Game-Labs Forum

No Multiplayer in future confirmed by Dartis.

4 hours ago, william1993 said:

good.  not everyone can and wants to do multiplayer.  Some people just want to sit and play the game without having to worry about servers  and extra people playing.

"I don't personally need this particulary feature, so I don't want anyone else to have it either"

3 minutes ago, Lillibullero said:

"I don't personally need this particulary feature, so I don't want anyone else to have it either"

I mean its not so much that as much as I want other features over mp, so if they need to not do mp to get those features I am ok with that.

3 hours ago, Lillibullero said:

I didn't say that I don't think we should ever have it.  I just said that I am fine without it because I like playing the game without being dependent on an internet connection and other people

This has been discussed at length in the Tester forum. Basically, almost no one played the multiplayer for UG:G, we're talking like 5%. While the single player was a huge hit, the multiplayer just didn't have the same staying power. The numbers rapidly dwindled, and UG:G essentially became an awesome single player game. For UG:CW, implementation of a multiplayer system would be extremely taxing for the developers, eat up months of time and resources, and necessitate the allocation of time and resources necessary to finishing and refining the game. All of this for a service which, objectively, over 90% of players did not even try once in the previous game. This really is a case of making the single player the best possible experience it can be in service to the overwhelming majority of the user base. UG:CW can only be as big as it is, and improved over its predecessor as it is, by allocating all resources to the Single Player features.

Its great for me, since I now have an excuse to avoid getting whipped online by the pros ;) lolol. 

Also, @Nick Thomadis, I hope this is all stuff I'm allowed to say...please don't Force choke me...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Albert Sidney Johnston said:

I'm CSA to the bone, but I like A&W... I don't think I can ever eat there again without feeling really traitorous now...

More root beer and Uncle Burgers for the Federals! It truly is a Perfect Union...

• Like 1

This is Texas. We have Whataburger, thank you very much. 

Houston is known for its food, we have a great variety of it; fast, medium and slow dining. 

And, growing up, stopping at the A&W was a great treat back when they had the ORIGINAL root beer for which they were famous. Now the closest one is run by Pakistanis and it's basically inedible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Mercanto said:

Unionists clearly prefer A&W

Well there ya go.   Now ya know I'm not a unionist.   :D

But I clearly enjoy a good draught of A&W root beer with my Arby's sandwiches.

Edited by A. P. Hill
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

This is Texas. We have Whataburger, thank you very much. 

Houston is known for its food, we have a great variety of it; fast, medium and slow dining. 

Man, you guys are overstocked for great food in the USA. I haven't even heard of half the restaurants you folks have!

No fair...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

Well there ya go.   Now ya know I'm not a unionist.   :D

But I clearly enjoy a good draught of A&W root beer with my Arby's sandwiches.

Lol tbh, all jokes aside, I could never get into Arby's myself. I tried it once, just didn't scour I suppose. :P 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

That's what you get for putting gravy on fries and calling it Haute Cuisine!

I will not countenance the besmirchment of my nation's great national treasure! My Moose Cavalry stand ready. Beavers have constructed our abatis. You stand no chance, sir. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Mercanto said:

I will not countenance the besmirchment of my nation's great national treasure! My Moose Cavalry stand ready. Beavers have constructed our abatis. You stand no chance, sir. 

The only guy I know who rides a Moose into combat was born in Houston, he won't fight again' us. 

Image result for thranduil on a moose