Game-Labs Forum

Try this if you have freeze

Nick Thomadis

If you noticed freezes during a battle session we strongly advise to do the following procedures:

Update your video card drivers

Essential clean-up of game folder
If you experience issues and you want to re-install the game, please proceed first to a clean up of the game folder:

8zmoIX.jpg

Step 1
Go to the Steam Library => Right click on "Ultimate General: Gettysburg" => Select “Properties”

89SEds.jpg

Step 2
In the pop-up window, go to “Local Files” tab => Click “Browse Local Files”.

xyCCR1.jpg

Step 3
You are now in the game's installation folder. Select and delete all files and folders.

m8IuVS.jpg

Step 4
Delete local content via the Steam automated process (Step 3 ensures that Steam does not leave any left overs).

Step 5
Right click on the game again in Steam library and re-install.

Step 6 (Only for Windows systems)
After installation, go into game folder as described in step 2 => Select game executables (single and multiplayer) => Right mouse button click and select "Properties" => Go into compatibility tab => Disable check box in compatibility mode panel if it is enabled.

(Optional for Windows systems) Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
This package is needed for many windows applications and your system may not have it properly installed. It is usually installed automatically after an installation of a game, but maybe something went wrong and you need to manually install.

8zmoIX.jpg

Step 1
Go to the Steam Library => Right click on "Ultimate General: Gettysburg" => Select “Properties”

89SEds.jpg

Step 2
In the pop-up window, go to “Local Files” tab => Click “Browse Local Files”.

post-42-0-01492400-1416653982.jpg

Step 3
Open folder "_CommonRedist".

post-42-0-19223600-1416653985.jpg
Step 4
Go to folder "vcredist" and then open folder "2010"

post-42-0-49550500-1416653987.jpg
Step 5
If your system is 64 bit then run vcredist_x64.exe else run vcredist_x86.exe and follow the instructions

Use alternative render
Launch game via the Steam client and choose Alternative render.

post-42-0-58967000-1416654459.jpg

Please let us know if the problem is fixed. We continue to research the matter why some Windows systems are having those freezes.

post-42-0-01492400-1416653982_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-19223600-1416653985_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-49550500-1416653987_thumb.jpg

post-42-0-58967000-1416654459_thumb.jpg

UGG Team,

Can you give mac instructions for this step:

"Step 6 

After installation, go into game folder as described in step 2 => Select game executables (single and multiplayer) => Right mouse button click and select "Properties" => Go into compatibility tab => Disable check box in compatibility mode panel if it is enabled."

I am on Yosemite. 

Thanks!

I had 4-7 Lockups/freezes on custom/campaign. But having run the file (64 bit vcredist_x64.exe ) 'Seems' to have halted

/stopped any freezes so far played through campaign,,1x each side/few custom maps ,,just a couple

​momentary hiccups seen, hardly noticeable,,,,

• 3 months later...

i'm still having freezes.  even after completing the instructions above.

i have a mac desktop, os 10.6.8, nvidia ge force 8800 gs graphics card.  resolution capable of 1920 x 1200 but i'm only using 1024 x 640 as suggested.

very frustrating.  please fix it.  thanks.

• 6 months later...

I have a MacBook running OS X 10.10 and I have tried playing in windowed format and unwind owed and I freeze up regardless after maybe five minutes of play.  The game looks great and I can't wait to play but it the freeze ups are frustrating.  The only way to recover is to shut the Mac down and reboot. Please get a fix soon!

I have a MacBook running OS X 10.10 and I have tried playing in windowed format and unwind owed and I freeze up regardless after maybe five minutes of play.  The game looks great and I can't wait to play but it the freeze ups are frustrating.  The only way to recover is to shut the Mac down and reboot. Please get a fix soon!

Hi and sorry that you anticipate problems with the game.

Most users that had the same issue had system of lower specifications than advised.

Can you share what are your system specs, besides the OS?