Game-Labs Forum

Overland Campaign officer casualties are ridiculously high

Wright29

I know these were historically incredibly bloody battles, but I feel the officer casualty rate has been stepped up for these scenarios. Before Cold Harbor, I have on Easy 8 wounded officer and 2 KIA, Normal 10 with another 4 KIA, Hard 8 with 3 KIA but haven't done Laurel Hill, and Legendary I've only done Mansfield but that was 3 WIA and 1 KIA. 

Combined with getting no reputation generals available due to the bug and relatively poor draws of Barracks generals, it's been pretty brutal. 

Has anybody else had this problem? 

Wounded Generals.png

Wounded Generals 2.png

17 hours ago, Wright29 said:

I know these were historically incredibly bloody battles, but I feel the officer casualty rate has been stepped up for these scenarios. Before Cold Harbor, I have on Easy 8 wounded officer and 2 KIA, Normal 10 with another 4 KIA, Hard 8 with 3 KIA but haven't done Laurel Hill, and Legendary I've only done Mansfield but that was 3 WIA and 1 KIA. 

Combined with getting no reputation generals available due to the bug and relatively poor draws of Barracks generals, it's been pretty brutal. 

Has anybody else had this problem? 

Wounded Generals.png

Wounded Generals 2.png

I rather think officer casualties are a reflection of battlefield casualties. The higher the casualties, the higher the officer count. 

So, when you get into the abattoir of Cold Harbor, some guys are going to die. Lots of them. More than I care to count. There is a reason that name sent a shiver of fear down the Union spine every time it was mentioned. 

• 2 weeks later...