Game-Labs Forum

Crafting and blueprint changes

1 hour ago, hiclipucli said:

what about regional bonusses, wood type bonusses? change after wipe ?

I would assume the woods and trims would be the same as before with the slider to change them.  With the new crafting sounds like you will have a third bar/tab that you pick the refit and than you will need the refit note to make that refit and what ever crafting mats that are needed.    Though this is all just guess work until the testbed server is updated with the new patch.

7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I didn't catch that the first time I read it and now I'm thinking.....

A REPUTATION SYSTEM? 

3 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Yeah, definitely speculating on my part, but it sounds like a reputation system to me too.  Refit system has been much requested as well, so I've high hopes for that too.

Admin's original post mentioned 'loyalty points'

3 hours ago, furyGer said:

based on rank(Battle xp rank?) = means the craft xp is for what?

will the Admiralty Ships flooding the market? especially the portbattle player will get them much..

how can we build "fine" ships with good building like fast or strong hulls? We need the region? Get notes for Regions, are they tradeable?

crafting must be worthwhile for the effort

I bet he means craft rank here...since as reedemable we will get both xp. Loyalty points could be similar to PotBS reputation with trading companies etc.

Edited by Bart Smith

18 hours ago, admin said:

2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

2 minutes ago, Remus said:

Admin's original post mentioned 'loyalty points'

I mean loyalty points could be something they give active testers or something, but the organization level thing could mean maybe a reputation system. I mean some one can dream right....maybe if we say it enough the Devs will think, "HAY A REPUTATION SYSTEM WOULD BE GOOD."   HINT HINT DEVS....lol

3 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

I bet he means craft rank here...since as reedemable we will get both xp. Loyalty points could be similar to PotBS reputation with trading companies etc.

A reputation system could give traders a means to be able to trade with other nations even if they are at war with that nation.   As long as they keep as a player a good trade reputation.  Much how the system helped you trade stuff in PotBS.   Could be a interesting way to work around the alliance system that if certain players have better reputation with certain nations they can help them too.  This makes it more on a player/clan level than a nation as a whole.

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A reputation system could give traders a means to be able to trade with other nations even if they are at war with that nation.   As long as they keep as a player a good trade reputation.  Much how the system helped you trade stuff in PotBS.   Could be a interesting way to work around the alliance system that if certain players have better reputation with certain nations they can help them too.  This makes it more on a player/clan level than a nation as a whole.

I suppose we need to know what they will do with smuggler flags. Trading is one thing, but the ability to set up outposts and buildings might be more important. I must admit I had forgotten about PotBS reputation. Didn't it only apply to European Traders (which were pretty useless)? As I recall there were no restrictions for port access or to the AH but no foreigners were allowed to build, but I mostly played FT and would have been careful to retain AH access.

I must admit I had been thinking of loyalty / reputation as your standing within your own nation, and Admin's 'other organizations' I read as probably nothing more than 'or Pirate equivalent'

1 minute ago, Remus said:

I suppose we need to know what they will do with smuggler flags. Trading is one thing, but the ability to set up outposts and buildings might be more important. I must admit I had forgotten about PotBS reputation. Didn't it only apply to European Traders (which were pretty useless)? As I recall there were no restrictions for port access or to the AH but no foreigners were allowed to build, but I mostly played FT and would have been careful to retain AH access.

I must admit I had been thinking of loyalty / reputation as your standing within your own nation, and Admin's 'other organizations' I read as probably nothing more than 'or Pirate equivalent'

Now remember any thing I remember is from before the F2P crap as I left the game.  I remember your reputation let you see what was in the auction house in your region, other regions and other nations ports in that regions and so forth.  

Give me a second I"m going to log into the game and look at it and see what refreshes my mind.  It's been ages since I played but downloaded like a month ago when some one brought the game up again and we where talking about some things about it.

But yah a loyalty/reputation in your own nation can open up things in the shop.  So a player more acitve and doing things like PvP, RvR and a lot of trading can have a better reputation than the guy that does little to nothing other than grind up his levels.  

I don´t understand the reason of a lot of requeriments for 1 dura ships. The way of exclusive items will be letal for game. A group of players will have a new highway to monopolize them. It´s the same but wearing a new dress. This is a wrong way as we saw with the old exclusive bps. Closed lists of players for playing port battles who monopolized the business of exclusive ships and bps. The last changes in game have kicked hard to the crafters. The players who sail along the whole map during hours every week.

You talk about effort, the effort of combat exclusively. No? We know it perfectly. So many players will not see funny to sail along the map for hours looking for resources.

Edited by Alonso Alvarado
orthographic mistake

They must find a harmless way to balance (read: reduce) amount of ships of the line to avoid "zerg" and lack of ship variety in PB like we used to have in game recently. I think general they heading in good direction with that according their last ideas posted o forums. The most prestige and powerfull ships need some effort to build and have to be expensive as well. So i think mark system for blueprints and admirality items can be good solution here.

Edited by Bart Smith
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

They must find a harmless way to balance (read: reduce) amount of ships of the line to avoid "zerg" and lack of ship variety in PB like we used to have in game recently. I think general they heading in good direction with that according their last ideas posted o forums. The most prestige and powerfull ships need some effort to build and have to be expensive as well. So i think mark system for blueprints and admirality items can be good solution here.

No they shouldn't, The players need to Step up and sink them when they see them. Give me a 4th rate and a buddy in a Reno(simmon). Not even a close fight. Got a vid of us taken a Vic down took less than 10 mins.  hell that combo will take out 2nd rates at the same time, just a lot more work. 

Edited by JobaSet

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

No they shouldn't, The players need to Step up and sink them when they see them. Give me a 4th rate and a buddy in a Reno(simmon). Not even a close fight. Got a vid of us taken a Vic down took less than 10 mins.  hell that combo will take out 2nd rates at the same time, just a lot more work. 

Great and i no doubt you got fun (not the guy in Victory) but you miss here wider perspective im afraid. We got so many ships in game but meta for PB are 3-4 types only. Making Lineships expensive and building them more demanded (marks) may help to make more ship variety for those engagements. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

And I'm sorry the folks that think every one should have every thing just handed to them needs to get over it.  No we don't all need be given every dang BP from the start.  There needs to be an end game and goal.  You want certain BP's and items you need to work for it and gain it in game.  I like the concept of getting some of the rare BP's this way instead of the old random luck chance and such.    Though I do hope the Meta ships will be the ones we need to get the BP through this way (H Rattler, Aggy, l'Ocean) so they aren't as easy to gain unless your one of  the players that does the PvP or RvR means to gain them.   While there needs to be other ships that the PvE guys can get from grinding AI, but these prob should be trader and merchant type ships.  Would be nice if we had a bigger Merchant ships in game that is maybe up there in the SOL level of things with large cargo space (maybe not as much) and more guns than say the Indiaman?

On testbed the Pirate Frigate BP is on the Pirate shop.  It would be nice if this is the restriction to get it so that it's a Pirate mainly ship. Would be even more nice if this BP was only able to be used by pirates too.  So that other nations have to capture one or  get some one to make it for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

yah but 90% of the abuses in this game stem from or are related to alts, its a huge issue but there is little that can be done about it

Do you play a dutch char by chance? They clamed that Pirates on pvp2 had more people than everyone else on the server.  That was proved wrong also.

• Like 1

On 1.4.2017 at 4:27 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

And I'm sorry the folks that think every one should have every thing just handed to them needs to get over it.  No we don't all need be given every dang BP from the start.  There needs to be an end game and goal.  You want certain BP's and items you need to work for it and gain it in game.  I like the concept of getting some of the rare BP's this way instead of the old random luck chance and such.    Though I do hope the Meta ships will be the ones we need to get the BP through this way (H Rattler, Aggy, l'Ocean) so they aren't as easy to gain unless your one of  the players that does the PvP or RvR means to gain them.   While there needs to be other ships that the PvE guys can get from grinding AI, but these prob should be trader and merchant type ships.  Would be nice if we had a bigger Merchant ships in game that is maybe up there in the SOL level of things with large cargo space (maybe not as much) and more guns than say the Indiaman?

On testbed the Pirate Frigate BP is on the Pirate shop.  It would be nice if this is the restriction to get it so that it's a Pirate mainly ship. Would be even more nice if this BP was only able to be used by pirates too.  So that other nations have to capture one or  get some one to make it for them.

Amen!!!!  never got it why they removed the rng system. was it unfair ? hell yeah. Did any of us understand it ? hell no . BUT did you feel that wooohooo cry comin out when you got a bp after producing 20 ships ? Hell yeah. i stood alone , saying it was fun but it was. i don't know how long i tried to that trinc bp but i had a lot of fun doing it.  Baiscally i do not care how long stuff takes , it can take a year , as long as it's fun.

Edited by BoomBox
  • Like 1

OK so this new crafting setup looks promising.....

I just hope that ships are easier to craft than the old system ( less mats, more access to special mats etc) because 1 dura ships will mean the community will need more available ships or the ability to craft them easier and sell them cheaper otherwise it will be very difficult for new players and would damage an already fragile PVP. 

The future looks bright.

On 01.04.2017 at 3:00 PM, Powderhorn said:

Yeah, definitely speculating on my part, but it sounds like a reputation system to me too.  Refit system has been much requested as well, so I've high hopes for that too.

under the hood reputation = xp with a certain organization. 
gain certain points by doing something for that organization and spend those points for goods

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Trastámara said:

Is the new Santisima/Victory gonna require lvl 45 cxp or 49 ?

Gray ones require 45 while exceptional ones require 49, since exceptionals will be gone, how will this be?

there are no quality levels any more. There are knowledge levels and they are tied to the captain. 
So LEDA class frigate is the leda class frigate for everyone. The bonuses come from knowledge = XP gained in battles on THAT ship 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Please remember to make it possible to craft all ships on PvE server too. Xxx last time only 2 or so people got the BPS for some of the ships and when they left we had no crafters for the rare ships.

Dev's had said many of the other (none common) can be gained through the admariality shop and other means.  Didn't ya'll have the PvE missions to do?  There was a small chance that those ship chest dropped BP instead of the ship note.  They will prob have some ships int he shops to get with PvE or PvP marks.  You can trade PvE/PvP marks in to get trade notes for ships BP or something like that.  So you will have the same chance to get the same BP's as every one else.  Just less on the part you don't have PvP or RvR on your server which is just another means to gain them.

19 minutes ago, admin said:

there are no quality levels any more. There are knowledge levels and they are tied to the captain. 
So LEDA class frigate is the leda class frigate for everyone. The bonuses come from knowledge = XP gained in battles on THAT ship 

He's talking about the level you have to be in crafting to craft the ship.  Like right now it's level 45 to be able to use the 1st rate BP's, but 49 for the exceptional.  So on the new system will it be at level 45 you learn to craft 1st rates, or was it moved some where in the middle.  I would think a Vict could be learned before a Santi cause it's a smaller SOL.  Though I would more just say why don't folks just wait for the testbed patch to hit and go check it out.  To much data for ya'll to be answering for every ship.  

Though it would be nice to know if any ships where added to the common BP's learned the old RNG way to get them but now through crafting level gain automatic.  Will Gunboat, H. Rattler, Aggy, l'Ocean be added to this list or will they be only shop/chest and drops.   What ships are Dev only ships (I assume the SC for sure).  Will the Wappen be able to craft or is it one of the Dev only gifts.   What about the Indy and Endy are they looking to be added to the craft-able ships any time soon?

If you want to craft all the common ships folks I would say get your crafting to level 50 before the patch, simple solution to the problem.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 0:16 PM, admin said:

Here is a short update on ship crafting and crafting XP

There will be no more dropped rare blueprints.
Crafting XP will only be granted for crafting ships

Ships BP will be split into two groups

1) Available - most ships that unlock based on rank (not based on grind)
2) Admiralty or other organizations - blueprints available for marks (pve/pvp/conquest) or loyalty points (or that organization level)

Certain high level ships will require admiralty items for construction (available from admiralties for marks) for every ship built. 

As a result. All ships (except for developer gift ships or potentially 2-3 premium vessels) will be available to all players with clear way to receive them based on their effort (and not luck).

Not that I want special treatment but can I PLEASE have two or three special admiralty ship bps? ;O) This sounds wonderful again I can hard wait until this materializes. 

Bubba/Buba Smith