But a list in the forum like this is always going to be way off, especially since very many of the groups who will be going to the EU server are either not very active in the National News forums, or don't use English that much.

The great thing I see about the wipe and server split is that we can start fresh from day one, and let go of the past. But then I see people who want to make plans and decisions, and meetings and charts, to decide what is going to happen after the servers are launched, and I don't really get why this is a benefit to any of us. 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

The great thing I see about the wipe and server split is that we can start fresh from day one, and let go of the past. But then I see people who want to make plans and decisions, and meetings and charts, to decide what is going to happen after the servers are launched, and I don't really get why this is a benefit to any of us. 

So you would rather people just go to their same old nation and continue the horrendous imbalance between nations?

Just now, ElricTheTwo said:

So you would rather people just go to their same old nation and continue the horrendous imbalance between nations?

Unless we can ask everyone who is going to play after the wipe where they will go, which we certainly cannot, we can never get a full picture to make an informed decision to balance the nations.

To begin with that is going to be a greater issue on the global server than the EU server I predict. And yet all the clans there who once talked valiant words about planning to switch around to balance nations after the wipe are now most of them indicating that they will be reneging on that.

However, unless devs change the nation selection info and also introduce mechanics and information that will encourage new players to choose smaller nations, then we are soon enough going to be back to the same imbalance on both servers no matter what we decide on now between ourselves.

No brit, Dutch or US captain is going to tell the fresh midshipman who just signed up for his nation that "pssst! You should recreate your character as a swede or dane now while you have the chance and nothing to loose. They really need your help, and you will have more fun with a challenge."

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

The danish are the ones wanted to make alliances before the launch on the server. I would prefer to have no alliance at start and see after how it is going to change but you already decide to ally with sweden. I don't see neither how it is a benefit...

Knowing who are going to play us or british could be nice to see with who we could start discussion too

2 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

The danish are the ones wanted to make alliances before the launch on the server. I would prefer to have no alliance at start and see after how it is going to change but you already decide to ally with sweden. I don't see neither how it is a benefit...

The Danish haven't made any alliances for after the wipe. All we wanted when there was still the likely possibility that we would keep current politics system after wipe, was to make sure that everyone agreed to break up the Eastern Alliance and to not form new mega-alliances. Both so we could instead try a much more dynamic 3-block or 4-block system and to make sure that the players intending to play Brits, Dutch or US on the EU server would not suffer for no fault of their own from the conflicts that have solidified on the current PvP1-server. Like I told the Spanish, Danes and Swedes being on opposite sides was not out of the question if balance demanded it, even though it will hugely disadvantage both of us with our two small capitals being so stupidly close to each other.

A bit early to be salty about post-wipe stuff, isn't it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Unless we can ask everyone who is going to play after the wipe where they will go, which we certainly cannot, we can never get a full picture to make an informed decision to balance the nations.

To begin with that is going to be a greater issue on the global server than the EU server I predict. And yet all the clans there who once talked valiant words about planning to switch around to balance nations after the wipe are now most of them indicating that they will be reneging on that.

However, unless devs change the nation selection info and also introduce mechanics and information that will encourage new players to choose smaller nations, then we are soon enough going to be back to the same imbalance on both servers no matter what we decide on now between ourselves.

No brit, Dutch or US captain is going to tell the fresh midshipman who just signed up for his nation that "pssst! You should recreate your character as a swede or dane now while you have the chance and nothing to loose. They really need your help, and you will have more fun with a challenge."

I agree the game should have a balancing mechanic.  But, in lieu of that, we the players need to help the best we can.  By discussing and getting some people to move, the balance is already going to be better on PvP2/Global than before.  It will not be where it needs to be, but without this effort, the GB / USA nations would have 75% of the player between them. 

Ugh, leave the server-wide rebalancing and spreadsheets to the global folks, it feels terribly contrived - like setting up a chessboard before going to war. And picking a nation is far too much of a personal choice - it sucks to tell people what nation they have to join.

Balancing is better left to diplomacy instead, we've already got an awesome initial setup with 4 similarly sized nations with the same operating hours plus whomever else comes over wherever they'd like to go.

The one thing that might be worth considering would be to give minor regional leeway to nations who are unable to partake in RvR at the start (making them effectively neutral) so that they wont be DOA for those who trickle into them - except for the US, since they will be extremely unlikely to ever be populated. No such leniency when at war, naturally.

Hoping to see a 3 or more block war, the more the merrier, without spreadsheets, planning, maybe not even discussions. Log in, let it rip, whatever happens happens. A real fresh start. :lol:

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

We want play under own flag - no our nation in game so no playing:) fed up being a brit or rat in all games already :wacko:

The Danish flag could almost be mistaken for a Polish navy jack at a distance, but yeah, I count myself very lucky that Sweden is even represented.

1 minute ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Do not know if EU server is empty because none wants to join it or because none wants to write to it.

You mentioned that there are going to be 4 equally big nations, like France atm.  Would be just interested to know which nations these are?

Its not equal, but majority from France, Spain, Denmark and Sweden (all big clans) will switch to EU. I also know of a new big German clan in GB. Only 2 nations that probably will have trouble getting enough players to be somewhat competitive are VP and US.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Only 2 nations that probably will have trouble getting enough players to be somewhat competitive are VP and US.

Based on past experience, the Dutch nation is next to Britain the nation with the easiest recruitment of new players from Europe. Because of VP's position in the history from this time-period it seems to be the second most appealing nation to Europeans that have no natural connection or affiliation with any of the countries included in the game. So I think that the Dutch Nation will grow fast. I also know that at least some clans from PvP1 plan to play on the EU server, or are considering it.

• Like 4