Game-Labs Forum

Would you like to see these weapons in Ultimate General Civil War? Let me know what you think.

Artillery/mortars
M1841 mountain howitzer
Blakely rifle cannon
24 pdr Model 1841 Coehorn Mortar
6 pdr. Wiard Rifle
12 pdr. Wiard Rifle
3-inch Armstrong
Muzzleloading Rifle
3-inch Armstrong
Breechloading Rifle
30 pdr. Parrott Rifle

Rifles/muskets/carbines
Springfield Model 1847 musketoon
Pattern 1861 Enfield musketoon
Frank Wesson Rifles
Volcanic Carbine
Joslyn rifle
Tarpley carbine
Merrill carbine
Gallager carbine
Sharps & Hankins Model 1862 Carbine
Colt 1861 Special Musket
US Model 1816 By Pomeroy Converted To Percussion Dated 1837
Remington (U.S.) Model 1863 Zouave" Percussion Rifle
Amoskeag Special Model 1861 Musket 

We already have the 6pdr Wiard, Pattern 1861 Enfield, and the Frank Wesson carbine.

Though honestly, adding more weapons and making them unique is a bit difficult.  Nearly all the cavalry carbines right now are utterly pointless because their nearly stats are bettered by other carbines that are also cheaper.

• Like 1

Just now, The Soldier said:

We already have the 6pdr Wiard, Pattern 1861 Enfield, and the Frank Wesson carbine.

Though honestly, adding more weapons and making them unique is a bit difficult.  Nearly all the cavalry carbines right now are utterly pointless because their nearly stats are bettered by other carbines that are also cheaper.

I accidently copied the 6pdr Wiard and the 12pdr together and the musketoon version of the Enfield 1861 both rifle (3 band rifle and 2 band musketoon) is not in the game as for the carbines would just be more interesting options to have.

20 minutes ago, The Soldier said:

The 1861 Enfield carbine is in the game, it's a Cavalry carbine that the Confederates can buy.

Not really supporting more weapons until the game can make the current ones have a point.

1861 is not available for skirmisher's and infantry which have both used along with the three band rifle variant and I did use "future request". 

17 minutes ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

I love detailed historic information on period era weapons. Weapons museum? Yes, please. 

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again; the beauty of this game is simplicity, add too many more layers/weapons/options and you kill that which makes this game special. 

But if you are outnumbered 5-1 and your only chance is your Brigade equipment, range, and damage mixed with their experience it helps turn the tide especially when on Hard/Legend where the enemy has weapons two years ahead.

If you have 10 types of rifles with 400 of each in the armory, you have nothing.  If you have 1 type of rifle with 4,000 in the armory, you have enough to equip two 2,000 man brigades.  So I think having too many weapon types will make it harder to keep units up to strength, unless the game provides so many of each that it makes the camp irrelevant, and there won't even be a point in having any of the lesser quality weapons included in that case.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hardcase726 said:

But if you are outnumbered 5-1 and your only chance is your Brigade equipment, range, and damage mixed with their experience it helps turn the tide especially when on Hard/Legend where the enemy has weapons two years ahead.

No. adding more weapons just compounds the problem. It doesn't solve the one you describe. 

Hard/Legendary assumes they have more men / better weapons. If you enhance your own weapons, you are enhancing theirs more. 

And, by diluting the pool with way more weapons, as Sandford described, you're going to have 100 of this and 250 of that and not enough to make a full unit of anything. 

18 minutes ago, Fred Sanford said:

If you have 10 types of rifles with 400 of each in the armory, you have nothing.  If you have 1 type of rifle with 4,000 in the armory, you have enough to equip two 2,000 man brigades.  So I think having too many weapon types will make it harder to keep units up to strength, unless the game provides so many of each that it makes the camp irrelevant, and there won't even be a point in having any of the lesser quality weapons included in that case.

Yes. 

Exactly.