Game-Labs Forum

Chaotic Boarding Battle On A Beach

MajorGosnell

Quite possibly the most chaotic and confusing battle i have taken part in.Early on it looked like i would miss the bulk of the battle.Then at 27:55 it all went pear shaped,with what can only be described as a pile up of ships on the beach,each one frantically boarding his neighbour,and then,there was poor old Lord Jules,who managed to completely drydock his ship,whilst shooting his cannons vertically.

• Like 1

Guest sruPL

1. Enemy surrenders in boarding with 0 morale only on attack.

2. 41:00 you could just easly brake and reverse. 

3. I think you shoot too much anything you can, without value. shooting sails, bad angles etc. with the idea "shoot just anything, anytime". A good broadside can cause more destruction and several badly aimed / used.

4. During boarding Mutant, he was terrible in boarding, but if you wanna disangage, go for defend option before and don't mess too much with muskets / deck guns / grenades. During disangaging I would only recommend Brace / Defend to limit the casualties.

5. After boarding (47:00) you forget to turn on sailing

Hope this helps you o7

Big ships next to land can suck.  We had a big brawl like that a while back and some one got lit on fire and it didn't turn out very well for any one....

On thing that drives me nuts when I watch other folks videos and I'm not even the greatest at this game, but do you guys know what F5 does right along with F1-4?  I hardly ever see these guys turn off there off side decks they aren't using.  He would have faster reload, better sail response and faster board preparation and other things if he didn't have all his guns maned at all times.

I think one of the biggest complaints on boarding from folks is cause they have no clue about how to do it and get the best reponce from each action and counter action.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

and maybe use a little more the 3rd person view as well as the map to get a better situation of the battle.

Map, sure, but first person mode is boss and I commend anyone who uses it ^^ 18th century camera drones be damned

16 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

On thing that drives me nuts when I watch other folks videos and I'm not even the greatest at this game, but do you guys know what F5 does right along with F1-4?  I hardly ever see these guys turn off there off side decks they aren't using.  He would have faster reload, better sail response and faster board preparation and other things if he didn't have all his guns maned at all times.

Agreed, F5 is your friend, particularly if you've lost a chunk of your crew.

19 hours ago, Aegir said:

Map, sure, but first person mode is boss and I commend anyone who uses it ^^ 18th century camera drones be damned

Try it in a gunboat in a big ship battle. You never notice just how big all them ships are when your just trying to beam down on them with that forward cannon and not to get crushed.  I know some one that tried it with me and got motion sickness....lol