Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary announcement about the wipe and recommended player actions.

Just now, admin said:

pandora will be like yacht.. it is tied to steam as DLC. Thus SHE won't have problems with account deletions or player removals or server changes. 
(yacht is a hidden DLC)

what if u delete ALL STUFF , everything xp ecc. and then when we log in for the first time we choose which rank we want? would this be possible?

i mean in this way who want a fresh restart (im thinking about it) can do it, and who want max rank can obtain it easily. this would be a nice gift for all the tester

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Who is saying there won't be a wipe at release?  They prob will do it the exact same way.  Wipe every thing and than day of release we log in with our chars and we redeem our levels and any gift we earned from being EA and testers.  If you don't want to rank up to your tester rank just don't redeem those items.

final asset wipe will happen on release

xp will either be saved as a redeemable now (with some risks that a lot of players will make mistakes and ruin their xp) - game might change before release

or it will be saved and given as a redeemable on release (where less changes will happen) either in form of gift to all early access players or in some other form.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

we think that we better make ensigns rear admiral and add 3 more ranks (admiral, secretary of the navy, 3rd Lord etc)
than have problems with rear admirals who lost redeemables because their cat used it accidentally. 

we don't believe ensigns are coming back in droves as well. 

My cat is to lazy to play NA, I tried...she just won't do it.  Than again she hates seafood and catnip.....Really think I have a broken cat.

So no worries there, but lets be honest if they are going to be making those mistakes than there prob no hope for them any way.  Can't kiss every one arse to make them happy.  I'm an old salty sailor and don't agree with every thing ya'll do, but I live with it after a bunch of grumpy comments.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, admin said:

Current preliminary proposal (using redeemables) has the following drawbacks
1) it does not allow to test new player experince
2) kids can delete your redeemables 
3) you can redeem by mistake and then change you mind
4) you might be a late comer who never had a character on one of the servers
5) you might have been in space and never read any news

redeemables now have a potential problem. Person deletes it - loses everything, with no way to recover. 

Full wipe now and full grant of max rank to ALL players who participated in early access release has no above mentioned drawbacks. 

• You will get rank even if you were in space
  • You will get rank even if someone deleted something or you wanted to change nation 5 times
  • You will get rank higher than your current one and if you don't like it - delete after release and start fresh.

How to fix drawbacks

1) Introduce Double XP weekends. This will promote new account/ character creation and will increase game sales. 

2)Must type 'Redeem' before opening such item. 

3) # 2 takes care of both, but you can also add 'are you sure? once used it can't be used again'

4) #1 will speed up lvling + introduce xp booster packs to your Game store. 

5) Add such items to your 'New player' guided ingame tutorial. Works every time.  

Although I still prefer Full wipe now and full grant of max rank to ALL players who participated in early access release has no above mentioned drawbacks. 

• Like 1

Please do not wipe XP/Crafting prior release, because:

- We in Sweden/HRE have new players frequently and get a lot of feedback from them, which we would hand onwards if needed.
- I do strongly opt for a complete wipe at release/leaving EA, to have a proper start; that leads to...
- ... a lot of players (active and also currently inactive) wouldn't see the point to start anew if there would be a complete wipe at release.
- We want to be testing endgame content (being 95% of the game for most) fully in the remaining EA time, and i think we need all the time we can get.

I do strongly suggest a full wipe at release, those who want a reset now, can delete their account and start from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

Although I still prefer Full wipe now and full grant of max rank to ALL players who participated in early access release has no above mentioned drawbacks. 

Except the fact that many folks have not done much to help with the testing of the game and it's growth so why should they be rewarded with max rank up upon release if they haven't all ready earned it by than by playing the game?  That and all the alts that will be instantly leveled up that weren't all ready.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Except the fact that many folks have not done much to help with the testing of the game and it's growth so why should they be rewarded with max rank up upon release if they haven't all ready earned it by than by playing the game?  That and all the alts that will be instantly leveled up that weren't all ready.

They paid $40 to support development financially and not physically. Their $40 were spent on new 3d model that other testers can fine tune physically. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 1

Just now, Ned Loe said:

They paid $40 to support development. 

No they paid to play a game and support the development. I never been in any Alpha testing that gave you max level just for logging in upon game release.  Hell most wiped you clean and you had to start fresh just like any new player at release time.  With maybe a few rewards for your time in testing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, admin said:

Full wipe now and full grant of max rank to ALL players who participated in early access release has no above mentioned drawbacks. 

• You will get rank even if you were in space
  • You will get rank even if someone deleted something or you wanted to change nation 5 times
  • You will get rank higher than your current one and if you don't like it - delete after release and start fresh.

This looks like the most reasonable solution, if we want as many players as possible back w/o wtf moments and frustration.  Besides, this might motivate beginners to stay. I really do not care about everyone getting max rank over night, I am worried about veteran's getting back and having unpleasant surprises, if the redeemable XP is implemented and things go wrong.

P.S. Will this granted XP apply to characters on all servers? That would be nice, cause everyone is concerned about proper nation/server choice.

Edited by Stilgar

I think either of the two solutions suggested will work just fine.  Personally I don't care if everything is wiped including XP, but for sake of promises kept just please be sure that at release those who do decide to return to the game don't get blindsided, and have what they thought they would (plus a bonus too maybe).  So duplicate the redeemable XP on final release, but do not remove the redeemable XP between now and then so if players haven't returned in the interum to redeem it, then you can just roll it over.

Also, as a game designer, you can't be responsible for people's cat's, kids, dogs, clumsy fingers, lack of reading, or anything else out of your control, so don't worry about it.  Let people be responsible for their own actions, and just make it clear how they are to proceed.

• Like 2

Just now, Otto Kohl said:

1. If I wish to play on PvP Global after wipe and currently I'm on PvP 1 do I still need to do this? Or after wipe I will just get my xp and craft lvl.

2. So when I use reedemeble xp and then I decide to switch nation I loose my xp and craft lvl ?

You need to

• use all your labour on PvP1
  • create a character on PvP2

After the wipe, you get one pair of redeemables (combat xp and craft xp). If you don't use them and change nations, you'll still have them in your new nation. If you do use them, tough.

15 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Ps: you promised multiple times that players will keep their xp and craft. Now you say that if inactive players (95% of people who bought the game) who won't sink a ship in a month time will need to start from a scratch and will not get their lvl and craft.

That's totall bull#hit, you LIED to your customers thousands of people. That's pure lack of respect and a great show of TERRIBLE eastern block PR. And then you cry about reviews on steam. I'm really thinking off puting my own.

If you never logged in to PVE server for example why should you receive something on that server after the wipe? Go sink a ship and get synched xp from your main server. If you never had any xp anywhere where it will come from.. Inactive players will have their XP on the server where they were active last. If they never visited other servers.. well. XP is safe on the server they always played. 

now your claims about lies and lack of respect are breaking several forum rules. Continue this way on the official forums and we will transfer your forum account to reddit. We don't care about toxic reviews - sorry. 

• Like 3

Just got for option 2 - simple like jiggy jiggy;) and simple solution are the best sometimes.

This:

"We can wipe everything now including XP
AND just provide rear admiral rank to everyone who played during EA solving all potential redeemables and late comer problems.
Active players are max rank anyway. And we doubt retired players will come back and doubt they will be unhappy with rear admiral rank. "

Maybe give a choice to start from scratch or get max rank straight.

Edited by Bart Smith

I got pvp1 character and plan to play global so how is this distributed with new servers

pvp1=pvp global or pvp eu?

Pvp2= pvp global or pvp eu?

Presuming pve=pve

Do i need to make new character on pvp2 to get my xp on global?

6 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Ok, so what about Pvp global and eu ? If i play on PvP 1 where will I get my redeemeble xp.

If you want it on all servers (even PVE) login to all servers (just in case)
If you never had anything on other servers your 
where this specific shard (physical) will be located eventually - we don't know. And it also might change again on release. 
So to be sure you have it everywhere.. login to all servers

What we are sure about is this. During EA 3 servers will remain - and PVE server will remain in its current forum for a long time. 
EU and Global servers are an experiment (as we said above) - no-one knows how it will all play out long term. If the experiment is successful there will be two pvp servers. if not there will be one global server if players decide that it is better. 

On release your redeemable xp will be on one or both pvp servers and pve server if you login there before wipe. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, b.westall said:

I tried to make a character on the eu server it told me i would lose everything so whats up with that!

Surely it only told you you would lose labour hours. I've made quite a few new chars recently and it's quite safe, except you seem to lose labour hours when you first log into your new char, not when you create it. Or possibly you lose them when you first engage in battle - which is why Admin has emphasised that point for preserving XP

7 minutes ago, Custard said:

From what I understand you can redeem your XP on any server you have an existing character on but you can only do it one time.

I kind of agree with you that somebody that is inactive but RA that maybe doesn't have an account on the new Global server is left hanging because they are unaware they need an account there to be RA

EDIT - I do however think we should not keep anything Rank, crafting XP or anything after release I think everyone should start at the same level on game release.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY 
You get XP redeemables on each server each equal to your xp on that server on the day of wipe
so.. if you are max rank - to have max redeemable on every server after wipe. you are better login to all servers you never visited or did not visit for some time. 

You have 3 redeemables 1 per server + 3 crafting redeemables 1 per server

you can use one on one server and keep them unused on others. 

13 minutes ago, Remus said:

Surely it only told you you would lose labour hours. I've made quite a few new chars recently and it's quite safe, except you seem to lose labour hours when you first log into your new char, not when you create it. Or possibly you lose them when you first engage in battle - which is why Admin has emphasised that point for preserving XP

NO it said i would lose everything

12 minutes ago, b.westall said:

NO it said i would lose everything

i have just done it

and it says only loss of labor hours

not everything else so is just ok to go ahead 

also when i was sunk and back in harbor i saw also 5 redeemable 

i left them alone, best thing to do just ignore it 

now  i wait for the patch 

all and all it took me 10 minutes to compleat the 2 servers just let yourself shot and sunk>fastest way:)

Edited by Thonys