Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Pirates Stronghold

Hello Pirates,

You maybe be know that because of their legal notices devs announced that they wont broadcast informations about players with the API.

For this reason, and to know how many pirates we are and the number of clans we have, and also because i'm a real NA-fan, i release few days ago a landing page dedicated to the pirates community.

At the moment Pirates are able to search a clan, a pirate, a manufacturer of ships and report his arrival to port (A pirate is considered alive as soon as he points out to the port at least once every 30 days and will be considered lost at sea at the end of the 31st day and missing after 60 days.). With this feature we will know who is active or not.

You are all (Pirates only) invited to register and join the Naval Action Pirates Post.

I hope u will enjoy.

Naval Action Pirates Post is online via http://naval-action.arcantia.net

o7

PS: I'm looking for someone able to translate the website in German. If you can help here is the file to translate. Cheers.

lang_en.php

Edited by zyzko
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pagan Pete said:

Wont let me register, Says my country is missing. Who stole my country?

hello did u select your country, i mean one of the last field to click, the one with flags list ?

That flags list is to know what is your fisrt language and not related to ingame countries.

Edited by zyzko
more info

21 minutes ago, rediii said:

Republic of pirates is missing. :D 

Nice incentive

My dear :D Republic of Nassau is like the morning breeze, it is revealed where dissent begins, and according to our spies sweden is not spared :D

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Passwords are not covered and secured more or less.

Just add the type="password" missing on fields, it's covered now, forgot it.

Password storage has no encryption so use a trashlone password,

Edited by zyzko
none

Guest sruPL
3 minutes ago, zyzko said:

Just add the type="password" missing on fields, it's covered now, forgot it.

Password storage has no encryption so use a trashlone password,

Trashlone? No idea what's that, but it's sad that there is no encryption.

Just now, sruPL said:

Trashlone? No idea what's that, but it's sad that there is no encryption.

I mean a standalone password, do not use your primary password.

I will change it soon and add a sha1/salt encryption

On 05/04/2017 at 7:44 PM, JollyRoger1516 said:

You might wanna specify the server location (i.e. I am a pirate on the PvE server but Brit on the others).

I have no clue about webpage translation but if you give me the lines you want translated into German in a word/pdf document I'd go through that for you.

You right.

I'v made some change, it's now possible to register up to 3 characters, 1 by server.

I have also improved security, password are now encrypt inside the database. To do that i did a reset on the databse so you have to register again.

It's possible that some bugs still exist, if you find one please send me a PM,

About German translation here is a text file in english, ty for your help.

o7

lang_en.txt

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You should make an option to list level 50 crafter cause I'm not going through that list and click on all them.

I got the my country isn't there error too.

There's an option via the link "Manufacturers of Ships" where you can select a server and the ship you are looking for, it returns all characters able to craft that ship.

I'm searching now where could be the bug with flags. it occurs with people and not with others, looks strange, let me know if you find any clue.

Cheers

On 4/7/2017 at 6:20 AM, zyzko said:

There's an option via the link "Manufacturers of Ships" where you can select a server and the ship you are looking for, it returns all characters able to craft that ship.

I'm searching now where could be the bug with flags. it occurs with people and not with others, looks strange, let me know if you find any clue.

Cheers

For the ships make one more option Level 50 Crafter so folks know they will have all the common BP's.  After the patch every one gets those.  The ones that should be selected are the rare ones.  That will free up most to just click on a few ships and not have to click on a ton.

22 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

For the ships make one more option Level 50 Crafter so folks know they will have all the common BP's.  After the patch every one gets those.  The ones that should be selected are the rare ones.  That will free up most to just click on a few ships and not have to click on a ton.

I understand now, gonna see what i can do to add that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I tried to make the similar problem like your and followed to your advice. I'v made some change, it's now possible to register up to 5 characters, 2 by server.

I have also improved security, password are now encrypt inside the database with some password tools that has lots of open source and free. And The Most Secure Password Manager is one password program in my device of this proceed. Another Safest Password Manager  I used in my windows PC and iOS device

To do that i did a reset on the databse so you have to register again.

It's possible that some bugs still exist, if you find one please send me a PM,

About German translation here is a text file in english, ty for your help.

Hello Captains

We would like to remind everyone entering passwords into the external sites - remember it might be not safe and you don't know the intentions of the person collecting the data. Please use passwords not related to your passwords on steam or GL forums. (also enable double authentication on steam as soon as possible). 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

We would like to remind everyone entering passwords into the external sites - remember it might be not safe and you don't know the intentions of the person collecting the data. Please use passwords not related to your passwords on steam or GL forums. (also enable double authentication on steam as soon as possible). 

Unique passwords everywhere, randomly generated, i recommend lastpass, which supports 2 factor auth and can be country restricted too  among tons of other options ( like having your passwords avaialble to someone if you die, for gaming buddies or familly finances ) Cross platform and cloud based.  And change your lastpass password regularly as well. It's not perfect but it's the best user-friendly option around.

( If you want perfection go for bruce schneir ( i can never spell it right ) password manager, but it's obviously local and not cloud based, unless you go around via dropbox or some personal cloud... )

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard