Game-Labs Forum

Career points overhaul suggestion

Apeolis

Before I begin I'm going to say that I love this game and I loved it's predecessor, UG:G, and I'm looking forward to the day that this is finally released in it's complete form. With the necessary buttkissings out of the way here I go.

Career points are one of the best and interesting mechanics in this game in my opinion, letting you choose the direction you wish to develop your army and strategies. I am especially glad that these points do not directly effect the combat capabilities of your units, but only affect the camp/army building phase. (expect for logistics of course). Sadly, some of these are must haves while others... not so much, I rarely invest in logistics, medicine, training or economy. Why should I care about 2,5% discount on new weapons, since a point in politics brings 2,5% more money AND recruits overall.So I started thinking about how I would change these points to make them all roughly the same relevance. And these are just my opinions and suggestions, so if you have other ideas, do tell.

Politics increases the amount of recruits and reputation. 

Economy reduces the cost of weapons and amount of gold earned.

Training reduces the amount of skill loss you suffer when replenishing with rookies and cheaper veterans.

Medicine and logistics are combined to one single skill, battlefield support or something like that, increasing the amount of ammo/reducing the cost of buying supplies/increasing the size of supply wagon's aura AND increasing the amount of soldiers restored after the battle. This would represent more than just wounded soldiers coming back to combat, this would have designated stretcher bearers/casualty stations and ''military police'' rounding up stragglers, lost soldiers and deserters.

Rest of the skills I have no ideas for... now. But maybe we'll think of something