Game-Labs Forum

I like to have a fair bit or arty, and don't like massive army organisation. My ideal corps is 4 divisions and 20 brigades, and on average I like to have per standard division :

- 3 infantry brigades with 1 elite infantry brigade  (2 or 3*) and 2 bigger more basic ones (say 1500 and 2000/2000) + 2*12 cannons (one smoothbore and one rifle)

Usually one division per corps will have a rifle cavalry unit in lieu of an arty and sometimes I have a division with 4 infantry brigades instead of 3.

Then in my second corps I usually have one all cav division (with 3 rifle and 2 melee for example) led By Stuart to play that big sweeping cavalry movement to distract the ennemy or pick up stragglers or arty. It works better in the second corps as it is more often comes as reinforcement or plays in more open ground (Sunken road and plain in Antietam, southern part of Fredericksburg, etc).

On 4/3/2017 at 3:12 AM, Hardcase726 said:

army-organization.thumb.png.e0698baff59db529be632f66318ff263.png

A vicious assault by an army of Lego bricks. My counter would be to use guerilla units of Duplo to hide behind enemy lines whilst flanking them with my regiments of Lego Technic before finally doing a full frontal assault with brigades of Lego Juniors because f@@k lego Juniors.

On a related note Darth may want to pitch Ultimate General: Lego to someone. Could be some bank in that.

• Like 2

I would like to point out that in certain missions, you want LARGER divisions. Eg. Cold Harbour. If you're union, you want that first divisiion in your first corps to be max sized... just to hold the bloody point.

I'm going to do with same with my confederate playthrough so I can take the damn point on the first day... i don't want to fight a loooooonnnnnng as battle. 

Edit: MY COLD HARBOUR STRATEGY WORKED!!! Yeah, basically you can weight your 1st division really heavily so you can blast certain Grand Campaign battles in the first day. Cough, Gettysburg, Cough, Cold Harbour (and possibly Chancelloresville).

Edited by vren55

Infantry. Infantry, infantry, and more infantry. Occasionally, if I'm feeling reckless, I might even throw in a few brigades of infantry. 

But seriously, I always have divisions of 5 infantry brigades and 1 artillary brigade.  I never even mess around with cavalry or skirmishes. 

Maybe it's a terrible idea, but it's served me well up through Antietam on my first legendary CSA campaign.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Albert Sidney Johnston said:

Infantry. Infantry, infantry, and more infantry. Occasionally, if I'm feeling reckless, I might even throw in a few brigades of infantry. 

But seriously, I always have divisions of 5 infantry brigades and 1 artillary brigade.  I never even mess around with cavalry or skirmishes. 

Maybe it's a terrible idea, but it's served me well up through Antietam on my first legendary CSA campaign.

I think this is the simplest way to do things.  The reason I want something like an artillery division or cav division is more so I could move them quickly in a group during battle.  It isn't an issue to spread them out but most of the time I like to concentrate my corps artillery at a good spot.  Would be simpler if I could have it as a division, even if I only get 2 of 4 brigades in a scenario.

• Like 1