Game-Labs Forum

Would there be interest in a Scotland-Irish nation.

A new Scotland-Irish nation.

Capital at Dariena.

In similar fashion to the brief Swedish foothold, under the blessings of the British, the brief Dariena foothold by the Scottish and Irish was under the patronage of the Spanish.

• Like 3

Hethwill,

Great Idea, may I suggest a tweak...

The Problems with Nations in NA is populating the smaller ones. Creating more diverse ones just dilutes the smaller ones more. However what about a "sub-Nation" that's under the larger parent like GB Nation and your Scotland-Irish one. Ned Low may want to be a Privateer a sub-set of Pirate. Portugal however would have be its full own status.

Norfolk.

• Like 1

I think what heth was suggesting is that we should consider splitting nations into smaller ones but they are all under one big flag. That way we could make even spain (which Scotland-Irish nation) would belong to appealling for more people.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aventador said:

Not a bad idea but I feel that if they added any nation it should be Portugal. Really is a shame that they're not in the game.

Cause they aren't allowed up here, they are down in Brazil/South America.  The only way I can see Portugal is as a neutral trade AI group.  Kinda like if we had actual East Indy Trade Group or something as NPC's and some of the other famous trade companies that where almost as powerful as some Nations.

3 minutes ago, Captiva said:

Since I'm of Irish-German descent, I would be tempted to fly the Irish Clover Flag.

Scottish-German here so yah I would prob be tempted to fly the flag too.   I mean we are basically brothers just a hop skip and islands apart.

Though to be honest I don't think we need any more nations.  I think the game might be better if they had basic Nation zones an d than had every thing instead broken down by Clan controls (though each clan has a parent nation).   My second pirate was Spanish when I started him, but his back story was he was Dutch that Privateer for the Spanish Monarch.  If we had a reputation system where you can use that instead of an alliance than some players can have good reputation for some nations and work with them.   Or in the OP you can have a British player/clan that has good reputation with Spanish and that is why they are working out of that region.  Able to fight for both British and Spanish.  While you might have another clan that has loyalties for both the British and US but hates Spanish.  He can fight on the Brit side as with clan B but say if US and Spanish fight each other they can find there selves on the same battle fields fighting each other even though they are both of British nation.

Yah I really think we need some type of reputation system.  So much you can do with one.

21 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Portugal however would have be its full own status.

What land would you give to Portugal? Current map is already huge enough without adding Brazil to it.

16 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Less nations and more players please.

what about summing  up nations in a mainnation and subnations. US could be a subnation of France while Dutch could be a subnation of etc. That way we reduces the overall nations but it would still be possible to add infinite nations to the game without creating underpopulated ones and it would be better game balance wise. Like I said with Heths suggestion it would make the spanish appealing for me.

Edited by z4ys

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Thanks. Why do you want to merge the Scottish and Irish nation into the one? Any reasoning behind that?

Foundation of it was simply religion wars. Obviously the Spanish saw an opportunity to have the catholic scottish and irish rovers signed up as "guarda-costas", pretty much privateers. There was little distinction but both origins banded together.

There was a expedition to bring populace and civilians to build the settlement, which they did.

2 hours ago, Snoopy said:

You Irish roleplaying lot should be rolling France. Bony will free you!

:D

That's also true. Damn NA timeframe covers a LOT of possibilities and all of them can be true to history.

( atm reading how the tiny French force in Martinique, 2 ships iirc, beat the huge dutch fleet under De Ruyter )

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

A new Scotland-Irish nation.

Capital at Dariena.

In similar fashion to the brief Swedish foothold, under the blessings of the British, the brief Dariena foothold by the Scottish and Irish was under the patronage of the Spanish.

You could also just start a "Scotch-Irish" clan under the flag of the French (as there historically was cooperation there) or under Spain or whatever nation that you desire. 

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

what about summing  up nations in a mainnation and subnations. US could be a subnation of France while Dutch could be a subnation of etc. That way we reduces the overall nations but it would still be possible to add infinite nations to the game without creating underpopulated ones and it would be better game balance wise. Like I said with Heths suggestion it would make the spanish appealing for me.

Flag customization could make this a possibility

58 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

You could also just start a "Scotch-Irish" clan under the flag of the French (as there historically was cooperation there) or under Spain or whatever nation that you desire. 

That is a perfect idea of course.

How many players would play on a new anglo-saxon nation though and diminish the natural orbiting towards Royal Navy is more of a exercise though.

1 hour ago, Chijohnaok said:

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

How many players would play on a new anglo-saxon nation though and diminish the natural orbiting towards Royal Navy is more of a exercise though.

We had a player proposal 2017 and I suggested:

On 7.2.2017 at 10:53 AM, z4ys said:

Allow Steam workshop so everyone can customize his UI to his preferred style. Like Prater did with the map.

Furthermore for customization of your own ship name. (Wouldn't harm other people while you name your ship *hello kitty Barbie boat* because they couldn't see it. But would make the roleplay customer happy)

More customization would be so awesome.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hethwill said:

There was such a promising clan :  The Auld Alliance