Game-Labs Forum

Can we get confirmation on alliances please!

monk33y

Devs and mods, 

Today the admin stated that alliances will be removed when we get the wipe. 

Could we get a public announcement or @adminto confirm this as I feel it will effect what nations we play for and on which server we play.

Thanks in advance! 

Ps how's the kick-starter going?

Edited by monk33y

2 hours ago, Forphuxakes said:

Remove them all, look how bullshit the PvP2 server is right now, +60% is the mega Alliance(GB+US+DUTCH)...

Pirates were 20% and we had to fight for long hours to take back a small number of ports, we cannot have every clan members sitting on Naval Action 12 hours each day because we all have lifes...Not to mention how much 12 hours burns people out on the game.

I wish they do this in a hotfix like the did with the battle timers.  Would be nice to let every nation fight each other up till the patch.   Notice they are doing the same thing they did before the regional patch was dropped and every one took a break.  They are trying to roll all the ports.  I guess it will make them feel better before they have to face the reality they won't be top dog any more and have folks to fight after the patch...lol

Devs also stated that they might turn it back on for small nations after a while.  Remember this is testing folks, so lets test things.  Maybe we will get a good balance for most of the nations that alliances won't generally be needed other than the verbal type that Pirates have to use all ready.

Also I think it will give eu players a new choice to the server they were going to play on. Before the eu server was going to be mainly eastern (school/work hrs attacks) as most western players were going to go onto the global server.

If this no allies is correct I also expect pirates to see there numbers rise again 

I'm OK with alliances going away - but there are still a huge number of unknowns that may influence who plays where.

• What regions will each nation start with?  When regions were introduced, Denmark and Sweden had virtually no crafting resources.  If you cannot ally, you cannot setup outposts and buildings in other nation ports.  This is a HUGE disadvantage.
  • What happens with battle entry timers and who can join on which side also plays a huge part.  If battles instantly close, then other nations will not be able to join and help in battles.  If all PB's are going to be 1 nation against 1 nation, the larger nations are likely to wipe the map quickly.  Screening can only stop so many ships entering a PB. 
Edited by ElricTheTwo

10 minutes ago, Kpt Lautenschlaeger said:

Just as long as we get a bit of advance notice before alliances are switched pre-wipe (if that should be the case). I have over half my outposts in allied ports, would be a bummer to lose everything parked there...  :rolleyes:

Your going to loose every thing in the wipe any way.  Though I would be honest I think since they are doing this 5 min timer thing they should break all alliances until the patch and turn it off to let every one fight every one and just burn through ships and mates over the next three weeks.