Game-Labs Forum

Vive la France- the Republic grows - PvP2/Global

Elric

When the Global server is established, the members of OMG, BORK and PURGE clans are moving to France to join the SINK clan in establishing France as a mighty republic.  Vive la France!

With these combines clans, and all the individual players committed to France, we will have 30-40 regular players or more.

We may not be as big as GB or the USA, but we will be better...  come join a nation dedicated to fighting for the just cause.

Contact myself, Bach or Teutonic to make the move.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Latron said:

Roughly how big would France be in comparison to other nations in terms of population? I was planning to join France from pirates because they usually seem to be the underdog.

Not easy to answer accurately.

PvP2 is currently split 30% USA, 25% GB, 20% Pirate, 10% Dane, then 3%-5% each of the rest.

So if 200 players are on (about the peak we've seen in recent months), that's 60 USA, 50 GB, 40 Pirate, 20 Dane, 5-10 each the other nations.

Most of the Spanish, a few from other nations are switching to France.  So that pushes France to about 25 players out of the 200.

Add PvP1 players known to be coming to France and we grow to around 35-40 players.

What is unknown is where other PvP1 players are going?  A few who were planning on coming to PvP2/Global have changed their mind (a large GB clan - Srupl's).  Some of the PvP1 from USA are coming to France - but exactly how many PvP1 players are joining Global, and which nation they'll play for is a 'little' unknown.  I am aware of some going pirate - so there will be at least 10 more pirates.

With the lack of alliances, there is a serious risk there will be dead nations - Spain, possibly Sweden.

I'm guessing a little, but I think PvP2/Global will see around 300 players split like this:

80 USA, 65 GB, 45 Pirate, 40 France, 35 Dane, 25 Dutch, 5 Swede, 5 Spain,

The USA number 'might' get inflated with numerous player alts rolling USA to get live oak.

Hold on, sruPL's clan (AHOY) has NOT decided to go to PvP EU. That post was an April fools joke. 

We have a meeting tomorrow (just our clan) to decide which nation we will go to, but we are already planning to go to PvP Global.

9 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Hold on, sruPL's clan (AHOY) has NOT decided to go to PvP EU. That post was an April fools joke. 

We have a meeting tomorrow (just our clan) to decide which nation we will go to, but we are already planning to go to PvP Global.

lol that is kind a mean joke...why would you want to do something like that to them poor EU players?  I just kid...

1 hour ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Thanks to represent our nation on pbp global. Be warned to not proclame republica, the emeror is not yet defeaded and our empire not yet ready to switch on republic!

True, actually the in-game France is the First French Empire (1804-1815). Because the flag used in-game was firstly used as an official flag under Napoleon.
Vive l'Empereur ! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_French_Empire

2 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

In French just for you:

C'est pour un second pavillon national tricolore adopté le 15 février 1794 (décret du 27 pluviôse an II) que la disposition actuelle « bleu au mât, blanc au centre, et rouge flottant » a été imaginée. L'idée est due au peintre Jacques-Louis David. Ce changement de pavillon, qui devint effectif sur les vaisseaux à partir du 20 mai 1794 (1er prairial an II), avait été effectué à la demande des marins de la flotte de guerre. Ils menaçaient en effet de se révolter parce que le pavillon national de 1790 accordait trop de place à l'uniforme de leurs officiers (le blanc) et trop peu au leur (la tenue bleue à ceinture rouge). https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapeau_de_la_France#Monarchie_constitutionnelle.2C_R.C3.A9publique.2C_Ier_Empire

I thought that it was used by the navy when Napoleon used it as a National flag and Army flag, didn't know that the navy was using it before the army, a nice little thing to know

4 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

well it was launched in 1803... still the first republic :D
And we have renommee, le gros ventre which are earlier ship... and Soon Hermione. So it's hard to pin point one particular era...

Launched in 1803 but it was only used by the First Empire, it was commissioned in 1804 and in service until Trafalgar. (23rd October 1805)

Edited by Major General La Fayette

NA timefranme : 1690-1820 +/- 10 years, that is, in France :

• about 100 years of Monarchy (1690-1793) :
    • Renommée,
    • Gros Ventre,
    • Hermione
  • about 20 years of 1st Republic (1793-1804) :
    • L'Unité (HMS Surprise in game),
    • Start of building of Le Bucentaure in 1802 from a 1787 Tonnant-class plan (right ?).
  • (only) about 10 years of 1st Empire (1804-1815)
  • about 15 years of Monarchy again (1815-1830)

Je dis ça, je dis rien... :D

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

btw the first French Navy tricolor Flag seems to date back to 1790 and the Constitutional Monarchy (ie before the 1st Republic) :) :

"Décret de l'Assemblée constituante des 24-31 octobre 1790 : est fixée la disposition des couleurs dans les différents pavillons des vaisseaux de guerre et des bâtiments de commerce : le rouge tenant au bâton, le blanc au milieu et le bleu à l'extrémité."

Source : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapeau_de_la_France

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

Et c'est inversé 4 ans plus tard :

Décret du 27 pluviôse an II (15 février 1794) : « le pavillon national sera formé des trois couleurs nationales, disposées en bandes verticalement, de manière que le bleu soit attaché à la gauche du pavillon, le blanc au milieu et le rouge flottant dans les airs ».

_____

D'ailleurs, l'inversion de 1790 se retrouve (toujours aujourd'hui) sur la cocarde. Mais une cocarde se lit de l'intérieur vers l'extérieur

http://www.megafete.be/boutique/13033-large/cocarde-tricolore-france.jpg

Louis XVI obligé de porté la cocarde tricolore (et de boire à la santé de la patrie):

Nouveau_pacte.JPG

Edited by LeBoiteux

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

NA timefranme : 1690-1820 +/- 10 years, that is, in France :

• about 100 years of Monarchy (1690-1793) :
    • Renommée,
    • Gros Ventre,
    • Hermione
  • about 20 years of 1st Republic (1793-1804) :
    • L'Unité (HMS Surprise in game),
    • Start of building of Le Bucentaure in 1802 from a 1787 Tonnant-class plan (right ?).
  • (only) about 10 years of 1st Empire (1804-1815)
  • about 15 years of Monarchy again (1815-1830)

Je dis ça, je dis rien... :D

Oui le jeu s'étend sur une longue période, mais on est obligés de prendre la plus lointaine car certes la Renommée etc. datent du Royaume de France, mais il est plus probable que la Renommée et autres aient survécu jusqu'à l'Empire plutôt que le Bucentaure ait été mis en service sous le Royaume. J'ai peut être du mal à expliquer ça mais  je pense que c'est compréhensible, la Renommée peut avoir navigué jusqu'en 1830, tandis que le Bucentaure lui ne pourrait naviguer au 18e siècle vu qu'il n'existait pas.

Après les devs ne se "mouillent" pas en ne donnant pas d'époque précise mais en laissant le jeu planer sur 2 siècles.

7 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

On a compris que tu voulais que le jeu se déroule sous l'Empire :)

Pas forcément ma période préférée...

C'est ça aussi l'intérêt d'un jeu qui ne fixe pas de date précise. On peut RP la période que l'on veut.

Je ne souhaite rien en particulier, d'ailleurs mon clan c'est l'Alliance des Corsaires Royaux, rien à voir avec l'Empire donc, je trouve juste que c'est la période la plus proche que celle proposée par le jeu.

As a previous member of Purge, I may join France. We will see. Staying pirate is very tempting as everyone is an enemy. But pretty much will be a hunter, not involved in conquest if I do roll French. :)

Edit: Love the Eastern Antilles so if I stay Pirate, watch for me in your waters. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

As a previous member of Purge, I may join France. We will see. Staying pirate is very tempting as everyone is an enemy. But pretty much will be a hunter, not involved in conquest if I do roll French. :)

Edit: Love the Eastern Antilles so if I stay Pirate, watch for me in your waters. ?

Stay pirate, we will need you.   There will be plenty of hunting to do as every one tries to get new stuff and the ball rolling.

I'm sure BLACK will have FRANCES back as well while they grow.  We tend to watch out for the little guys.  Though can't make any promises that a ship or two might not make it to port.  Those pesky storms can be bad this time of year....lol

• Like 4