Ink

Hotfix 1 for testbed patch 9.99

203 posts in this topic

So when is the actual wipe and release of the game going to happen because i thought it was supposed to be by the 20th of april ?

17 minutes ago, Remus said:

Well spotted JobaSet. I had not got that far. This makes ship seeding in shops more important than I had realsied.

I expect most players who craft have been dismayed how cheap NPC-made ships are and that player-made ships offers no advantages. All ships up to at least Constitution appear to be widely available (though I haven't checked wood and trim) which suggests there won't be much of a market for player-made ships below that level, but I consoled myself with the thought that the top end of the market - RvR ships - would remain entirely player made. Shipbuilders would make line of battle ships (and restricteds like Heavy Rattlesnake if the BP is made available), and would-be shipbuilders would gain xp by making ship components and repairs to give them income during their apprenticeship.

What will the apprentice shipwright do now though? Apart from 3 ships right at the beginning, I have sold every single ship I have made on PvP1 (except those I made for myself), all for a healthy profit - because I could offer quality which NPCs could (or did) not. I think I have used every single labour hour I've generated since starting the game, usually with some perk or other to increase supply or reduce consumption, and I am now level 35 with every BP unlocked up to 3rd Rate.

But now you appear to be encouraging new players down the TLynx rinse and repeat path. Quite how this makes them better able to build a first rate than sawing frame timbers, planks and masts. making rigging, carriages, cables furnishings and ballast, I really cannot fathom.

Highest NPC ship I have seen being sold is a Connie and LGV for traders.  Now one thing I have noticed is that for lower  traders (trader brig) are only 3 slot ships so not sure what is going on here. hurry up and wait I guess.  Yea if you been thinking you might want an alt you should buy it now, get your crafting up on live is way to go, way to many people have extra cash and parts to easy get you to 50 in a day or 2.  I my self may have over 100 lh contracts on both server combined and pass them out like candy.  No reason to even come out of port.

@admin We do need to know if Ships we build give xp to builder still and what kind of XP like ship slots or just reg xp,  If it still dose, I Have I not got anything as of yet with ships built given to other player.

1 hour ago, finchaser12 said:

So when is the actual wipe and release of the game going to happen because i thought it was supposed to be by the 20th of april ?

The wipe has been delayed by 1-2 weeks. No ETA for the official release yet.