Game-Labs Forum

Crafting and blueprint changes

1 hour ago, admin said:

Here is a short update on ship crafting and crafting XP

There will be no more dropped rare blueprints.
Crafting XP will only be granted for crafting ships

Ships BP will be split into two groups

1) Available - most ships that unlock based on rank (not based on grind)
2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

Certain high level ships will require admiralty items for construction (available from admiralties for marks) for every ship built. 

As a result. All ships (except for developer gift ships or potentially 2-3 premium vessels) will be available to all players with clear way to receive them based on their effort (and not luck).

Crafting XP from Trade missions?

12 minutes ago, Remus said:

At the moment (ignoring mods which I have never looked at as I knew they were vanishing:

• Farming resources gives nothing
  • Making most intermediate items gives between 0.25 and 1 XP per labour hour
  • Making ships gives 2.4 XP/LH

Since only making ships requres XP it shouldn't matter too much if XP is only gained from making ships, but I'll reserve final judgement till we've seen it in action.

Ships give you the most xp as you get 362 for a Lynx 4694 for 1st rates.  So ship building is all ways going to give you the most crafting xp.  You did forget delivery missions which give you 50 xp and crafting xp a pop. And yah it's about 1 xp per most mats you make.  Mods where something like 10-75xp a pop when you make them so they really didn't give you much. It was all ways about making ships so that hasn't changed by what we have heard.  Though the amount of xp might of changed you earn as they have tweeked the system.  We won't know for sure until the patch gets to testbed.

Now what I'm wondering about will we still get xp from ships we crafted for others and they used?  Not that it matters if your RA and maxed out, and not that they changed the officer perk thing you don't need that extra xp other than for leveling up your chars Rank.

1 hour ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

so people with alts will just farm admiralty marks off them and have all the best stuff?

I'm more worried about the ability to trade PVE marks for PVP marks as it is currently possible on the testbed server. If this is not well balanced, we might see everyone just grinding PVE like mad again to get the best stuff, before they try any pvp.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

That sounds very interesting - like special recipes from factions for doing stuff for them, a la WoW.  I could see different nation vessels restricted in such a manner.

This Powderhorn is my guy!

Yes, restricting availability of ships is the way to go, increasing replayabilitiy / historical gameplay and immersion. As there is no big difference at 1st rates in Port Battles, at least their restriction could be tested. Make nations "unique" this way and don´t listen to the "I want all ships"-faction. If they want all ships available, go and get them!

Edited by Wilson09

As a developer I´d do it anyway. Santissima exclusive to Spanish only

This would boost my company revenue as many bought ALT accounts just to get the SANTI at their Spanish account....

Think it this way... equal access to all the ships....can be done by Small Battles (free for all ships) or Duels with no effect.

On the other hand...THERE IS EQUAL ACCESS to all ships already. GO and CAPTURE them. Why craft all?

I never crafted a SANTI but bought them or captured an AI SANTI.

Why craft for all?

SANTI is Spanish, finito of discussion....

3 minutes ago, Wilson09 said:

This would boost my company revenue as many bought ALT accounts just to get the SANTI at their Spanish account....

Think it this way... equal access to all the ships....can be done by Small Battles (free for all ships) or Duels with no effect.

On the other hand...THERE IS EQUAL ACCESS to all ships already. GO and CAPTURE them. Why craft all?

Why craft for all?

Before agreeing or not I would like to know if there's any ships to fill in that kind of role on other nations, like the Seven Provinces :)

• Like 1

ofc not. I posted it somewhere else. As long as there is no 1st rate Dutch ship, access to the L Ocean would do for the Dutch, likweise for the Danish or Swedes.

It is not perfect but, in any case there is a restriction and more incentive to get those ships on the sea...

12 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Until there are a couple more 1st and 2nd rates I am against making them nation specific.

I would like to see some vanilla ships to fill in a few of those gaps. Also more variations in port battles where we can get newer players more active in such activities rather than being excluded.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Serk said:

I'm more worried about the ability to trade PVE marks for PVP marks as it is currently possible on the testbed server. If this is not well balanced, we might see everyone just grinding PVE like mad again to get the best stuff, before they try any pvp.

Yah I don't think they should be tradeable.  Maybe the rewards you can trade, but not the marks.

4 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

This is going to drive the "Everyone should have equal access to all the ships" crowd nuts...  Cue the outrage in 3.....2......1......

I'm tired of the modern kids that want every thing every one else has.  It's the fault of these scoreless sport games and every one gets a trophy/ribbon crap.    I'm sorry you can get every ship if you want, you just have to do the missions and content to get them just like in every other game out there.

3 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Before agreeing or not I would like to know if there's any ships to fill in that kind of role on other nations, like the Seven Provinces :)

Yah right now other than say the Pirate Frigate there is not enough ships to go around to start making them nation only tied in crafting.   I do think the Pirate Frigate should be a Pirate only craft-able ship.  You still ca capture them and buy them, but they should be a Pirate only craft-able ship.  It's kinda hinted at cause the BP is in the Pirates Shop so maybe this will be the only way to get the BP is as a pirate, but I think it should be made none tradable.  Pirates all ready got so many restrictions and pretty much zero perks for being pirates.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wilson09 said:

Why craft for all?

Nice meme, not like the French share their Óceans and the Brits their Victories with you. Really selfish.

9 hours ago, Serk said:

Simple solutiion: PVE marks buy only "PVE oriented ships" (slow, stiff, armored), PVP marks buy only "PVP oriented ships" (fast, nible, high damage output)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buba Smith said:

This is a long shot but, will we get credit for previous builds?

Admiralty blueprints, you mean? It seems not as other threads have been pretty clear that blueprints will be wiped.

You'll keep you xp (as things currently stand) so you'll get all the ordinary blueprints depending on your level.

Ships for which you need admiralty items for construction, you'll need a new set of items for each ship.

39 minutes ago, victor said:

Simple solutiion: PVE marks buy only "PVE oriented ships" (slow, stiff, armored), PVP marks buy only "PVP oriented ships" (fast, nible, high damage output)

Look, I'm new to this game, but I rather thought stiff and armoured was exactly what you want for port battles.

I haven't seen anyone clamouring for slow ships, be they PvE, PvP or RvR; trade, crafting or combat orientated players. But I suppose PvP hunters need their prey to be slow just to make sure they get their kill fix for the day.

However, I have no disagreement with PvE and PvP marks buying different types of ships. You can have your Monitor and I'll have my tea clipper.

52 minutes ago, victor said:

In other games the PvE Ships where trader/merchant ships while the PvP where warships.  So this would make since.  Kinda wish we can get a better combo ship that falls into the better gun large merchant ships.  Maybe not as much cargo space as say an Indianman, but more guns to put it in the SOL class, but this would mean we need some proper loot changing hands at battles and some things where you might need such like the Trader class chars had a SOL for port battles that could double as a merchant ships on POTBS.   

Ships BP will be split into two groups

1) Available - most ships that unlock based on rank (not based on grind)
2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

based on rank(Battle xp rank?) = means the craft xp is for what?

will the Admiralty Ships flooding the market? especially the portbattle player will get them much..

how can we build "fine" ships with good building like fast or strong hulls? We need the region? Get notes for Regions, are they tradeable?

crafting must be worthwhile for the effort

18 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

That sounds very interesting - like special recipes from factions for doing stuff for them, a la WoW.  I could see different nation vessels restricted in such a manner.

I didn't catch that the first time I read it and now I'm thinking.....

A REPUTATION SYSTEM? 

Edited by Sir Texas Sir