Game-Labs Forum

Ditch EU Server Idea

EU Server Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

• 1 Global Server
    • 1 Global and 1 EU

Circumstances have changed since the idea of making a global and eu server. With the changes coming to the economy and open world changes, a small number of people on each server will kill economies for smaller nations. Also, since you will have to sail ships everywhere you will more than likely only be able to attack people in your area and taking anything outside of that will be hard to do. So just merge both pvp1 and pvp2 into one global server. And no I'm not trying to stir anything or troll. Night flipping won't be a thing anymore and neither will alliances so relations between nations could change Thoughts? (Especially from Euros)

Edited by Aventador
  • Like 8

A larger player base will be necessary to test the new OW mechanics and more importantly, a player only driven economy.  Lets hope people can move past the selfish notion that the game shouldn't be played by others while they are asleep.  As the devs have acutely made aware to us, this is early access testing.  Your ports mean nothing in the big picture.  It's time to test one "large" server and give the new changes the best possible resources to succeed. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Siegfried said:

Why when someone ask for close one server, 90% of the people don't play in that server?

Is the same as the PvE server too. Nobody playing in PvE server wants close the PvE server.

Technically, no one plays on this new "EU" server.......  right?  It doesn't exist.  

@Aventador and myself both play on PVP1 EU currently FYI.

• Like 2

Splitting the population is a bad idea. Tbh port battles should be scrapped and territorial control determined by a dynamic system related to OW kills, weighted towards pvp. That will solve the issue of night flips (if it even persists) and lead to more players out in the OW. It would also be a hell of a lot more interesting.

Edited by Ratline
  • Like 2

The main problem is, that a game, that's whole content, or at least the majority of it is created by players, and the community, needs to have as much players as possible. Right now, the playerbase is ridiculously low compared to what has been there a year ago. In that circumstances, dividing the playerbase is simply stupid. If the problem is really taking ports at night, what's the problem create 6 hr windows for each nation, or something.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be happy on the EU server, especially since i'd want my sorely grinded 1st rates to fight in "normal" battles and not nightflips. Since the grind is now real for 1st rates instead of clicking build, I'm not wasting them in a fight in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

While I'm excited to see the new changes that are coming and that I have yet to get the opportunity to test on the testbed server, nothing has really changed regarding RvR and the need for a solution to the timezone issue. We had a long period of testing before the easy teleports and timezones were as great of an issue back then as it is now.

• Like 1

when i first heard that they were going to merge the server I was happy, but then i saw that they just renamed them and put some more conditions on one of the servers to avoid the bitching/complaints of night flipping etc

imo 1 server and with invulnerability timers for ports so that night flipping is not quite as easy anymore but this can be to much effort for some of us as it requires some more organization that they are willing to put time into it and then it becomes a second job and then they gonna complain/bitch again... oh noes what shall we do.

23 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Nightflips will be always an issue. Now more than ever.

Lets think about it. You set your crafting port in one region. That region gets nightfliped, dont you really see a problem here? Would you love seeing how your region of rare ressources or precious regional bonuses is taken while you are sleeping?

Now each loss will hurt more than ever.

Have you tested the economy? have you tested the overall grind of marks? Both are going to slow down the recovery of any player after a loss.

ive tested the economy, there is none. there are no materials to be found, a player has to now, open a port, build some forest, harvest them and close the port and move to another port to get more materials.

but the "nightflips" are the same regardless, you go to sleep and your port is gone, which is no different that going to work and coming home to find your port gone. but by splitting a low turnout server into 2, you now has less people on both, and less people willing to sail for hours looking for mats or ppl to engage. neither solution is going to work. if you have nobody to fight, before long 1-2 nations will rule it all and then what? cry because there is nobody to fight because all the smaller nations will just quit the game. 

Edited by airwolf666
  • Like 2

Just now, Intrepido said:

In pvp EU most nations, if not all, are small. Fighting small vs small is doable in terms of RvR. 

The unbalance occurs when big vs small, and thats why we need the alliance system.

i agree, but what if you have 2 large clan in the same nation that dont want to change nations? take for a EXAMPLE, RUS and RDNN, both are big and both are dane, if they do not wish to change nations, how long before they rule the world? a month? and before anyone starts to bitch, this was a EXAMPLE!!!

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

In pvp EU most nations, if not all, are small. Fighting small vs small is doable in terms of RvR. 

The unbalance occurs when big vs small, and thats why we need the alliance system.

It's doable now because there's an alliance system.  Back when there wasn't an alliance system the game had considerably more people.

1 minute ago, airwolf666 said:

i agree, but what if you have 2 large clan in the same nation that dont want to change nations? take for a EXAMPLE, RUS and RDNN, both are big and both are dane, if they do not wish to change nations, how long before they rule the world? a month? and before anyone starts to bitch, this was a EXAMPLE!!!

Mate, this is a sandbox game not some competitive arena shooter. Different strength in different nations are okay and even wanted.

Besides that we can always talk to other nations and try to fix problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

RDNN is not so big, I have never seen more than 7 RDNN guys in the same time in a battle during all these months. You can see the battle reports to check it.

RUS is big, maybe. But it is not a constant clan.

I highly doubt the danes could fill 2 PB after the wipe. Maybe yes, we still dont know yet.

Speaking of nations, Im quite sure the US and the GB on pvp2 are going to rule the server, and thats a EXAMPLE.

that's not an example that's a fact

Just now, Intrepido said:

Speaking of nations, Im quite sure the US and the GB on pvp2 are going to rule the server, and thats a EXAMPLE.

as far as those 2, guess we will just have to wait and see. though while Gb is big, Us is not so large. in my opinion, neither is very organized. 

6 minutes ago, airwolf666 said:

rus and rdnn together can put 1 full fleet out so we could never defend more then 1 port if the other nations judge that we have grown to big just to answer your example. i do thank you for the compliment in thinking that we could rule the the world =)   

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Numbers always win. When a nation flip you 2 PB and you can only defend 1, you will always lose 1 even if you achieved a victorious defense.

each PB is a crap shoot and anyone who has been in many will tell you the same thing. you never know who will or not show up. ive been in some that we were outnumbered and won, and others where we had the numbers and lost. its a crap shoot at best...lol

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Mate, this is a sandbox game not some competitive arena shooter. Different strength in different nations are okay and even wanted.

Besides that we can always talk to other nations and try to fix problems.

Good luck trying to talk to other nations without global  :-)

And this game is either a sandbox or it isn't.  Anything goes in the sandbox, including battles at all times.  Or is this going to be a slightly restrictive sandbox now?

• Like 3