Aventador

PVP Global Server - Clan/Population Chart

47 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Has Rubli decided yet where they will play? Do you know anything about the other Russian clans like 18BEK as well?

no, we havent decided yet. global server doesnt look promising thou, concidering our early eu tz. 

most likely we will check both servers and make a decision after the wipe.

there are some rumors about other ru-speaking clans switching servers and/or nations, but nothing specific.

5 people like this

it's really not practical to use the forum responses as validation to say 'GB' will be all powerful, or 'Sweden' will be non-existent.

Asking clans or factions to leave their nation to populate what is projected to be non popular nations is really not going to help in anyway realistically. 

just my 2 cents... or 2 pounds as I'm not leaving GB :)

29 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

'Sweden' will be non-existent.

When it will just be two kittens and a couple of strays they will be nothing more than the annoying nat that are are now in pvp2 since pvp1 swedes are more dedicated to EU server. 

33 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Asking clans or factions to leave their nation to populate what is projected to be non popular nations is really not going to help in anyway realistically. 

How so? 

Because the responses gotten on this forum really do not equate with the actual populations on the servers.

There are many many many players that are apathetic to the mere existence of this forum. 

What I'm getting at is trying to balance the server population prior to the server even existing and projecting the nation #'s wont work.

After it's up and running then you can do your re balancing if you'd like.

52 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Because the responses gotten on this forum really do not equate with the actual populations on the servers.

There are many many many players that are apathetic to the mere existence of this forum. 

What I'm getting at is trying to balance the server population prior to the server even existing and projecting the nation #'s wont work.

After it's up and running then you can do your re balancing if you'd like.

Well, yes, you can do that, provided that you do not redeem your XP. Unfortunately, once you redeem your XP you will pretty much be locked into that nation. Switching nations after XP redemption will set you back to the starting rank. No one is going to enjoy grinding themselves back up again. 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

Well, yes, you can do that, provided that you do not redeem your XP. Unfortunately, once you redeem your XP you will pretty much be locked into that nation. Switching nations after XP redemption will set you back to the starting rank. No one is going to enjoy grinding themselves back up again. 

Yep exactly. Ask now rather than later. 

So just for clarification (haven't been following the situation too closely due to steel division), the xp you redeem on the test server is separate from what you redeem after the wipe or not? Plus which server will be converted to global? 

44 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

So just for clarification (haven't been following the situation too closely due to steel division), the xp you redeem on the test server is separate from what you redeem after the wipe or not? Plus which server will be converted to global? 

Yes test server is completely separate from anything on the main servers. PvP2 will be converted to Global

2 people like this

Same as Rubli after our PFK and "guests" TS meeting - we will decide after wipe where and what nation to join. We plan a week or maybe more "trial" on both servers (without any reedemable using until final decision) Some of our guys are focused for small groups PvP and some for RvR so we need wise decision here. On TS meeting was about 30 captains so count us as PB fleet (maybe someday:ph34r:)

Edited by Bart Smith
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Yep exactly. Ask now rather than later. 

Except like I mentioned you are only getting about 30% of the actual server population responding on this forum. 

Thats no way to 'balance' a server. 

We need the devs to allow a 2 week gratis period where we can roll or re-roll our XP to allow proper balancing. 

1 person likes this

Just to clear up a couple of things...

the PVP 1 US  and Brits have decided that even though we're best buds, necessity dictates that we need to fight each other.  We'll make sure there's no alliance between the 2 nations.  Neither of us have a desire to 1 port or inflict damage to the other, fighting RVR casually with people you don't dislike might be a nice change of pace from the PVP1 EU cesspool.  Things of course might change should our misbegotten friends from the EU server decide to join us.  

A large portion of the PVP 1 US were going to join Sweden along with a couple other clans from PVP2, but due to the recent delivery/sailing and of course no nation swapping changes it was decided that Sweden would put us too far out of the action.  The players that were already going to join Sweden I believe are joining France and will be adding to that population to make the nation viable.  

One Point I'd like to bring up is EU timezone players are going to be considerable fewer on this server and It might be a good idea for those players to coordinate either joining the US or GB.  It seems both nations will have a large(r) portion of EU players and it makes sense to go to one or the other to do RVR successfully during the day and actually have people to play with.

As for another PVP Global Meeting, there seems to be no point.  We're not going to be changing the minds of most people anyway.  Our first meeting was intended to be sort of a meet and greet and get an idea of numbers, which was moderately successful.  If someone else feels inclined to still have one, they can organize things.  Due to some recent dev announcements I've kinda come around to the opinion that it's not our job to balance someone else's game, we're just here to play it.  Folks should be able to flock to the larger nations where majority of the action will be.  All the proposed changes by admin seem to be steering players towards making the "mega" nations, might as well oblige him.

I believe @Chijohnaok was talking about setting up a PVP Global US meeting / mixer to say hello and talk about things like TS and Discords.  

Edited by Christendom

So a fake carebear war, no one really switching to anything, GB having to intentionally gimp itself with only a clan or two per front, players are being urged to join high-pop factions, and as usual it's the devs' fault.

Good luck :rolleyes:

Edited by Aegir
3 people like this

Wow... to see all those good intentions flying out the window... Great balancing, guys! 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Wow... to see all those good intentions flying out the window... Great balancing, guys! 

I see you'll be rejoining D-K.  Way to help balance the new EU server bud.  

2 people like this

Let's keep on topic, no feuding please. :)

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

I see you'll be rejoining D-K.  Way to help balance the new EU server bud.  

Yes. Thanks to a lot of propaganda by certain nations. Btw, I'm sailing for Spain on the testbed.

8 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Let's keep on topic, no feuding please. :)

No feuding here. if you want to see feuding look at any EU server related threads. Former-WA keeps posting there as well. pot-kettle-black.

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

11 hours ago, Christendom said:

The players that were already going to join Sweden I believe are joining France and will be adding to that population to make the nation viable.  

Any faction can have a competitive population, but because of ego, stubborness, short sighted views, etc. It is preventing any chance of such a thing. You stick with it and develop a factions growth. GB, US, and Pirates do not have to concern with growth on the basis their population does get a steady flow of new players. That is why I have a lot of respect for the Swedish and French players decision to merge. Now France can be a competitive force. Also why my comrades plan to stay as Dutch.

11 hours ago, Christendom said:

Folks should be able to flock to the larger nations where majority of the action will be. 

For how long? Surely you are not foolish to believe that the proposed tussle with the US and GB will last. It will revert back to a previous state and because of the lack of a spread population the server will fall again. Not saying EU will be anywhere close to being better off. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth
2 people like this

7 hours ago, Aegir said:

So a fake carebear war, no one really switching to anything, GB having to intentionally gimp itself with only a clan or two per front, players are being urged to join high-pop factions, and as usual it's the devs' fault.

Good luck :rolleyes:

• Removing xp sync (once redeemed, if you switch nation, you start from scratch)
  • Harder nation changing (stated somewhere by admin)

Devs are not any helpful here.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Any faction can have a competitive population, but because of ego, stubborness, short sighted views, etc. It is preventing any chance of such a thing. You stick with it and develop a factions growth. GB, US, and Pirates do not have to concern with growth on the basis their population does get a steady flow of new players. That is why I have a lot of respect for the Swedish and French players decision to merge. Now France can be a competitive force. Also why my comrades plan to stay as Dutch.

For how long? Surely you are not foolish to believe that the proposed tussle with the US and GB will last. It will revert back to a previous state and because of the lack of a spread population the server will fall again. Not saying EU will be anywhere close to being better off. 

If your nation can't field a full 25 in a PB vs nations that can, you're at a disadvantage.  Short sighted development decisions pretty much are heavily imposing the larger nation format on us. The US on pvp1 was the smallest nation I think and we could not field a 25 man PB consistently for most of my time playing.  It sucked.  Even when we had numbers we were highly dependent on our usual attendees being there and only a couple people missing would make us ineffective.  

Id rather not go through that again.  If the powers that be want to make nation switching viable I would happily swap around after we see how the global climate pans out.  Admin likes to reference other MMOs.  Most have faction switching options.  Unfortunately we still don't now the server makeup and it's too much of a gamble getting stuck in the SE with a 15man crew.  This is a game after all and there are no special points for super hard mode  

US and GB plan to fight.  I've spoken with those guys a few times and we'll make sure we keep fighting.  I'll miss seeing the regulars in our battles, but such is life.  No alliance system will also help. 

2 people like this

Let's not disrupt the thread intention, which was a honest review on how people are going to play on upcoming PvP Global server.

A bit of respect towards the OP would be cool huh !?

1 person likes this

According to the spread sheet created from the last meeting and has been built upon here GB has 50 rvr players more than the next largest faction with is the US at 44. GB has enough people for rvr according to this spreadsheet to form a strong foundation for another faction and to contribute to another faction slightly as well. Granted the information provided is loose but it does if anything provide a glimpse of the potential situation. The server will suffer unless clans from GB decide to become constructive members of the server rather than partaking to the largest faction.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

8 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Let's not disrupt the thread intention, which was a honest review on how people are going to play on upcoming PvP Global server.

A bit of respect towards the OP would be cool huh !?

Had no intention of doing so, but since the OP himself and another butted in on the identical EU thread with sly off-topic remarks it seemed apt to respond in kind. Gotta show respect to get respect.