Ink

Hotfix 1 for testbed patch 9.99

203 posts in this topic

Sorry to mention again but has anybody else had the problem of not being able to keep the top deck guns mounted on a Conni.

Just now, Remus said:

Are you sure? In the early ranks, how many xp is it to move to the next level? How many xp do you need in a particular ship to unlock it? How many ships do you need to unlock per rank?

I suspect even new players will forever be playing catch up.

For a Navy Brig, you need 250xp for the first slot.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

For a Navy Brig, you need 250xp for the first slot.

Thanks. What's that, 135 crew? First Lieutenant, then. 3000 xp till next rank. It might just work I suppose.

But you've got Rattlesnake Heavy (where, I wonder does this one fit in?), Mercury and I suppose the Niagara in that bracket as well.

28 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

If you Rank up like a newcomer will you simply unlock the 3 slots as you gain XP for rank and crew allowance.

You are not looking to the system without any ulterior considerations to your own individual character, which is already max rank with the old system.

As a newcomer I didnt used every ship which was available. I was happy that I could afford the next ship needed to use all my crew after a level up. I went cutter -> snow -> cerberus -> belle poule -> bellona -> buce

Grinding one ship of each class is fine, but having to play every single ship is just crazy imo.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Craft medkits if rum (sugar) and tobacco are so rare. Even a esential consumable is hard to craft. In real life, which port of the caribbean didnt have some rum or tobacco?

Very good point, that.

@admin: Now that crafted medkits will be essential, shouldn't sugar and tobacco be distributed more like oak and hemp rather than like silver? 9 tobacco ports and 12 sugar isn't really enough, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

I dont know how to:

Craft medkits if rum (sugar) and tobacco are so rare. Even a esential consumable is hard to craft. In real life, which port of the caribbean didnt have some rum or tobacco?

Craft any regional bonuses. People have crafted some vessels in different regions and no luck.

I know you can produce tobacco in North Carolina, but not sure where else.  Though that seems to be an important one if folks want to keep producing kits.

Remember none of the new crafting stuff is in game so can't craft regional bonuses yet and such.   That is what we are waiting on when the get the rest of the patch stuff into testbed.

53 minutes ago, Remus said:

Thanks. What's that, 135 crew? First Lieutenant, then. 3000 xp till next rank. It might just work I suppose.

But you've got Rattlesnake Heavy (where, I wonder does this one fit in?), Mercury and I suppose the Niagara in that bracket as well.

Mecury 4th rank is 3250 xp....doing it right now so I can finish doing the Renom and Than Surprise.  Mecury for some reason you need to do 4th rank instead of 3rd to advance on the Renom.    

1 person likes this

come on 250k 3 dock gives 8, 750 for 3 more 11 and 2.25 mill for dock lvl 3 to get to 14.  Then 6.75 mil lol you guys I want some of those drugs.

@admin My money didn't get taken away until after a battle. 

Edited by JobaSet

@admin Bug if you have a 1 fleet with say a merc and it happen to cap a ship. you lose both ships, and no xp and no marks... lets not forget crew loss

Edited by JobaSet

3 hours ago, JobaSet said:

come on 250k 3 dock gives 8, 750 for 3 more 11 and 2.25 mill for dock lvl 3 to get to 14.  Then 6.75 mil lol you guys I want some of those drugs.

@admin My money didn't get taken away until after a battle. 

The overall prices of everything are incredibly high in comparison with the gold you can get.

This only means one thing, grinding/farming at its best. So sad.

@Ink Sorry to mention it again (and again) but I'm still stuck in Battle Screen with no crew and a sunk ship (which in fact was a near mint one with adequate crew when battle ended)...

BIG BUG. I have F11's it.

I have 11 dock slots.

I have 3 in port.

I get the "Not enough room in docks" on the error screen.

Anyone else have this ? 

18 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Surprise needs you to unlock 3 on the Renomme, The Renomme needs you to unlock 4 on the Mercury, The Mercury needs you to unlock on the Pirvateer, The Privateer neesd you to unlock on the Lynx

thats changing today

scout ships (leading to endymion and constitution) won't require progression in the standard ship line (that leads to first rates)

5 people like this

20 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

BIG BUG. I have F11's it.

I have 11 dock slots.

I have 3 in port.

I get the "Not enough room in docks" on the error screen.

Anyone else have this ? 

slots are universal now (not per port). So if you have 20 slots they are for all the caribbean (not per port)
do you have ships in other ports that might be taking those 11 slots?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Lancella Dutch de Wildt said:

@Ink Sorry to mention it again (and again) but I'm still stuck in Battle Screen with no crew and a sunk ship (which in fact was a near mint one with adequate crew when battle ended)...

you have to delete char

but hopefully today the patch will be deployed and we will also provide xp and money again.. 

4 people like this

23 minutes ago, admin said:

you have to delete char

but hopefully today the patch will be deployed and we will also provide xp and money again.. 

Ah ok, roger! Thanks for answering :)

Edited by Lancella Dutch de Wildt

I'm going to ask a stupid question here, but what is the deal with the upgrade slots? I see people talking about levels for upgrade slots? I don't know what they are on about.
Are those about craft stuff (had to reset char so no XP or CXP so haven't crafted) or is this about the upgrades you can get on ships? Don't they come as you get XP with the ship?

I saw people setting up a chart yesterday, but I haven't got a clue what they were on about?

Edited by The Spud

7 minutes ago, The Spud said:

I'm going to ask a stupid question here, but what is the deal with the upgrade slots? I see people talking about levels for upgrade slots? I don't know what they are on about.
Are those about craft stuff (had to reset char so no XP or CXP so haven't crafted) or is this about the upgrades you can get on ships? Don't they come as you get XP with the ship?

I saw people setting up a chart yesterday, but I haven't got a clue what they were on about?

To unlock a ship knowledge slot on a certain ship (e.g. slot number 3 on the surprise) you need to also unlock those slots on the renomee. If you don't, you won't get the additional knowledge slots on the surprise.
Knowledge slots are not really upgrade slots, as you cant buy upgrades with gold and drag-drop them into the slots. However you'll be able to choose from a skill-pool once a slot is unlocked. Those 'skills' are basically the current upgrades (effect wise). Can unlock more of those by buying them in the admirality store for marks.

Edited by Liquicity
1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, The Spud said:

please don't set up charts just yet - system is evolving  - normal ships will be removed from requirements of scouts

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, admin said:

normal ships will be removed from requirements of scouts

what ships are considered normal and which are scouts? Arent you referring to the rating-system?

1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, admin said:

thats changing today

scout ships (leading to endymion and constitution) won't require progression in the standard ship line (that leads to first rates)

Good to know, I was expecting an update patch today before the weekend.  Hopefully it's more stuff to or the whole patch.   I also figure ya'll tweek it jsut as I get the Surprise unlocked in that line lol

12 minutes ago, admin said:

please don't set up charts - system is evolving

Yah I keep telling folks that all the crafting and stuff is not even in the game so don't be setting things up, this patch isn't even final and than we get to tweeking, but we did set up a fast spread sheet of the line for the unlocking that didn't take long with the info folks had.   It just makes it easier for when every thing is tweeked we will have a reforance chart for players that aren't on the testbed when the patch goes live.   

After all it's part of what we are here to do, test things.

34 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

To unlock a ship knowledge slot on a certain ship (e.g. slot number 3 on the surprise) you need to also unlock those slots on the renomee. If you don't, you won't get the additional knowledge slots on the surprise.
Knowledge slots are not really upgrade slots, as you cant buy upgrades with gold and drag-drop them into the slots. However you'll be able to choose from a skill-pool once a slot is unlocked. Those 'skills' are basically the current upgrades (effect wise). Can unlock more of those by buying them in the admirality store for marks.

actually you can buy the knowledge/skills.  You use PvE marks in the Admirality/Pirate shop and can unlock more than just the basic ones we all get from start.  Also some ships if captured will have books/notes that you can use to unlock them too.

Once I get most of my Surprise unlocked I'm going to go back to captured ships (since I won't need the XP) and do some hunting for these things.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

actually you can buy the knowledge/skills.  You use PvE marks in the Admirality/Pirate shop and can unlock more than just the basic ones we all get from start.

Said that in the last part of my first post :)

Just now, Liquicity said:

Said that in the last part of my first post :)

lol selective reading, but hay I added we can get them from drops too.  It's way to early for me to be up this morning.   Time for some coffee...

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, JobaSet said:

we found in the previous 12 months that audience accepts the reductions in requirements easier than increase in requirements. 
this is needed to control inflation - but of course we don't know yet that those numbers are final

1 hour ago, admin said:

slots are universal now (not per port). So if you have 20 slots they are for all the caribbean (not per port)
do you have ships in other ports that might be taking those 11 slots?

I also had this problem. I only had access to 2 port slots and 2 fleet slots in total (at every port). After I paid 250K to expand the port slots, it began to work correctly.