Game-Labs Forum

Tools to make PvP events more enjoyable

Haven't we all been in the following situation at least once?:
Sailing around in the pvp event area, looking for someone to fight. But you don't find anything. Nada. After 30 minutes you decide to sail back to port.

My suggestion:
Add a player-counter when being in the zone (similar to H1Z1's remaining players display),

095a2123705efb9f382345e0f440446a.png

so you can see if there is anyone else around and you're not just wasting time. Maybe even have some sort of indicator that shows you the direction of the closest enemy every 5 minutes or something.

It's not 'realistic', but gameplay fun > realism. Noone likes wasting time. I also do hope this problem will solve itself once the playernumbers go back up.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 9

I thought my player count was number on server....the whole server s my PvP event grounds...lol

Though I know one thing that might attract more players is by restricting the deep water one to 4th rates and below.  Gives more the average players a chance to get into the fights and not be ganked by a bunch of SOL's.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Haven't we all been in the following situation at least once?:
Sailing around in the pvp event area, looking for someone to fight. But you don't find anything. Nada. After 30 minutes you decide to sail back to port.

My suggestion:
Add a player-counter when being in the zone (similar to H1Z1's remaining players display),

Hide contents

095a2123705efb9f382345e0f440446a.png

so you can see if there is anyone else around and you're not just wasting time. Maybe even have some sort of indicator that shows you the direction of the closest enemy every 5 minutes or something.

It's not 'realistic', but gameplay fun > realism. Noone likes wasting time. I also do hope this problem will solve itself once the playernumbers go back up.

You are just too good, Liquicity. I have come out to fight you a couple of times at least, but always got sunk. The others are afraid of losing, or losing their ship and officer, I guess. See you in combat next time. May the best captain win.