Game-Labs Forum

Not a single casualty if we don't count a canon that exploded by itself, causing 1 death and some injuries.

I think i might have read that a cow was killed too but i may misremember and cannot find that online.

QkVaGVd.gif

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

47 minutes ago, william1993 said:

Wright29, is this a joke? what are you talking about?

Well, the Battle of Fort Sumter is a bit unbalanced.  The player only gets a few cannon while the Confederate AI gets 200+ guns to bombard the crap out of your fort.  Furthermore, it's absolutely impossible to get the achievement where you lose no men. :)

Edited by The Soldier

1 hour ago, william1993 said:

Wright29, is this a joke? what are you talking about?

I think he's imagining the response to having a Fort Sumter scenario.  

I don't see the point of a Fort Sumter scenario.  It was pretty much a bombardment by the CSA, not an actual battle.  So not much to do for either side. Perhaps OP didn't know that.

2 hours ago, Fred Sanford said:

I think he's imagining the response to having a Fort Sumter scenario.  

I don't see the point of a Fort Sumter scenario.  It was pretty much a bombardment by the CSA, not an actual battle.  So not much to do for either side. Perhaps OP didn't know that.

oh. I thought he just came out of nowhere complaining about the game.

I agree, Fort Sumter is pointless.  they shoot it up and it ends.  There was no pitched battle

23 hours ago, Wandering1 said:

Sarcasm is hard on the internet. 

But let me help add to the sarcasm:

Tutorial didn't give me enough npc cannons to sacrifice to feed my own stocks after battle. /cry.

You mean when you do a mass charge with your scenario-provided cannons they don't win the melee? Noob! 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 1:16 PM, Wandering1 said:

Sarcasm is hard on the internet. 

But let me help add to the sarcasm:

Tutorial didn't give me enough npc cannons to sacrifice to feed my own stocks after battle. /cry.

What?  A handful of 6-pounder Wiards doesn't solve your hunger for a full battery of 25-pdr howitzers? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

What?  A handful of 6-pounder Wiards doesn't solve your hunger for a full battery of 25-pdr howitzers? 

The Wiard guns were actually some of the best artillery produced in the war. It kind of irks me that they are speced so low in the game

2 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

25 Pdr might be a bit of a stretch.   Given we only have 24 Pdrs in game. ;)

What?  A full battery of QF 25-PDR British Field Guns in the middle of a Civil War battlefield doesn't seem right to you? 

Go figure. 

The Soldier suggested I stop playing Steel Division and keep on task back here at home. I am getting my ordnance confused. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

25 Pdr might be a bit of a stretch.   Given we only have 24 Pdrs in game. ;)

Naw, nothin' like proper British artillery Quick-Firing 25-Pounder howitzers 60 years ahead of time to pound the enemy to a fine paste. :D

Edited by The Soldier
  • Like 1