Game-Labs Forum

Crafting and blueprint changes

2 hours ago, Raekur said:

Actually on PVP2 alts were used for all the mentioned actions. The duplication process actually not only duplicated the ship but the up to 32 Gold upgrades onboard as well. I have personally seen "new" characters (just created within the last 2 days) enter a port battle and just sit there and sail onto the beach and get boarded by the enemy. Also have had "new" players in a port battle sail along side someone to prevent them from maneuvering to deflect incoming shots.  So while some alts are minor and do not affect the game in a negative manner at all, there are some that are used in a manner that is not only underhanded but an exploit as there is no counter to the negative actions that they take.

Nice..... Not surprising but interesting

On 3/31/2017 at 1:24 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Is there a list of what current ships will be on the Admiralty or other list and which will be special developer gifts and what ships will be added to the normal Available list for when you rank up in crafting?  I know this is a big thing cause of what ships tend to become the meta for battles (H. Rattler for Shallows and Aggy's for 4th rates).  And could some ships be restricted to only one nation like Pirate Frigate to pirates only?   

Like the idea about restricting certain ships to certain nations!!

Then the only way to obtain one would be to capture it... I like that!

Maybe those certain ships should also never be AI type ships, as in various AI fleets sailing around. Only player ships??

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 9:53 AM, Bart Smith said:

They must find a harmless way to balance (read: reduce) amount of ships of the line to avoid "zerg" and lack of ship variety in PB like we used to have in game recently. I think general they heading in good direction with that according their last ideas posted o forums. The most prestige and powerfull ships need some effort to build and have to be expensive as well. So i think mark system for blueprints and admirality items can be good solution here.

Well said sir!!!

So many great ships not used in the game because they're not the "correct" ship... That phrase (correct ship) turns my stomach...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Diceman said:

Like the idea about restricting certain ships to certain nations!!

Then the only way to obtain one would be to capture it... I like that!

Maybe those certain ships should also never be AI type ships, as in various AI fleets sailing around. Only player ships??

The only thing the restricted ships should be of a mid level and not key to things like RvR/Port Battles.   We don't have enough ships to go around to restrict to certain nations, but there could be some ships. I'll use the Pirate Frigate as an example that are more nation specific.  Whey would a Naval officer be runing around in a Pirate refited ship?  Maybe if he was a privateer I can see keeping the capture ship, but any naval officers would send capture ships back to be refitted to nations standards and than the ship would be renamed and put back into the Naval service.   

I would say make it something like a Rank 5 only ship restrictions so that you can make mid level ships for each nations that only that nation can get in there Admiralty shop.

I actually thought they might of been doing something like this when I saw the Pirate Frigate in the Pirate Den Shop and than I noticed Navy Agamemnon and though it might be a National only thing until I noticed it was just a ship note, not the BP.

Pirates have a lot of restrictions on them all ready so really is it bad that they have one ship that no other nation can craft to make up for the fact they can't have an alliance, join others port battles and have others join their port battles or OW battles?

52 minutes ago, Diceman said:

Well said sir!!!

So many great ships not used in the game because they're not the "correct" ship... That phrase (correct ship) turns my stomach...

The mark system can slow it dow, maybe make all SOL require marks along with the crafting materials so they are even more costly.  The meta is all ways to bring the best, but until every one gets settles in and production up and going most folks won't be able to have the best top tier ships in these battles.  A better break down on tier of ship in battles woould be nice too.  Some ports you can only have 5th rates and below.  Others you can only have 2nd rates and below.  This will get folks to use more than just the meta of ships most use at port battles.

for a moment I thought this was a national news thread.

Can we get back to the topic at hand? it being crafting and blueprints?

I lost track of where we are at...have the Admiralty BPs been announced yet?

Off topic: don't accuse players of cheating unless you have the evidence, and report them to the Devs instead of yelling about it here. I thought the Devs made it clear their position on accusations without evidence.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2017 at 1:16 AM, admin said:

Here is a short update on ship crafting and crafting XP

There will be no more dropped rare blueprints.
Crafting XP will only be granted for crafting ships

Ships BP will be split into two groups

1) Available - most ships that unlock based on rank (not based on grind)
2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

Certain high level ships will require admiralty items for construction (available from admiralties for marks) for every ship built. 

As a result. All ships (except for developer gift ships or potentially 2-3 premium vessels) will be available to all players with clear way to receive them based on their effort (and not luck).

I gather that with this Admiralty idea to obtain higher level ship products that 1st and 2nd rate ships should be much more work to gather the required items to make them more rare and then having 3rd rates less harder to bring it into abit more of an accurate depiction on the number of those class ships around during that time.

Edited by Ronald Speirs

I hope that lineships requiring marks or "loyalty" will make their presence on the battlefield rare. But we have to be careful where our current problem is that if you don't have the players or the "right ship" you're already having a disadvantage.

I don't have a fluid answer to limit 1st/2nd rates on the battlefield other than a hard cap in the battles. I've seen what coordinated players can do with difficult economics that developers believe will lead to limitations. 

It's called capital and super capitals in eve online, and they aren't rare anymore, even with all the resources required to make them. Unfortunately making lineship production have limitations doesn't stop players from still getting a large amount.

Edited by Teutonic

On 4/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, Teutonic said:

I hope that lineships requiring marks or "loyalty" will make their presence on the battlefield rare. But we have to be careful where our current problem is that if you don't have the players or the "right ship" you're already having a disadvantage.

I don't have a fluid answer to limit 1st/2nd rates on the battlefield other than a hard cap in the battles. I've seen what coordinated players can do with difficult economics that developers believe will lead to limitations. 

It's called capital and super capitals in eve online, and they aren't rare anymore, even with all the resources required to make them. Unfortunately making lineship production have limitations doesn't stop players from still getting a large amount.

A good thing with the wipe we won't see every one in a 1/2nd rate the first day or two. I'm going to bet they will start show up for some after a week.   Though even my clan which can be pretty productive have said we are goign to work on getting every one in key PvP ships not really RvR for the first week or so.   While stocking things up for RvR.   It might just prove to be more fun bringing a mix of SOL/4th rates to a Lineship battle cause no one has all the big boys yet, but we all know every one will want the META to win so they will push to have only the best players or clans for RvR to get into those ships first.  That is just human nature to do what ever to win and nothing will change that and I hope we don't go to hard caps myself, but I could see maybe limit that cap some how like.  The 12 folks in the group that flipped the port area the only ones allowed to bring 1st rates, but than how to you count who gets to bring the 1st rates on the other side?   I just see no way to do it without a lobby and I don't want a lobby system for this game. If they do a lobby system they better have a real PvP/RvR style raid system on the side too.

A thought: At the moment, Marks appear to be tradeable - there's a category for them in the Shop on Testbed. I know current Testbed isn't what we'll see in game, but if first rates are limited by requiring a huge number of marks, and if marks are tradeable, then the limitation might not be that ... er ... limiting.

If a first rate needs 10000 marks, then 100 players collecting 100 marks each isn't particularly daunting, but one player needing to collect all 10000 ...

I'm not saying marks shouldn't be tradable, merely pointing out it makes a difference.

1 minute ago, Shrez said:

How devs will prevent abusing alts for Marks farming?

"In addition to that there is a recently killed timer (1hr) that does not give you any reward if you kill that player again within 1 hour (limiting the marks farming on Alts)"

Still not the best solution imo, people owning a few alts, (I know a few owning 5+) could still farm several times per hour.

I think Alt-Abuse (farming wise) should be punished much more harshly if caught. So players should be made aware of the consequences of abusing alts.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 3

Hmm, using marks to purchase the right to build a 1st rate. That will take the game from nation vs nation to clan vs clan as i seriously doubt that clans will trade marks to other clans instead of hording them for production themselves. So what ever clan is the most active will rapidly produce 1st rates and a clear advantage over the rest of the server. I can see a LOT of people turning to brush up on their boarding skills. 

31 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I can see a LOT of people turning to brush up on their boarding skills. 

Raking and boarding with a surprise FTW!!

It makes you wonder why, over 300 years, no one thought of installing angled armored plate at the stern instead of fancy windows ;)

Edited by Serk

11 hours ago, Serk said:

Raking and boarding with a surprise FTW!!

It makes you wonder why, over 300 years, no one thought of installing angled armored plate at the stern instead of fancy windows ;)

Maybe because they could not figure out how to get the letters to stick on metal. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain me,  why we should build ships? Ok we need the bigger ones, but the others? We can buy connies in the shop for 100k. To build them mean 1week work and pve marks for furnishings and they aren't better as the shop ships. Perhaps i am wrong, but looks very bad for crafters and the economy,  if nobody want the stuff. 

• Like 3

I agree with Fury here, the mats needed to craft ships need to be adjusted.

On the Live Server, if you want to craft a Mahogany/Speed Constitution (a classic OW build), you need about 400 000 gold and 3 600 LHs if you harvest everything. Even if we take the 1 dura system into account and quarter everything, 100k and 900LHs is still not viable to the AI shop price of 150k. All the work to get the ressources, plus one day of LHs, just to save 50k gold? I suggest to raise the AI shop price to at least 250k.

39 minutes ago, furyGer said:

Can someone explain me,  why we should build ships? Ok we need the bigger ones, but the others? We can buy connies in the shop for 100k. To build them mean 1week work and pve marks for furnishings and they aren't better as the shop ships. Perhaps i am wrong, but looks very bad for crafters and the economy,  if nobody want the stuff. 

thats going to change very soon

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, admin said:

thats going to change very soon

That's good to read. I hope you will remove NPC ships completely from shop to give the players a reason to play as crafter/trader. That would also support your goal to bring the players to the OW, coz they need to transport the (raw)materials

Edited by Sven Silberbart

1 minute ago, Sven Silberbart said:

That's good to read. I hope you will remove NPC ships completely from shop to give the players a reason to play as crafter/trader. That would support your goal to bring the playres to the OW.

some ships will be removed. npc will not sail advanced ships as well (we hope to provide separate ship list on a pve server)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, admin said:

some ships will be removed. npc will not sail advanced ships as well (we hope to provide separate ship list on a pve server)

A question.

Is it possible to introduce all kind of marks with some "expiration dates" ?

Imo that would prevent hoarding.

13 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Is it possible to introduce all kind of marks with some "expiration dates" ?

But also mean that players who stop playing for a while, come back to the game and the most valuable currency in the game, that they spent a great deal of effort getting, has disappeared from their account just when they need it to build a new ship or whatever else marks will be used for. If marks are implemented well balanced and in conjunction with a healthy economy of gold and material, then hoarding of marks is not going to be an problem. And if hoarding should prove an issue, then implementing currency sinks for marks seems like a better way to go.

• Like 3

Just now, Anolytic said:

But also mean that players who stop playing for a while, come back to the game and the most valuable currency in the game, that they spent a great deal of effort getting, has disappeared from their account just when they need it to build a new ship or whatever else marks will be used for. If marks are implemented well balanced and in conjunction with a healthy economy of gold and material, then hoarding of marks is not going to be an problem. And if hoarding should prove an issue, then implementing currency sinks for marks seems like a better way to go.

Hoarding values, especially those which are used as MAIN currency, is killing every kind of economic cycle.

If i have 1000 Marks, but do not want to spend them,and you need them desperately, there is a problem.