Game-Labs Forum

Crafting and blueprint changes

Here is a short update on ship crafting and crafting XP

There will be no more dropped rare blueprints.
Crafting XP will only be granted for crafting ships

Ships BP will be split into two groups

1) Available - most ships that unlock based on rank (not based on grind)
2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

Certain high level ships will require admiralty items for construction (available from admiralties for marks) for every ship built. 

As a result. All ships (except for developer gift ships or potentially 2-3 premium vessels) will be available to all players with clear way to receive them based on their effort (and not luck).

• Like 44

2 minutes ago, admin said:

or loyalty points (or that organization level)

That sounds very interesting - like special recipes from factions for doing stuff for them, a la WoW.  I could see different nation vessels restricted in such a manner.

• Like 3

This is great!

These changes are really helping for the long term! Most, if not all, of the changes for this upcoming patch are looking really promising.

Off topic -- the only change that I'm worried about is the XP one, but you noted the reasoning for it so I understand.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

There will be no more dropped rare blueprints.

Ships BP will be split into two groups

1) Available - most ships that unlock based on rank (not based on grind)
2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

Certain high level ships will require admiralty items for construction (available from admiralties for marks) for every ship built. 

As a result. All ships (except for developer gift ships or potentially 2-3 premium vessels) will be available to all players with clear way to receive them based on their effort (and not luck).

Dear Mr. Admin,

Thank you for this update.

Can you now, or at the soonest opportunity, provide further detail regarding which ships might fall into which category (Available, Admiralty, high level ships, or Premium)?

For example, I am curious which category ships like the Rattlesnake Heavy, Agamemnon and L'Ocean might fall into.

Thank you in advance for your response.

• Like 7

Is there a list of what current ships will be on the Admiralty or other list and which will be special developer gifts and what ships will be added to the normal Available list for when you rank up in crafting?  I know this is a big thing cause of what ships tend to become the meta for battles (H. Rattler for Shallows and Aggy's for 4th rates).  And could some ships be restricted to only one nation like Pirate Frigate to pirates only?   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Can you now, or at the soonest opportunity, provide further detail regarding which ships might fall into which category (Available, Admiralty, high level ships, or Premium)?

next week

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

More interested in the Crafting system itself than what ships are in what category but seems a very good compromise. The drop system was not credible :) GJ Devs

Me too. Blueprints. LH times (and for that matter LH per RL hour) and what refits will look like.

Headline change looks good too (not that I had many problems with old system - except the non-craft drop BPs such as rattlesnake heavy)

I'd imagine the different "flagships" would be faction specific.  Like the Constitution for the US, the Victory for the Brits, the Ocean for the French, Santissima for the Spanish, etc. etc.  No idea how one would get faction XP in factions not your own nation, but maybe it'd be best if you couldn't.  (Total speculation on my part.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Remus said:

Me too. Blueprints. LH times (and for that matter LH per RL hour) and what refits will look like.

Headline change looks good too (not that I had many problems with old system - except the non-craft drop BPs such as rattlesnake heavy)

I figure those are things we will find out when the patch goes to testbed....which hopefully will be sooner than later....soon.....

8 minutes ago, admin said:

next week

crosses fingers....soon....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

I got the point about BP not about XP

are we going to see a xp craft wipe?

I believe that Admin already posted to indicate that your player XP AND crafting XP levels would be a redeemable.  So you would be able to keep your crafting level with the upcoming patch.   (whether and how this will eventually translate at final game release is another/separate discussion).

16 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

I believe that Admin already posted to indicate that your player XP AND crafting XP levels would be a redeemable.  So you would be able to keep your crafting level with the upcoming patch.   (whether and how this will eventually translate at final game release is another/separate discussion).

in a different topic they said theu may put everyone level max and make no redem

59 minutes ago, admin said:

This does not sound like a good change. If I understand this correctly it forces players to only craft ships - no other way to gain crafting xp.

The result will be that LH are more important for products along the way for no gain to the executing player. Needs some testing how this works out.

4 minutes ago, Kesxex Rofux said:

This does not sound like a good change. If I understand this correctly it forces players to only craft ships - no other way to gain crafting xp.

The result will be that LH are more important for products along the way for no gain to the executing player. Needs some testing how this works out.

You never got much off mods any way and you still have to do resources and materials to craft those ships which are the other means to get crafting xp.  I mean how else do you get it right now any way?  I do know some of the delivery missions in testbed gives crafting xp too.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

You never got much off mods any way and you still have to do resources and materials to craft those ships which are the other means to get crafting xp.  I mean how else do you get it right now any way?  I do know some of the delivery missions in testbed gives crafting xp too.

If Materials, Woodworking, Casting and Weaving still gives craft xp then fine - not sure if this continues.

Just now, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

so people with alts will just farm admiralty marks off them and have all the best stuff?

Once you been killed no one can gain anything like xp/marks off you for an hour.  It's all ready on testbed.  Even if they tried that would make farming  very slow.  

7 minutes ago, Kesxex Rofux said:

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

At the moment (ignoring mods which I have never looked at as I knew they were vanishing:

• Farming resources gives nothing
  • Making most intermediate items gives between 0.25 and 1 XP per labour hour
  • Making ships gives 2.4 XP/LH

Since only making ships requres XP it shouldn't matter too much if XP is only gained from making ships, but I'll reserve final judgement till we've seen it in action.